Autor Thema: Metal karaoke at ProgPower USA XII!  (Gelesen 5735 mal)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Metal karaoke at ProgPower USA XII!
« am: September 20, 2011, 05:20:53 Vormittag »
Your AngelOfMusic done gone and sung herself a song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXZ1ASRfitg

Some things to know:
- The karaoke DJ had equipment that SUPPOSEDLY lowered the vocals in the mix on any given CD.  Which means you could hand the guy a CD of your choice (Falconer, HammerFall, Emperor, Nightwish, etc...) and he could lower the vocals so that it sounded close enough to an instrumental karaoke track.  I couldn't hear a thing while on stage.  However, Mathias' vocals are clearly audible on the video, so apparently the DJ's equipment did NOT lower the vocals in the mix for those standing in the audience.

- I have nitpicked the f*ck out of this video, and have found a lot wrong with it.  I'm also not pleased at my very visible weight gain.  Amongst other things.  I'll avoid pointing out the things that bother me about my performance, both vocally and physically in case they are flaws only caught by myself.  I don't want to go giving you stuff to find wrong with it.  Any glaringly obvious faults will be seen by all.  I don't need to go pointing out more.  But the point is, *I* know what's wrong with it, and it irks me.  Hopefully you all like it more than I do at this point.

- I had fun!

Disconouny

• Gast
Re: Metal karaoke at ProgPower USA XII!
« Antwort #1 am: September 21, 2011, 03:35:34 Vormittag »
Wouah nice!!!

Just be proud of yourself that you did it.. wow, I couldn't even come in front of everyone and grab the mike!!!! I'd run away or cry on the floor! :)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: September 21, 2011, 05:19:26 Vormittag »
Wouah nice!!!

Just be proud of yourself that you did it.. wow, I couldn't even come in front of everyone and grab the mike!!!! I'd run away or cry on the floor! :)

I used to be pretty nervous about doing karaoke, but now...not so much.  I go to karaoke fairly often when I'm at home, so doing karaoke in Atlanta for ProgPower wasn't much different.  Other than being able to do actual metal, that is. :D

Here's the 20 seconds (or so) of HammerFall's Hearts on Fire that I did, too.  Complete with backup singers! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOEfLV5bMtk

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: September 21, 2011, 10:16:47 Nachmittag »
Go Angel go! \m/
I would've cheered and headbanged a long with you dear :)
Good job! Keep rockin! \m/

cynic73

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: September 29, 2011, 07:12:08 Nachmittag »
I totally agree with Disconouny and Prab - well done Joan!!  :bangersmiley: