Autor Thema: Songs that have grown on you?  (Gelesen 5598 mal)

Horus-Nikopol

• Gast
Songs that have grown on you?
« am: August 15, 2009, 12:45:31 Vormittag »
Hey guys,

in recent days I've started listening to "Entering Eternity" again and again and I am totally amazed by how totally powerful and inspiring I find this song to be all of a sudden. This used to be one of the songs that I found - I mean I find almost all Falconer songs pretty awesome, but some are just less memorable, and for me this used to be one of those. But now I'm loving the living shit out of it. Which is great, isn't it? Having had something awesome around for all those years and out of nowhere you find an all new affection for it.

Has this happened to you? Have you had a Falconer song that you had not payed much attention to, suddenly become really awesome in your perception?

Looking forward to your replies and I figure this might be a way to bring back some life into the board!  :56:

Cheers

Horus

Kursch

• Gast
Re: Songs that have grown on you?
« Antwort #1 am: August 15, 2009, 11:54:59 Nachmittag »
Yep, it has happened to me...
I really hated the start of the "Substitutional World" song so I just pushed the forward botton when I listened the whole album in my mp3 player, but one day I decided to listen it all and well, I "fell in love" with the harmonic interlude of Mahias... Now is one of my favs... This actually shows how deep and powerful are the Falconer songs, that you have to listen them a couple of times before you can catch its true feeling...

Jophelerx

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: August 16, 2009, 03:59:31 Nachmittag »
Yeah, the same thing actually happened to me, with the same song as Horus-Nikopol, Entering Eternity.  Listening to it one night, and like, WHOA!!!  It is one of those songs that tends to grow on you.  Used to almost never listen to it.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: August 16, 2009, 06:36:19 Nachmittag »
I can't say this has happened to me as of yet.  At least, not with any of the Mathias material.  With the Kristoffer material, The Assailant grew on me.  The song still makes me giggle, but I don't track past it anymore.  The lyrics may be a tad goofy, but the music is still pretty cool. :)

Sol

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 21, 2009, 07:49:57 Nachmittag »
Yep!
Suddenly discovered Varvindar friska. Damn, that is soooooooooo romantic. Can't stop listeting to that.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Oktober 22, 2009, 02:52:54 Vormittag »
Sol!!!  Where have you been?

cuauhtle

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: November 17, 2009, 08:51:20 Vormittag »
Lament of a Minstrel.

Recently I have been listening to this song all the time.
The mesmerizing melody, rhythms, Mathias' beautiful vocals..
I have listened to this song for hundreds of times for 6 years and now I can tell I will listen till I die.

It erases the whole melancholy, sorrow-which I really need these days. It simply became my savior.

Recently I saw that music, never abandons you, in good times or in hard times. And I thought that I will never cease listening to Falconer's music, no matter what.

Thank you, Falconer, for making those heavenly pieces.

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: November 17, 2009, 10:23:34 Vormittag »

@cuauhtle

I'm right there with you man, I agree wholeheartedly!

Lament of a Minstrel was a song that I used to listen to during very emotionally intensive times years back.
The online nickname that I most often use and that I'm actually known of IS in fact "Minstrel". Well, at least I use that nickname in some Austrian or Viennese webcommunities and people know me by that name.
I love that song!

Falconer's music has accompanied me through difficult times indeed! That and the fact that I can listen to them at any time, no matter what kind of metal im actually into at that moment, makes them one of my all time most favourite bands. Stefan as a songwrite and Mathias as a singer really hit those nerves within this dumb austro-indian metalhead fellow here :P

So I want to join cuauhtle in thanking Falconer - everybody in the band, not just the mastermind and the singer - for their awesome work!
You are the best!

PS.: I even thanked them in the "Thanx" section of the booklet of the first CD me and my band have released ;)

waxlrose

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: November 26, 2009, 02:06:52 Vormittag »
What are the songs that have grown on me...ALL OF THEM! THIS BAND IS JUST TOO POWERFUL AND UNIQUE FOR ANYTHING ON THE TRUE-MUSIC KILLED AND EMPTY SCENE :bangersmiley: