Autor Thema: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - A.B.A.T.  (Gelesen 25404 mal)

MasterOfTheFalcon

• Gast
Re: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - A.B.A.T.
« Antwort #15 am: Dezember 15, 2008, 05:45:40 Nachmittag »
Quick question,

Is that other guy singing at all in the song Mountain Men?

I hear another voice, but I can't tell if it is Mathias or that other guy (whose name escapes me at the moment)

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: Dezember 16, 2008, 01:40:29 Nachmittag »
He also does some backing vocals in the chorus of Mountain Men

truewalrus

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: Dezember 18, 2008, 03:55:01 Vormittag »
Oh really? I had originally thought that it was just Matthias doing some layered vocals.

Munkaboo

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: Dezember 18, 2008, 08:14:44 Nachmittag »
If you ever have a male guest singer again, might I suggest the lead singer of van canto --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shw3lYC6DsY

Besides Mathias, he strikes me as having the most unique in metal. Apart from the fact that the band is an A Capella Metal band, how freaking cool is that?

van canto is fucking AWESOME, you should totally try to get Dennis Schunke to guest voice
« Letzte Änderung: Dezember 18, 2008, 08:27:17 Nachmittag von Munkaboo »

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: Dezember 19, 2008, 12:42:15 Vormittag »
I'd rather they bring in Roy Khan from Kamelot.  Roy Khan + Mathias Blad = THE VOCAL SEX.

Yeah, I know...dream on, Joan. :P

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: Dezember 19, 2008, 01:47:46 Nachmittag »
I think Mathias and Roy have some similarities, no wonder I love Roy´s voice.
Kamelot is one of the best metal bands out there.

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: Dezember 19, 2008, 04:18:58 Nachmittag »
I think Mathias and Roy have some similarities, no wonder I love Roy´s voice.
Kamelot is one of the best metal bands out there.

++
I agree too!

Kamelot was one of the very first power metal bands I listened to. "Don't you cry" is one of my most favourite ballads ever!
Did you guys know that Roy Khan is partly Indian?
Anyways, Kamelot is one of so many bands, that never come to Austria... well, too bad!

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: Dezember 19, 2008, 06:36:22 Nachmittag »
Actually, he's 1/4 Thai. ;)  *has a bit of a crush on Roy Khan*

He and Mathias both have well-trained, beautiful voices.  Roy's Tenor would contrast beautifully with Mathias' baritone. 

Unfortunately, Roy's voice doesn't hold up live as well as it used to.  Which is a shame.  The last time I saw Kamelot, his high range was nonexistant, and when he tried to do some of those high notes, his voice cracked, or just gave out on him.  I've only seen Kamelot twice, so it's been 50/50 for me.  My boyfriend has seen Khan live 6 times (once with Conception!  Lucky bastard) and he said 4 out of those 6, Khan's voice was not up to par.  That's a real shame. :(

But as long as they keep writing good music, I'll keep buying their albums. :)

I also wish that Arjen Lucasson would invite Mathias to sing on an Ayreon album.  That would make me a very happy bunny.  :bangersmiley:

Munkaboo

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: Dezember 20, 2008, 08:45:52 Vormittag »
Stefan, all I know is that you should give Van Canto a serious listen.

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: Dezember 20, 2008, 03:15:25 Nachmittag »
Wasn't too impressed by Van Canto except for the female singer. She´s great.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: Dezember 20, 2008, 03:26:45 Nachmittag »
She is.  It's a shame SHE didn't end up as Nightwish's new singer.  Van Canto's "Wishmaster" cover is fantastic.

Munkaboo

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: Dezember 20, 2008, 05:58:38 Nachmittag »
Really? What about it dont you like? I was impressed by his voice, and not as much with the woman. I guess I'm weird.

truewalrus

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: Dezember 24, 2008, 05:21:41 Vormittag »
I'd say that Dennis Schunke's voice is pretty average... I like Van Canto simply because they are hilariously fun to listen to (Wishmaster cover  :56:).

I think the replacement for Nightwish should have been Heidi Parviainen from Amberian Dawn. They have pretty similar vocal ranges.

Thirdly, I'd love to see a collaboration between Falconer and Turisas. I have no idea if Blad and Nygard would match up well together, but they do have the same first name! Plus... Turisas is great, Falconer is great, what could possibly go wrong?

Inquiescent

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: Januar 02, 2009, 12:58:56 Vormittag »
Kamelot and Falconer have been my two favorite bands ever since I started listening to metal back in -04 I think.. Even up to this day, nothing compares to those bands exept maybe Sonata Arctica, who have a few good songs like "Don't Say a Word"- also a wonderful vocalist, check it out on Youtube, guys! I'd be overjoyed if Falconer had him as a guest artist sometime.

I found both Falconer and Kamelot through the internet on the same day. There was a guy sending me one song from each band through MSN - and it ended up with me buying all albums from both bands. Filesharing isn't always bad, it helped me get in touch with the music I love.

It's also cool that you've listened to Kamelot, Stefan.. I've seen them live twice and sneaked up backstage to meet them and to get their autographs with a friend once.. I actually asked Roy if he'd heard Falconer, but he said no. It would be cool if you ever got to be their opener, I'd give anything for such a show.

EDIT: Link to the song by Sonata Arctica for the lazy bums http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEUjbBMOUBg
« Letzte Änderung: Januar 02, 2009, 01:09:43 Vormittag von Inquiescent »

elbee

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: Januar 02, 2009, 04:23:44 Nachmittag »
(well, I just found this forum now, although I listen to Falconer since longer... :icon_redface: so hi for everyone here!  ;D)

my suggestion for a guest-vocalist is also Tony Kakko (from Sonata Arctica). I love his voice exactly so much as the voice of Mathias, I can never decide between them... their duet would be really awesome! (imo)

But I don't want to be too "off": ABAT is one of the best albums ever! (faves: Dreams and Pyres, Mountain Man, Boiling Led)