Autor Thema: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - A.B.A.T.  (Gelesen 25365 mal)

Kursch

• Gast
Re: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - A.B.A.T.
« Antwort #45 am: Mai 28, 2009, 01:51:53 Vormittag »
I know that this thread is for Stefan's review of Among Beggars and Thieves, but I just have to support the fan petition I read in a couple of pages back...
Please Stefan, consider asking Kristoffer Gobel and Rickard Martinsson to appear in the seventh Falconer album as guest vocalists... I mean, that is more realistic and feasible than inviting Roy Khan or Tobias Sammet...

But, just to say... for all I know Bruce Dickinson likes supporting other bands, like Tribuzy or the André Matos band, it could be a hell of a contribution having him in a Falconer album!! And well, now that we are being imaginative, a duet of Mathias Blad and the ex Jacobs Dream (another very, VERY underrated power metal band) vocal David Taylor, would kick some ASS!!!

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #46 am: Mai 28, 2009, 07:33:49 Vormittag »
I like Chaz Bond better, personally.

And yes, Jacobs Dream is a VERY underrated power metal band!

Kursch

• Gast
« Antwort #47 am: Mai 29, 2009, 11:15:33 Nachmittag »
I like Chaz Bond better, personally.

And yes, Jacobs Dream is a VERY underrated power metal band!

Well, very nice to see that there are Jacobs Dream fans!!
Chaz Bond is a great vocalist and, as the way I see it, he changed the band's style to a more epic one (specially in the 2008 album Dominion of Darkness)... But the high-pitched, clean and tireless voice of David Taylor just made the two first Jacobs Dream albums flawless jewels... For me of course, was a real shame that he left the band...

But well, to stay in the topic, when I read in the Falconer official website that the sixth album would be more aggressive and faster, I imagined something of the Grime vs Grameur kind... But just to say, Dreams & Pyres is one of the best power metal songs out there...
So, I can't really imagine what would be the band's seventh album.
Just EPIC!!

Metalhead87

• Gast
« Antwort #48 am: September 29, 2009, 09:03:41 Nachmittag »
For me this was a bit of a led-down after the awesome Northwind. I have no problem with the faster and more heavier direction but I liked the Cheesiness of the last album more. Also I think Mathias sounded much better on Northwind. But of course this album also has it's moments like "Carnival of Disgust", "Dreams and Pryes", "Field of Sorrow" or "Mountain Man", but overall I think Northwind is better. Nevertheless this is a good album.

waxlrose

• Gast
« Antwort #49 am: November 26, 2009, 02:11:50 Vormittag »
PERFECT ALBUM! ALL from the spiritual in-depth feeling to perfectly guessed atmosphere...100%
I have listened it so many bloody times and yet I'm not fed of it. Just a proof of how INTELLIGENT and UNIQUE METAL is - only for the ones with cognition of a spirit - THAT is TRUE METAL.