Autor Thema: i wanna stop smoking.  (Gelesen 12752 mal)

Forsaken

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #15 am: Dezember 26, 2004, 02:00:48 Vormittag »
but.. ALL my friends are smokers!
 :evil:

i wanna smoke.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #16 am: Dezember 26, 2004, 05:01:16 Vormittag »
But the title of this thread is "I wanna stop smoking."  And you just said that you want to smoke.  So which is it?  Do you want to quit, or do you want to keep on going?

I have to be the Harbinger of Doom though:  If all of your friends are smokers, you're chances of quitting successfully are very slim.

K. Beckman

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #17 am: Dezember 26, 2004, 11:04:25 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Forsaken"

i wanna smoke.

There you have the problem. If you don't want to, there is no way you can stop.

gargantouas

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #18 am: Dezember 26, 2004, 11:14:39 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "K. Beckman"
i wanna smoke.

There you have the problem. If you don't want to, there is no way you can stop.

True...very true...all about quiting smoking is the will to do it. As I told you try to go to your doctor or pharmacist and ask them about it. They can help you with these patches for nicotine or they will have some advice for you. If you dont want to quit then...dont lol...

The Metal RN

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #19 am: Dezember 27, 2004, 08:09:10 Nachmittag »
There is an anti-depressant here in the US that a lot of people use called Wellbutrin ( I will give you the chemical name later) A lot seem to use that as well as counselling. Many people try many different things, (I do not smoke so remember that I have no frame of reference). But working in psychology and knowing an amount about addictions, (again only from work, I really am pretty straightt, never really did anything), I think that this might help.

1) figure out how many cigarretes you smoke a day (lets say 20, a pack)
2) Each week decide to smoke one less per day (next week 19/day, then 18/day, etc.)
3)Eventually you will be down to zero

4) granted this seems simple but it does take a long time, in this case 20 weeks, you will accoustom your body to slowly depend on less nicotine, and you will be more likely to not pick up smoking so fast. There are also a lot of habits that you probably have with smoking, after a meal, sex, driving etc. These will be the hardest times to not pick up a cigarette because you have associated something with it. I know people who have stopped smoking for years and they still say they have an urge to smoke when they go out to clubs because they used to smoke in that setting and it "just feels right", thisa is an example of what I am talking about.

Good luck to all, I have seen how hard it is.

The Metal RN

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #20 am: Dezember 27, 2004, 08:15:07 Nachmittag »
Wellbutrin's chemical name is bupropion. They use the Wellbutrin SR form, (SR = sustained release, released over time)  150mg twice a day.

This Dying Soul

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #21 am: Dezember 29, 2004, 01:13:43 Vormittag »
hey i quit.... been smoke free now for a few weeks.. and you know how i did it.. just stopped.. went to the store and bought some loli pops and suck on them instead of those nasty arse ciggys.. and man how my lungs feel better already... i can breath again.. this is a great feeling...

my best advise is just have faith and give strength and hope a try.. maybe even God.....

Good luck!!

Metalmaiden

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #22 am: Dezember 29, 2004, 01:31:16 Vormittag »
I did it  "cold turkey"  too. Just quit. Chewed gum a lot, sucked on candy. Its been over 10 years now (and I still occationally miss it).

But I had a reason not to go back to it. I quit as a birthday gift to my daughter who had been nagging me  to quit. I could NEVER go back on a promise like that. :)

This Dying Soul

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #23 am: Dezember 29, 2004, 01:37:57 Vormittag »
there you go. promise someone for their birthday present that you will stop.. something to heard to go back on.... and rock on there maiden.. 10 years is awsome...

Metalmaiden

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #24 am: Dezember 29, 2004, 01:52:51 Vormittag »
Yeah, when my son's birthday came around I had had enough of promises! He got a puppy! (See avatar at the moment -- that's the puppy all grown up.)

The Metal RN

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #25 am: Dezember 29, 2004, 02:29:07 Vormittag »
and evil!!!!!!! :twisted:

Forsaken

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #26 am: Dezember 29, 2004, 08:18:56 Nachmittag »
well i understand you all
i mean that i wanna smoke but now i need the ciggarets most... with all the shit that happends...

oh.. and i dont believe in god/satan... so...

anyway im trying not to smoke.. im smoking 4 or 3 ciggarets in a day... thats good... right?

i used to smoke a box for a day...

:?

K. Beckman

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #27 am: Dezember 29, 2004, 08:23:06 Nachmittag »
i mean that i wanna smoke but now i need the ciggarets most... with all the shit that happends...

anyway im trying not to smoke.. im smoking 4 or 3 ciggarets in a day... thats good... right?

It's always a start. Good work :)

Metalmaiden

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #28 am: Dezember 29, 2004, 10:29:55 Nachmittag »

Times of stress is exactly when people go back to smoking. Its very hard. But down to 3 or 4 a day is very good. Keep it up.

The Metal RN

• Gast
i wanna stop smoking.
« Antwort #29 am: Dezember 30, 2004, 12:20:00 Vormittag »

That's good, not too much to work on, do it slowly and it will work best. Try not to associate it with anything, example stress, note this is MUCH easier said than done!!!