Autor Thema: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - NORTHWIND  (Gelesen 14283 mal)

cuauhtle

• Gast
Re: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - NORTHWIND
« Antwort #15 am: Dezember 05, 2008, 02:18:38 Nachmittag »
Agree totally.

(But not the fave songs part. I miss Perjury and sanctity, Home of the knave and Northwind...aaah!)

Northwind and Home of knave is in my top 5 favourites too. We have quite different taste with stefan i guess :p

Disconouny

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: Dezember 05, 2008, 06:05:08 Nachmittag »
Well, I guess that's going to be the next Falconer's album to buy! :) I'm a new fan and only bought the first and last ones.... :)

Cheers!

Storm

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: Dezember 09, 2008, 01:07:43 Vormittag »
Well, I guess that's going to be the next Falconer's album to buy! :) I'm a new fan and only bought the first and last ones.... :)

Cheers!

Then you MUST buy Chapters of a Vale Forlorn. It is probably their best album.

Disconouny

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: Dezember 10, 2008, 08:39:45 Nachmittag »
Ya, I'll shop around and try to get it soon or after Christmas! I can't wait!

Disconouny

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: Januar 01, 2009, 02:57:41 Vormittag »
I finally bought it on Itunes (kinda complicated to get it here in Canada) and really appreciated it... For now, I like the last album better. All the songs are pretty good, my favorite one is Delusion :)

I'll check for Chapters of Vale on Itunes... unless I find it somewhere.. I prefer having the real CD in my hands and the booklet.....

N'way, Bonne Année tout le monde! :)

Jophelerx

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: Januar 03, 2009, 08:58:46 Nachmittag »
Stefan, seems you know your work well.  I basically agree with your rating of Northwind completely.  9/10, and my favorite songs are also Catch the Shadows, Tower of the Queen, and Long gone By, except I would include Northwind in that list, too.  I'm guessing you also liked it, or someone in Falconer did, seeing you named the album after it! :)   I also liked Home of the Knave a good deal.  Probably my favorite CD ever, tied with *cough, cough* Inhuman Rampage by Dragonforce (oops, did I say that out loud?).  Yes, I'm a DF fan, too, but Northwind is no less amazing by it.  If every album was like Northwind, I would do nothing in life but listen to music.  Only songs I didn't really like were Spirit of the Hawk (which, as you eloquently put it, Stefan, is fast merely for the sake of being fast), and Black Tarn, which was just kind of...eh.  Not just because it's instrumental, just didn't think it had a great melody, but still an awesome CD!  Go Falconer!

Bebbanburg

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: Februar 05, 2009, 03:46:13 Vormittag »
First post (be gentle with me  :) )

I kind of agree with most of the album reviews here, first two great and raw; the second two I feel are good metal albums, just doesn't feel like the same band. I feel kind of bad though as I don't seem to like the same songs as other people here - on this album, I don't really like the ballads, my favourites are Waltz with the Dead, Perjury and Sanctity and Fairyland Fanfare.

Maybe because a ballad could be by many bands, they can sound similar irrelevant of the normal style of the band; but the up tempo/heavier tracks show more of Falconer's unique blend of medieval themed metal and Mathias's amazing voice?

Love the start to Northwind though - the first few lines leave you wondering how is this going to end - and then bam! in with the great riff.

RaceWithTheFalcons

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: Mai 21, 2009, 03:39:08 Nachmittag »
What a great return to form! Many great songs to be found here! Third favorite Falconer album.

Negru_Voda

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: August 17, 2009, 04:18:24 Vormittag »
This is fast becoming my favourite Falconer album. A very melodic and beautiful album, not just a great piece of metal but a great piece of music. In fact, this is album and Falconer in general have some of the most melodically developed metal I've ever heard, and to me music that manages to weave rich melodies is very good indeed. In that way it reminds me of tendencies in folk music, classical music (especially romantic period), musicals and some of the greatest pop and rock music out there. The bonus tracks and metalized folk songs are great as always! My words are beginning to falter here so I'll just end by thanking Stefan, Mathias, Jimmy, Karsten and Magnus and for making this sublime album.

Horus-Nikopol

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: August 17, 2009, 05:53:45 Nachmittag »
I agree wholeheartedly!

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: September 02, 2009, 02:56:45 Nachmittag »
This has actually become my second favourite (Falconer) album.

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: September 02, 2009, 05:04:15 Nachmittag »
This has actually become my second favourite (Falconer) album.

With chapters as your third or first??

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: September 02, 2009, 10:30:06 Nachmittag »
@ Hasse:
1st: Falconer (just because it's the first I ever heard of them, probably. first impressions last, I guess.)
3rd: ABAT (although some of the songs on this album belong to my top 10 fave songs, but let's not get into that now... :) )

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: September 02, 2009, 10:44:14 Nachmittag »
Scandalous! I must be the only person whose favourite is Chapters. My 2nd is definately Northwind and of course Falconer as number 3.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: September 03, 2009, 08:56:53 Vormittag »
Nope.  Chapters is my favorite Falconer album, too.