Autor Thema: "Now as the massive world tour of 2009 is over"  (Gelesen 17203 mal)

Powermetaljesus

• Gast
"Now as the massive world tour of 2009 is over"
« am: August 31, 2009, 07:28:03 Nachmittag »
Lol, Anyway. Stefan could you elaborate on the direction you think you are going to be taking? More operatic? (dreams and pyres), Heavier, more cheesy and power metal?

I know as an artist you probably won't wan't to disclose everything and make the fans wait but maybe an incling for those here on the board would be nice :)

Alex

RedFox742

• Gast
Re: "Now as the massive world tour of 2009 is over"
« Antwort #1 am: August 31, 2009, 09:29:20 Nachmittag »
Wait, wait, let me guess. The band has become bored of the power-metal style and wants to go in a progressive/hard-rock direction. The double-bass will go out the window, and so much for solos; all guitars will be heavily downtuned and the bass guitar will suddenly become oppresive. Catchy choruses are for the simple minded, so none of those--in fact, nothing that's fun to sing along with at all. Add five key changes and cut the tempos in half. There will also be at least one bizarre psychadelic minimalist section per song.

Pardon me, but yes, I have become a little annoyed lately with the best names in power metal doing major surgery on a successful style, pretty much always for the worse. I get it, I get the whole "not wanting to repeat the same album over and over," but the cumulative impact of it is starting to grate on me.

Prove me wrong, Stefan. :p
« Letzte Änderung: August 31, 2009, 09:31:03 Nachmittag von RedFox742 »

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: September 01, 2009, 04:46:50 Vormittag »
Have some faith. :P  Stefan knows what works for Falconer.  That's why he got Mathias back on vocals.

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: September 01, 2009, 09:34:59 Vormittag »

Yeah, have some faith, fellow Falconites.
Stefan knows that change can also amount up to something not as pleasant, like for example the album "Grime VS Grandeur".
That was a really different sounding Falconer album! Although it was important for the band at that time, to try and play something a bit different, the outcome was not completely satisfying. Not for the Falconites and fans, and if I'm not mistaken, neither for the band.
So, I'm pretty sure Stefan wouldn't talk about a "new" direction, if he wasn't really confident that it's going to benefit the overall Falconer sound and style.

I'm really looking forward to every bit of news regarding the new material! :)
Awesome to see that our most favorite bird is getting ready to take off again!

Horus-Nikopol

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: September 01, 2009, 03:06:34 Nachmittag »
Interesting! I kinda hope they will stay true to their basic style while delving deeper into the more operatic, complex arrangements like "Dreams and Pyres", perhaps also some storytelling like on Sceptre, which to this day I feel gives that album a depth that the others don't have. Perhaps bring Kristoffer back for some dialogues?

I certainly don't think they're going for a second GvG, so I'm intrigued to see where the direction is going. Judging by the excellent overall quality of the last two albums, I'm fairly confident the new material is going to be nothing short of amazing.

Kursch

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: September 03, 2009, 05:53:50 Vormittag »
Well... As a true Falconite I am, I'm just gonna sit down and trust in Stefan's incoming ideas... Maybe, as Horus said, he will actually hear our petition of bringing Kristoffer (and maybe Rickard) back to make a Power/Folk/Symphonic Metal opera... Or, the band is going to take the direction of the awesome "Dark Ages" song, more 80's rock&roll kind of stuff...
Or, (and I just loooove this idea) Falconer is going to try new things, perhaps some gutural voices of Death metal, adding a female vocalist and a more dark atmosphere to the songs (it will absolutely rule with Mattias unique voice)...
Anyhow, I just wonder ofthe endless posibilities that a band that Falconer has with all those amazing musicians...

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: September 04, 2009, 04:17:43 Nachmittag »
So I guess I have to rethink the plans of making "Grime vs grandeur pt II"

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: September 04, 2009, 08:00:33 Nachmittag »
ROTFLMAO! OR PERHAPS NOT!

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: September 04, 2009, 09:15:56 Nachmittag »

:lachen:  Stefan, you're killing me here!  :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: September 05, 2009, 10:42:33 Vormittag »

Or just call it "Less Grime Vs More Grandeur" :D

waxlrose

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: September 11, 2009, 12:46:44 Vormittag »

Every respect to you STEFAN and the FALCONER, with LOST HORIZON one of my very very best band, generally ever :bangersmiley: :56: ;D. One question which you don't have to reply on ... Have you ever considered some compromise with Mathias so to choose his career path or rather life path in music or his drama culture.Why I'm asking this, probably because this question is the main question of every TRUE FALCONER fan out there who is waiting to hear YOU guys on WORLD TOUR, WACKEN, etc. One gig in two years :frown: :frown:... c'mon
You guys are probably one of the most original and most brilliant bands in the history of metal music(SPIRITUALLY  MOST STRONGER MUSIC on THE PLANET) without ANY DOUBT in the meaning of lyrics depth, intelligence and musical spirit(EVERY ALBUM I HEARD FROM FALCONER REQUIRES IN DEPTH LISTENING SO TO REVEAL REAL POWER AND STRENGTH OF IT TO LISTENER) . METAL FROM SWEDEN WAS ALWAYS IN-DEPTH , IN-SPIRITUAL with such a TALENTED & inspired people around their musical masterpieces, super-original lyrics authors, UNNORMALLY TALENTED VOCALS (Heiman, Blad, etc.). So FALCONER DON'T GIVE BLOODY UP. YOUR LAST ALbum is a total masterpiece in such a way that the only thing that is holding you guys(and you know that better than any one else!!) from reaching mega popular
status is (A)LIVE TOURING..NOTHING MORE - NOTHING LESS..PEOPLE NEED TO SEE & HEAR YOUR POWERFUL AND INTELLIGENT MUSIC in LIVE AROUND THE WORLD AND so at THAT MOMENT YOUR STARS WILL BE REACHED. BEST LUCK FROM DIE HARD FAN!! ;)

tuby_boulin@hotmail.com

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: September 11, 2009, 04:40:04 Vormittag »
*big wall of text*

Well, As much as I love Falconer...

1) Making Mathias choose would be a bit unfair, because he obviously loves both
and 2) Because Power Metal isn't that popular in the first place, Falconer doesn't tour that often, and Digital Downloading is prevelent, Mathias would probably not be making a whole lot of money if he chose to abandon theatre and live of his Falconer pay.

If I misunderstood what you said, I appologize.

I too am interested in seeing what Falconer does in the future. I hope they don't pull a Unia on us. Damn you, Sonata Arctica! :(

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: September 11, 2009, 08:37:47 Vormittag »
I hope they don't pull a Unia on us. Damn you, Sonata Arctica! :(

Oh, they did, they pulled a Grime VS Grandeur on us ;)
But I enjoy both, Unia AND GvG, although not nearly as much as the former (and later) albums of both bands ;)

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: September 11, 2009, 12:27:26 Nachmittag »
To Waxlrose!

We did something like that in 2002 because we wanted more live gigs, thus the departure of Mathias.
Earning a living is priority 1, doing  a hobby without any earning is priority 2.
The same goes for the rest of us as well.

Of course we know that many fans like to see us, it´s a shame for them that they might not get the opportunity.
The terms of live playing and touring has to be reasonable for everyone.
Keep in mind that we are not 16 years old and are willing to do just anything to go on tour, not knowing the outcome of it.

waxlrose

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: September 12, 2009, 01:20:51 Vormittag »
Thank you for your fast reply(can't believe you <<STEFAN FROM FALCONER :icon_eek: :tup:>> actually replied me). Wishing you every luck and persistence in your hard work and music identity...JUST DON'T GIVE UP FALCONER-STAY YOURSELVES!!!
« Letzte Änderung: September 12, 2009, 01:28:51 Vormittag von waxlrose »