Autor Thema: MITHOTYN Live video  (Gelesen 12994 mal)

Prab

• Gast
Re: MITHOTYN Live video
« Antwort #15 am: Dezember 15, 2009, 02:16:24 Nachmittag »

Whatever music means or whatever emotions it creates within the listener is completely individual.
Some of the dullest and repetitive electronic music creations, which would make me personally go crazy, could very well be the most beautiful sounds and bringer of joy for another person. Who are we to decide what's good for somebody else, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the enjoyment of art?! Isn't that always and simply a matter of taste? How can issues of taste be argued about? How can one taste or preference of music be better than any other? It simply won't get into my head.
I cannot stand the hyper blasphemic, hardcore misanthropic black metal bands neither. But I know some folks who really do, still we get a long very very well and we're on friendly terms, have beers together and party all night. Some people need some really grim energy from their music to balance out their attitude to life. If I'm stressed out and angry at the end of a day of hard work, then I won't run around and be in people's face, no, I simply put on my mp3 player and get a dose of Nile, Decapitated, Behemoth or whatever else and I'm fine. Music brings me balance! It's just a matter of mood and feeling.
The taste of music alone does not necessarily hint to what kind of person the listener is. Not in the slightest way.
It's always people who make decisions to do wrong or right. Music or their taste of music never does that for them.

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: Dezember 15, 2009, 02:43:36 Nachmittag »
Though your getting into a whole new discussion, I agree with you Prab. Having said that, I still feel that you are using your own perception of BM in your argument, defining it as having 'grim energy', I don't believe that to be an objective truth either. You're entitled to your opinion, of course. As am I and waxyrose. Still tastes differs from person to person and no one are completely alike, and that's a good thing.
Waxyrose may be partially right in in his dividing of people in the world, but terribly wrong in assuming that he should be part of the enlightend part.
There of course belong only I - and perhaps Chuck Schuldiner - for my taste in music is by far superior to any of yours!  :tup:
Despite all this, at least we all can agree that we like Falconer (at least some of their work - should we get into that one again??) and that's what we're here to discuss.

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: Dezember 15, 2009, 03:07:13 Nachmittag »

Yeah, I always have troubles staying objective :P That grim energy thing was my personal conception of the more "sinister" kinds of metal. You might feel that kind of music differently.
My point was actually just this - people get different things out of different styles of music, so there isn't any music that is worthier to be listend to.
It's always up to each and every individual. What's good for you isn't necessesarily good for me and vice versa. Still that doesn't make anyone of us a better or worse person :)
We all here like Falconer and want a new album and a world tour (Europe at least?) can we agree on that :P

waxlrose

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: Dezember 15, 2009, 05:20:54 Nachmittag »
Let's make it stay in subjective manner if we can't understand each other,... it's definitely not in my interest to start some kind of war because I have my own attitude about music and world and I'm maybe too direct in it. If we let it stay in subjective manner I personally think we can make a lot easier agreements in future discussions  and  continue with glorifying FALCONER!

Mijji

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: Dezember 15, 2009, 08:55:04 Nachmittag »
Interesting conversation going on here I see.

Anyways, "while editing the next Falconer clip"? New music video coming up..? :] Carnival Of Disgust is really cool, but the problem just is that it's your only music video.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: Dezember 15, 2009, 09:18:35 Nachmittag »
Mijji - they have some live videos. ;)

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: Dezember 16, 2009, 01:20:09 Vormittag »
Mijji - they have some live videos. ;)

Hey Angel, did you see any new ones online?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: Dezember 16, 2009, 05:48:47 Vormittag »
Rick hasn't seemed to upload anything new since the Mithotyn video that has caused such a stir recently.  The last upload prior to that was 5 months ago.

I'm pretty sure he can't always be bothering the guys with his camera.  :D  But I think there's something coming up, if the description that goes with the Mithotyn YouTube video is to be believed.

waxlrose

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: Dezember 16, 2009, 09:55:16 Nachmittag »
"Hey Angel what your situation" :bangersmiley: ;)
« Letzte Änderung: Dezember 16, 2009, 09:59:52 Nachmittag von waxlrose »

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: Januar 04, 2010, 07:39:13 Vormittag »
@ AngelOfMusic:
This is absolutely true. If nothing f*cks up the machinery I will upload several clips before mid February.

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: Januar 04, 2010, 01:45:07 Nachmittag »
@ AngelOfMusic:
This is absolutely true. If nothing f*cks up the machinery I will upload several clips before mid February.

Yeah, Rick back in the house :D Videoman show us your magic ;9

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: Januar 04, 2010, 06:45:39 Nachmittag »
@ AngelOfMusic:

I'm gonna sneak over to Sweden and plant a dead parrot in the machinery!   :lachen:

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: Januar 04, 2010, 07:10:06 Nachmittag »
 :icon_mrgreen: