Autor Thema: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - GRIMEY  (Gelesen 6994 mal)

Stefan W

• Gast
STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - GRIMEY
« am: November 11, 2008, 07:36:00 Nachmittag »

GRIME VS. GRANDEUR  6/10
Good, great, strange, bad, sleazy, different and angry.
That´s the ingredients of the somewhat "hated" album.
Kristoffers job here is great but due to the fact that we don't play the music that we´re best at.
Some stuff are a bit over the top, growls and lyrics about drugs doesn't really fit our style.
The stuff I love about this album is probably the stuff that fans don't like, for example the attitude and the groove.
Even beautyful choruses can become just a tad to cheesy for me (Emotional skies)
A kind of experimental album I don't regret but still don't value that high musically.
It was a fun experiance that let us try out new things and do something different than the usual pile of junk.
Thank you Jimmy for adding great guitar solos to the band.

Fave songs: Humanity overdose, I refuse, Child of the wild

Munkaboo

• Gast
Re: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - GRIMEY
« Antwort #1 am: November 11, 2008, 08:45:20 Nachmittag »
Child of the Wild was easily the best of the album. I'm happy Mathias got to re-sing it on the Northwind Jap release

cynic73

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: November 11, 2008, 10:36:26 Nachmittag »
Yes, he he, this album is a bit uneven  :D

But I have to say, I love "Jack the Knife" and I really like "The Assailant", although I think Kristoffers pronounciation of "assailant" is wrong...

I definitely have worse albums in my collection  ;D

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: November 11, 2008, 11:49:07 Nachmittag »
I too, really enjoy "Child of the Wild."

GvsG is a good heavy metal album, but a very strange Falconer album.

And where IS Kristoffer nowadays, anyway?  Wasn't he being HammerFall's mascot for awhile?

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: November 12, 2008, 07:13:28 Vormittag »
And where IS Kristoffer nowadays, anyway?  Wasn't he being HammerFall's mascot for awhile?

Yeah, what's up with Kriss nowadays? Hammerfall's what?!

"I refuse" is such a killer song! That "... and see my future life through tortured eyes" part is such a goosebump moment. Awesome!
I like that song definitely, and the overall sleaze and hardrock attitude of that album is something I can also dig sometimes.

Storm

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: November 12, 2008, 04:33:47 Nachmittag »
I didn't really like this album that much from the start, but over the years I've come to love parts of it.

Child of the Wild, No Tears for Strangers, I refuse is great songs, Humanity overdose and Power (much for the "When you reach the top..."-part) is really good songs. Howevere many of the other songs osnät that good, and it happens very rarely that I listen to them.

Vandroiy

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Januar 16, 2009, 03:01:15 Nachmittag »
6/10, a little bit too high I think! I would say 2.. :) But I guess it compensates for the too LOW points you gave some other records, Stefan!:)

RaceWithTheFalcons

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Mai 21, 2009, 03:37:19 Nachmittag »
Same deal as Scepter. Weak album with several strong points. Love the first two tracks. Jack The Knife is good, too, as well as Child of the Wild (but Blad's version destroys it).

Metalhead87

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: September 29, 2009, 08:48:23 Nachmittag »
Wait, what?
I honestly don't get why this album is viewed as a bad Album. Granted, it isn't the album you would expect to come from a band like Falconer, but this doesn't make it bad. It's quite the oposite. I think this is one of the better Power Metal Albums out there. It is not weak at all. Kriss does a awesome job. I really like his voice and it is sad that he only plays in cover bands nowadays. I know he earns more money that way but I'd love to hear him on more original songs. The songs itself are catchy and very entertaining. I especially love Cross Emotional Skies, Child of the Wild, Humanity Overdose and No Tears for Strangers.
I'd give the album 8 out of 10 points. Maybe not a good Falconer album, but a great Power Metal album.

waxlrose

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: November 26, 2009, 02:14:30 Vormittag »
90% from me. I can't forget that powerful and impressive intro from perfect and just so strong song "No Tears From Strangers" or "Humanity Overdose".

waxlrose

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Dezember 14, 2009, 02:44:19 Nachmittag »
"I refuse" also rules, I've managed to listen whole album again and always become astonished how almost every song
has its own power :56: