Autor Thema: King of Asgard!  (Gelesen 8968 mal)

Karl

• Gast
King of Asgard!
« am: August 16, 2009, 09:56:53 Nachmittag »
Hello once again folks!  :smile:

Just want to tell you guys that Karsten Larsson (Falconer) and I have started a new band called "King of Asgard".
The idea was to go back to our Vikingmetal roots.
We have done a 7-track demo, and there is 2 songs available to listen to at our homepage: www.kingofasgard.com

Enjoy!  :)

/ Karl Beckman

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Re: King of Asgard!
« Antwort #1 am: August 16, 2009, 10:49:37 Nachmittag »
Can't wait to see what else you guys come up with. :)

Is that Sleipnir in your icon?

Karl

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: August 17, 2009, 12:35:28 Nachmittag »
Can't wait to see what else you guys come up with. :)

Is that Sleipnir in your icon?

Yes, Sleipnir and Odin.

Links to the songs for the lazy ones  ;): http://www.kingofasgard.com/music/vamods_tale.mp3
http://www.kingofasgard.com/music/forsaken_souls.mp3

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: August 18, 2009, 11:20:11 Vormittag »

Hey Karl, long time no see :)

On that bandpic in the "members" section, Karsten and you look somehow related, as if you were brothers :)

:o
I'm listening to "Forsaken Souls" at the moment... f**k yeah! :bluebanger:
That one is really killer!

Let's see what "Vamod's Tale" is like.
Ok, this one's cool too, but I like the other song more :D

The kickdrum could be a bit louder and more defined I'd say. I love Karstens doublebass, so make it louder :P
The vocals are just ferocious  :56: Is that you Karl? Sounds really cool!

The guitar melodies have a very Mithotyn quality to them. Maybe Stefan could do a guest lead guitar someday? :D

All in all - move forward on this project guys! Come to Vienna and we'll open up for you ;)

Karl

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: August 18, 2009, 07:09:24 Nachmittag »

Hey Karl, long time no see :)

On that bandpic in the "members" section, Karsten and you look somehow related, as if you were brothers :)

:o
I'm listening to "Forsaken Souls" at the moment... f**k yeah! :bluebanger:
That one is really killer!

Let's see what "Vamod's Tale" is like.
Ok, this one's cool too, but I like the other song more :D

The kickdrum could be a bit louder and more defined I'd say. I love Karstens doublebass, so make it louder :P
The vocals are just ferocious  :56: Is that you Karl? Sounds really cool!

The guitar melodies have a very Mithotyn quality to them. Maybe Stefan could do a guest lead guitar someday? :D

All in all - move forward on this project guys! Come to Vienna and we'll open up for you ;)

Hi there! It's been a long time indeed. But now I'm back again.   :56:

Some people say the same thing as you about Karsten and me, but we're not related. Not that I know.  ;)

The thought with this project was to pick up where Mithotyn ended, and I hope we will succeed with that. And of course add some new thoughts to lift the music to the next level.
The idea of inviting Stefan for a guest appearance have crossed my mind as well. I'll have to ask him for the next recording.  ;D

Karsten is hammering the drums and I play both guitarrs, bass and screams.  :56:

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #5 am: August 23, 2009, 06:01:01 Nachmittag »
Hey Karl, welcome back! :)

So this project is also the successor to Infernal Vengeance, I guess? Hopefully you'll reach a broader public this time. ;) Sounds very promising, but I did not expect anything less than that, of course, hehe...
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Karl

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: August 24, 2009, 08:20:51 Nachmittag »
Hey Karl, welcome back! :)

So this project is also the successor to Infernal Vengeance, I guess? Hopefully you'll reach a broader public this time. ;) Sounds very promising, but I did not expect anything less than that, of course, hehe...

Thanx man!  :)

Yes, I got tired of Infernal Vengeance and wanted to go back to my viking roots with more speed on the bassdrums, he he...  ;D And who is better for that task than Karsten?!  ;)

kex

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: August 24, 2009, 10:46:06 Nachmittag »
Yeah, I like this!

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #8 am: September 01, 2009, 09:34:51 Vormittag »
Karsten indeed is the perfect power machine for that. Even in Falconer the driving double bass prevails and gives damn nice kicks to the speed - I really like his style. :)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Karl

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: September 12, 2009, 09:31:42 Nachmittag »
Karsten indeed is the perfect power machine for that. Even in Falconer the driving double bass prevails and gives damn nice kicks to the speed - I really like his style. :)
Me too. I kind of learned to play metal to his drumplay. It feels like I'm home. But I still miss Stefan and Rickard in the band.  ;)