Autor Thema: Scary...  (Gelesen 12349 mal)

shadowman

• Gast
Scary...
« am: Januar 04, 2005, 04:07:26 Nachmittag »
A friend send this link to me :
Find out what drugs can do to your body... :shock:

Now I do not want to be holier than the pope here but I only overdose on loud music and admiring women !
At least that is what my wife says... Hehehehehe...
Here's the link :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/fun/health/excess/drop.swf

Spooky !!

Jeanny

• Gast
Scary...
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 04, 2005, 07:54:36 Nachmittag »
I dont use anything of drugs,  they do not interest me, I dont need them for the fun or anything else. I know a person who is schizofreen , and sometimes he uses weed and then he is going out  of his mind, and wil  shout that he is gonna murder everyone in the street. :shock: So my life is not boring, and fun enought without drugs :D

This Dying Soul

• Gast
Scary...
« Antwort #2 am: Januar 04, 2005, 08:43:31 Nachmittag »
cool site.. isnt really informative unless your in the third grade but hey its a start.....

and my view of drugs.. there for usless people who cant get a date, dont have a life, and could give two shits less about this world. because by them doing it promotes it to children.....

nope, dont do drugs. dont drink either.. but with alcohal that is something different. if ya drink and can handle it you are a better person then me... because I couldnt handle it and is why i am a recovering alcohalic..........

Mas

• Gast
Scary...
« Antwort #3 am: Januar 04, 2005, 08:49:01 Nachmittag »
i smoke sometimes weed, not that much, i smoke cigarets too and i think they are more bad than the purple hazle i sometimes smoke.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Scary...
« Antwort #4 am: Januar 05, 2005, 04:53:52 Vormittag »
I'm not a fan of the drugs.  And I drink!  Of course, I didn't drink until I was of legal age (I must be one of the very few people to ever do so) so now I'm pretty much clueless.  I'm slowly learning my limit, and hopefully I haven't done too much damage to my poor think-box.

Though it's true that alcohol makes you pee alot.  Once you break the seal, it's all over!

The Metal RN

• Gast
Scary...
« Antwort #5 am: Januar 05, 2005, 01:51:57 Nachmittag »
I find it really intersting that most people do not see alcohol as a drug, is it because it is "legal"? It is as dangerous or even more so because it is readily available. It is the cause of more deaths than all those others combined!!!!! By far!!!
As I have gotten older my view of substances has changed, I have been an athlete all my life and would never have put anything into this body that would damage my chances at sports. I never had a drink till I got married (ok fire away on that one :D  ). But what really needs to be the key, I think, is responsibility, and the only caveat to that is that a lot of these substances have a high chance to alter your judgement.

Mas

• Gast
Scary...
« Antwort #6 am: Januar 05, 2005, 04:38:26 Nachmittag »
yeah alcohol is a drugs, when you cant stop with someting and you cant live without it its a drugs.
cigarets, alcohol, weed, even aspirine can be a drugs for people. all this things we can buy in a shop, so simpel is it.

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Scary...
« Antwort #7 am: Januar 05, 2005, 05:14:20 Nachmittag »
Yes, alcohol, cigarettes, even coffee and caffinated cola drinks (I HATE to see parents giving Coca-Cola to 2 year olds, especially when they then scream about their hyperactive child)  are all drugs.

I flip-flop on this one. Being as I grew up in the 70s and experimentation was all around I don't see anything wrong with the responsible recreational use of drugs. Although personally, of all recreational drugs, I only use alcohol and caffine on a very limited basis. In a perfect world I think all use should be legal.  Crime surrounding the trade would greatly be reduced.
HOWEVER --
-They aren't legal and I don't believe in breaking the law. And If you do get caught and convicted the implications for the rest of your life are horrific, ie. you can't get certain jobs with a drug conviction on your record, your home can be seized if the substance is found in it, etc.
-As to responsible use....Is there resposible use of something that can case irresponsible behavior? If you look at alcohol to gage and extrapolate behavior then I am not sure it can be achieved.
-Besides, people pop over-the-counter drugs with no thought or care to the side effects on the body so why would they even consider the side effects of these fun chemicals that they put into their body. (which was illustrated in Shadow's link )
-Or considering their ability to only use them recreationally without chance of  physical or psychological addiction.
I sometimes think it may be better to save people from themselves.

Jeanny

• Gast
Scary...
« Antwort #8 am: Januar 05, 2005, 05:14:39 Nachmittag »
Cigarets are the kind of drug for me, I know its bad, but I'm addicted  to cigarettes.. :oops:

shadowman

• Gast
Scary...
« Antwort #9 am: Januar 07, 2005, 11:44:27 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"
Yes, alcohol, cigarettes, even coffee and caffinated cola drinks (I HATE to see parents giving Coca-Cola to 2 year olds, especially when they then scream about their hyperactive child)  are all drugs.

I flip-flop on this one. Being as I grew up in the 70s and experimentation was all around I don't see anything wrong with the responsible recreational use of drugs. Although personally, of all recreational drugs, I only use alcohol and caffine on a very limited basis. In a perfect world I think all use should be legal.  Crime surrounding the trade would greatly be reduced.
HOWEVER --
-They aren't legal and I don't believe in breaking the law. And If you do get caught and convicted the implications for the rest of your life are horrific, ie. you can't get certain jobs with a drug conviction on your record, your home can be seized if the substance is found in it, etc.
-As to responsible use....Is there resposible use of something that can case irresponsible behavior? If you look at alcohol to gage and extrapolate behavior then I am not sure it can be achieved.
-Besides, people pop over-the-counter drugs with no thought or care to the side effects on the body so why would they even consider the side effects of these fun chemicals that they put into their body. (which was illustrated in Shadow's link )
-Or considering their ability to only use them recreationally without chance of  physical or psychological addiction.
I sometimes think it may be better to save people from themselves.

A really accurate description there Metal Maiden, I am with you on this one...
I believe the American laws about drugabuse are very strict if I am not mistaken ?
Just the other day I heard that Belgium, although being a very small country is a megaproducer of the party drug XTC...  :cry:
As I said before, I have never done drugs in any way and I hope I can keep my daughters on the right side of the track as well...
Guess a lot depends on the so called 'wrong' friends right ?
 :roll:

Souleraser

• Gast
Scary...
« Antwort #10 am: Januar 08, 2005, 12:04:01 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "shadowman"

From the personal experience: Perhaps a bit. I think what is way more important is to teach your kids self-consciousness. If your kids have the inner strength to say "No", things are easier if there are those wrong friends around.
Kids should know that no kind of drugs can provide a shelter or protection against problems. Kids should know that people who do drugs are hardly friends to rely on in sticky situations.
Kids should know there's nothing cool about drugs - except refusing to take them.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Scary...
« Antwort #11 am: Januar 08, 2005, 12:17:52 Vormittag »
Zitat
Kids should know there's nothing cool about drugs - except refusing to take them.

Very well said!
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Scary...
« Antwort #12 am: Januar 08, 2005, 03:33:15 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AoP"

From the personal experience: Perhaps a bit. I think what is way more important is to teach your kids self-consciousness. If your kids have the inner strength to say "No", things are easier if there are those wrong friends around.
Kids should know that no kind of drugs can provide a shelter or protection against problems. Kids should know that people who do drugs are hardly friends to rely on in sticky situations.

Letting them know your expectations  for them and not being afraid to set limits is also an important factor.

And remember that pre-teens and teenagers need you around, and your guidance, just as much, if not more, than younger kids.

Modeling the proper behavior is important too.

Too many parents here, who were growing up themselves in the 70s & 80s were afraid to  set limits and no-drug-use expectations for their kids because they had been users themselves during their  own teen years and somehow felt they didn't have a right, or  where afarid their own use would be brought up and they'd be seen as  hypocrites by their kids, or whatever reasons, I don't know why, but -- it has had disasterous results.
And many seem to think that by 15, 16 kids are grow and don't need looking after any more. Bad idea!

I managed to raise 2 drug-free kids to adulthood.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Scary...
« Antwort #13 am: Januar 09, 2005, 07:34:25 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"
Zitat von: "AoP"

Letting them know your expectations  for them and not being afraid to set limits is also an important factor.

And remember that pre-teens and teenagers need you around, and your guidance, just as much, if not more, than younger kids.

Modeling the proper behavior is important too.

Too many parents here, who were growing up themselves in the 70s & 80s were afraid to  set limits and no-drug-use expectations for their kids because they had been users themselves during their  own teen years and somehow felt they didn't have a right, or  where afarid their own use would be brought up and they'd be seen as  hypocrites by their kids, or whatever reasons, I don't know why, but -- it has had disasterous results.
And many seem to think that by 15, 16 kids are grow and don't need looking after any more. Bad idea!

I managed to raise 2 drug-free kids to adulthood.

I agree 100%  My parents were an excellent example of "practice what you preach."   They set clear boundaries, but didn't keep me on too tight a leash.

I didn't drink hardly at all (wine on occasion with my parents) until I turned 21.  Why?  Because my parents didn't drink like idiots, nor did they treat alcohol as if it were the most evil substence on Earth.  If I wanted to try a sip of what they were drinking, they let me.  Honestly, because I COULD have it, and I was given enough trust that I wouldn't be stupid, I didn't drink as a minor.

Niether of my parents smokes.  On occasion I'd see my dad with a cigar, but I had no interest in them.  I did try smoking once when I was 13, and every now and then during high school I'd bum a drag off of a friend's cigarette, but for the most part I didn't smoke, nor did I care to take it up.

As for illicit drugs, I simply always thought they were stupid.  So did my Mom.  My dad was a poliece officer, so he did alot of anti-drug work.  They were both young people during the 60's, and didn't get into the "Sex and drugs" phenomenon.  In fact, my dad thought it was idiotic, and my mom saw no point to it.

I got lucky, with awesome parents. :)

The Metal RN

• Gast
Scary...
« Antwort #14 am: Januar 09, 2005, 05:38:51 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"

I didn't drink hardly at all (wine on occasion with my parents) until I turned 21.  Why?  Because my parents didn't drink like idiots, nor did they treat alcohol as if it were the most evil substence on Earth.  If I wanted to try a sip of what they were drinking, they let me.  Honestly, because I COULD have it, and I was given enough trust that I wouldn't be stupid, I didn't drink as a minor.

I got lucky, with awesome parents. :)

That is a prime example of showing how to responsibly enjoy alcohol, that also takes most of the "rebellion" out of it for teenagers. Modeling is a very important teaching tool.