Autor Thema: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - SCEPTIC DECAPITATION  (Gelesen 5692 mal)

Stefan W

• Gast
STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - SCEPTIC DECAPITATION
« am: November 06, 2008, 01:29:30 Nachmittag »
SCEPTRE OF DECEPTION 4/10
2 new members + a new vocalist and doing a concept album got things unfocused.
The album that has our worst sound, lacks in the song writing and having a singer that doeasn't really fit the style.
Some really low moments of uninspired music but the lyrical concept is still great I think.
Occassionally the album shines with the theatrical sides as in the title track.
Some songs should really have needed some extra attention like "Under the sword", "Hooves over northland" and "Night of infamy".
Not even Jimmy and Mathias would have made this album good.
Yet another good ballad, damn we should have atleast 2-3 ballad per album!!!!!
A shame that the good songs are the last ones, but what do you do when there´s a concept to follow.

Fave songs: Sceptre of deception, Hear me pray, Child of innocence

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Re: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - SCEPTIC DECAPITATION
« Antwort #1 am: November 07, 2008, 01:21:56 Vormittag »
You're too hard on yourself about this album.  I thought it was an excellent transition album from Mathias to Kristoffer.

RedFox742

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: November 08, 2008, 09:48:39 Nachmittag »
"Septic Decapitation" would be an awesome name for a death metal band.

Storm

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: November 12, 2008, 04:46:26 Nachmittag »
I agree with Stefan on this one. This is Falconers LEAST good album. However, it has a few things that I love about it. For one, I love themealbums.

Faves are the title track, Child of innosence and maybe the somewhat forgotten track Ravenhair. The "So let your magic be unleashed..." is great and I really really love the female vocals on that song. But of course is this kind of music best with Mathias' voice and his preformance on Sceptre of... i great.

RaceWithTheFalcons

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Mai 21, 2009, 03:35:34 Nachmittag »
Not a great album, but has some great moments. Love Trail of Flames and the title song.

Metalhead87

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: September 29, 2009, 08:52:05 Nachmittag »
Again, I don't see how this is bad. Granted, hearing Kriss for the first time was a bit weird overall, but as AngelOfMusic said, it was an excellent transition album from Mathias to Kristoffer. The story and the concept give the album a lot of depth. Especially "Under the Sword" is a song that I can't get out of my head. I agree with the sound thing, but appart from that I like it. I'd give it 7 out of 10 points.

waxlrose

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: November 26, 2009, 02:20:19 Vormittag »
Stefan you're putting just too many criticism towards really good album with also a good heavy tenor on it. Coronation is the example of a really almighty song with really impressive vocals and solos. This song is really the one of those many from Falconer that can fill your soul with  hope, strenghtness and beauty of and in life .
90%