Autor Thema: Feel good music  (Gelesen 7432 mal)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Feel good music
« am: Februar 09, 2009, 11:22:23 Nachmittag »
Listening to some really cheesy stuff - but it works! This is not just Happy Metal, but massively positiv Melodic Rock, dripping from cheese - but it lifts my spirit at times.  :icon_lol:

Imagine track titles like: 'Sea of Love', 'White Lights', 'My little Princess'...  :icon_eek:

But what made me post this here was 'Why not?!', because it is so lovingly matching:

Music was the first love of my life
It's the reason why I feel alive
but all the promises of liars
burning inside like a fire [whatever] :whatever:

Sometimes the business is a shame
I don't need glory and fame
do they believe we lost our way
but no, no we'll stay

Ah, yes, almost forgot to give you details: AXXIS - "Back To The Kingdom"

What do you listen to in order to lift your spirit? For me it's not AXXIS every time, of course, depends... but this one is especially happy and cheesy. ;)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

kex

• Gast
Re: Feel good music
« Antwort #1 am: Februar 10, 2009, 11:55:17 Vormittag »
certainly everybody doing work with children and teens lifts his spirits with "die wiseguys"
so, everytime they're getting on my nerves, headradio switches on and plays:
kinder find ich nicht so toll
tut mir wirklich leid
eins schmiert dir die wände voll
und ein andres schreit
eins schmeißt wild mit lego rum
aus hartplastikbehältern
doch was mir auf die nerven geht
sind die stolzen eltern
was mir auf die nerven geht
sind die stolzen eltern!

for short in english - child's can get hard on your nerves, while throwing plastic-bricks and painting walls but the really disappointing ones are their parents, proud of everything the little skunk does!
And no, that's nothing to do with metal, but damn good a capella

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Februar 10, 2009, 07:08:51 Nachmittag »
HammerFall generally always makes me feel better.  It's a tankard-waving good time! :)

Offline des

• Administrator
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #3 am: Februar 12, 2009, 02:28:09 Vormittag »
difficult to say.
i am quite a positive guy, but anyhow I prever music that is a bit drama or sad (not to say: depressive).
so basically I really hate happy metal in the edguy style or similar. ok, sometimes I like the old helloween stuff.

if I really have to listen to happy sounds I like AC/DC; favourite song "touch too much" with its funny lyrics:
'she had the face of angel, smiling with sin...
...she liked it done medium rare'
(and it is not about cooking).

one of my alltime highs in a certain mood is SCORPIONS - Still Loving You
what is really strange: when my first kid was born I listened to BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - Damage Is Done. Funny, but it really did not reflect my feelings at that moment (and truly does not now). I was pumped out after the birth, a little bit torn and twisted, but really happy. Then I started the engine of my car and that song came out. Paradox. I will ever have a special relationship to that song. As said, the lyrics did not reflect my feelings, but the melody and sound touched me deeply.

and kex: I fully understand your song with now having two small kids ;)
The world is full of Kings and Queens. Who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.

kex

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Februar 12, 2009, 08:38:25 Vormittag »
tomorrow sun is shining, anything can be good. I put havoc-promo into cd player and know what happened? that's a damn good thing, half an hour of heavy death metal, I think my housemate will kill me over the next few minutes for he needs his beauty sleep.
I have to say that edguy in my ears sounds rather depresing than happy - it allways reminds me of some sort of opera - which sounds always kind of sad.

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Februar 12, 2009, 09:55:42 Vormittag »

I could really use some postive tunes right now. It's only been hours since my long term relationship (three years after all) broke up.
I've got this steady queasy, dull feeling in my stomach. I fear that it'll take some time to get rid of these things.

The thing is I can't really listen to music right now. Let's see, what bands do I have on my iPod... okay, Mercenary, I really love their music, but nope, too emotional and melancholic for me right now... same applies to everything by Sonata Arctica... hm.. what about some thrash metal, I listened to Testament on my way to work today... but, somehow I hardly noticed the music, I was stuck in thoughts/memories. Okay, I remember in the past, when I was in similar situations (you know, this "just broke up, everything seems so depressing" time) I started to listen to bands I've not really known or cared for before. It was always something "harder" or "more extreme" than everything else I was listening to in those days. That's how I really turned to Metallica, years ago, or that's how I discovered Children of Bodom years ago.
Still... I imagine listening to some NILE or HATE or some bands like that... but I don't feel like that would help me out really much. Hm...

Well... I don't have any idea of what songs will accompany through these times that are ahead.

Damn, still can't believe this finally happened.

Sorry for being whiny

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Februar 12, 2009, 06:48:16 Nachmittag »
Sorry to hear that Prab. :(   It's hard getting over a break up.  I was crying at the drop of a hat for about six months after my last break up, and the dull, empty ache didn't subside for the better part of a year.  And now I wish I hadn't spent all that time crying and feeling depressed, because the guy was a loser.  But I digress...

If you're anything like me, when you're sad even happy music causes tears.  The only way I felt better was by listenting to something that reflected my mood.  BUT, if happy music makes you feel better, HammerFall, PowerQuest, Sonata Arctica, Dream Evil, Primal Fear, etc...are all happy metal.  Just don't listen to the lyrics to PowerQuest or Sonata Arctica, as those guys write some really depressing lyrics.  O_o

You could also bury yourself in progressive metal and lose yourself in the time signature changes, if that helps.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #7 am: Februar 15, 2009, 02:59:40 Nachmittag »
Hey Prab, sorry to hear that. I send you a Nordic God's hug for strength!

Depending on the actual situation my other emotional resorts can be Manowar (yes, yes...), Children of Bodom, Artillery (aggression!) or chilly stuff like Popa Chubby, Dr. Feelgood, Gary Moore and Lucky Peterson. It has become seldom for me to listen to emotional Prog like Pain Of Salvation or Ayreon, I just noticed. Hm.

@des: But you do like Gamma Ray, don't you? ;)

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Februar 16, 2009, 11:58:18 Vormittag »
hey folks, thanks for the comforting words! i really appreciate that.

the thing is, that you get very used to a particular lifestyle if you're in a relationship this long.
now I have to retrain being single again. a lot of strange worries haunt me these days.
the housework stuff is not the real problem, i can manage that fortunately.
it's more what my friends tell me to do, they're all like "yeah, just try to enjoy your single life, go out and party! there are so much more fish in the sea!".
that never was a problem for me in the past, and I still feel like doing that, all that partying and stuff, especially in a situation like this because I'm pretty good at distracting myself from an actual problematic situation (which has also caused me some trouble in the past).
my main worries are that I won't be able to get to know any more "fish in the sea". okay, and before I elaborate on this - I don't want to be too offtopic. and I don't want to open a new thread for discussing my personal drama situations or whatever  :P
so, to be back on topic: i am listening to some really aggressive death metal at the moment.

so I'll take those angelic words and the godly hug of strength and be off to... erm, to do... well, let's see where the road leads to.
« Letzte Änderung: Februar 16, 2009, 12:01:49 Nachmittag von Prab »

Offline des

• Administrator
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #9 am: Februar 16, 2009, 02:37:07 Nachmittag »
@des: But you do like Gamma Ray, don't you? ;)

Oh yes, I do. I wonder how I could forget about them.  ???

Yes, that is really happy stuff. My favourite songs of them are 'The Silence' and 'Heading For Tomorrow', 'Razorblade Sigh' and 'Empress' from the last album. So, the more dramatic and less happy songs from a happy metal band ;)

The world is full of Kings and Queens. Who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.

kex

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Februar 16, 2009, 03:55:23 Nachmittag »
the song helping me when at anger with university (as now) is TNT- from my personal heros of rock ;)

Offline des

• Administrator
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #11 am: Februar 16, 2009, 04:51:32 Nachmittag »
the song helping me when at anger with university (as now) is TNT- from my personal heros of rock ;)

and when the anger is over try WHITESNAKE - Best Years  ;)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #12 am: Februar 16, 2009, 06:39:48 Nachmittag »
I am really having trouble getting close with Gamma Ray's Land Of The Free II... it's just not working. So is the latest Falconer album. Damnit, it might be a problem with myself being unable to accept new stuff. :( ;)

AC/DC is also great, yay!

Powermetaljesus

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: März 02, 2009, 05:58:24 Nachmittag »
Try;

Ten-Spellbound