Autor Thema: *_*_*_*Your TATTOO!!!!*_*_*_*_*  (Gelesen 49724 mal)

dorian jane

• Gast
*_*_*_*Your TATTOO!!!!*_*_*_*_*
« Antwort #60 am: Mai 15, 2005, 10:09:14 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "The Metal RN"
Truly, I think I like the pain too :shock:

Yeah   8)  it's like no other ...i think that knowing you're getting a permanent jewel on your body changes pain into mere anticipation.   *are we done yet? can i see it?*etc etc

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #61 am: Mai 31, 2005, 09:11:52 Nachmittag »
I'm getting a tattoo, yeah, I'm getting ink done...  :P

Next week friday will see me under the needles for the first time... Fixed the date today, a little nervous already.  :shock:

The b/w tattoo will cover most of my right upper arm and will be done in at least two sessions. For the first session the outlines are planned to be done. This will take about 3-4 hours. Shadings will follow later on. Whoohoooo, can't wait!! But next week friday was the first possible date. *sigh*  :roll:

Will let you know as soon as there is something to see. ;)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #62 am: Mai 31, 2005, 09:32:12 Nachmittag »
You're crazy![tm]

What does that wife-to-be of yours think about your plan?
"Most of" the upper right arm... you must be crazy:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Just if I couldn't make myself clear:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
I'm shocked.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #63 am: Mai 31, 2005, 11:05:42 Nachmittag »
That wife-to-be of mine *giggle* is looking forward to it as well. Beside that she would always state her opinion, but never try to influence my decisions. We're open and honest to each other, speak our thoughts and minds, but never influence the freedom of one another (hm, hope it's getting clear what I'm trying to say ;) ).

I have been thinking and dreaming of a tattoo (or two, or so... ;) ) for years already. Now the time and situation has come I can make it come true. The first one will be no special image or so but kind of a tribal. I decided to put this one before the major plan of a symbolic picture I thought of just today. Start with an "easy" one (gotta be very confident and sure it will come out perfect for the other one) for now. ;)

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #64 am: Mai 31, 2005, 11:13:25 Nachmittag »
*lol*
Well, whatever suits you :)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #65 am: Mai 31, 2005, 11:16:55 Nachmittag »
Hm, everytime she says something like THAT, it more or less means something bad... ;)

But luckily she likes the idea anyway, hehe. She's got a little tattoo on her lower neck as well, by the way.  :P

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #66 am: Mai 31, 2005, 11:47:48 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Odin"

Next week friday will see me under the needles for the first time... Fixed the date today, a little nervous already.  :shock:

Way to go Odin!! *thumbs up*
Don't be nervous..you're gonna love every minute of the four hours  :twisted: hahaha..

Zitat
Will let you know as soon as there is something to see. ;)

Waiting anxiously  :wink:

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #67 am: Mai 31, 2005, 11:48:18 Nachmittag »
There's still a slight difference between "covering most of the upper right arm" and "a small tattoo in the lower neck".
Why don't you try something nice and small first?

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #68 am: Juni 01, 2005, 12:06:31 Vormittag »
Why should I? On saturday Sarah drew some outlines of a tribal on the area to be covered by the tattoo and I really loved the feeling of having something in my view there all the time (just an example and proof for myself ;) ).

And I am longing for something like that for so long already...

@Dorian Jane: I hope so! And I hope I will love the other hours for the shading etc. as well, haha...

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #69 am: Juni 01, 2005, 12:11:42 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Odin"

And I am longing for something like that for so long already...

8)  There's no way you'll regret it then.

Zitat
@Dorian Jane: I hope so! And I hope I will love the other hours for the shading etc. as well, haha...

These will be the most difficult..not so much because of the pain..you really have to be patient  :wink: i somehow feel you'll be  :)

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #70 am: Juni 01, 2005, 06:53:46 Vormittag »
Heavy anticipation in the air! I can almost smell it :D

A good tattoo is a nice thing to have, I bet.

Still, right now I'm unpierced and untattoed and actually considered staying that way.
BUT... of course I've also had times when I thought about these things.
A tattoo would be interesting, but it would take a really good motive to get me want to have it.
I'd like to design one but my drawing abilities are kinda poor. But I got some ideas.

I'd like to have something symbolic, with some (hidden?) meaning.
Maybe something written in Sanscrit (indian influence) combined with some celtic symbols (european influence) or something.
It's kinda hard to come up with something satisfying.
That's why this topic is just a "vague possibility" for me :)

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #71 am: Juni 01, 2005, 07:53:06 Vormittag »
Hehehe...
Prabs talk of various "symbols" immediately reminded me of this blog:
http://www.hanzismatter.com/

which I know thanks to Tex.

It's so funny to read along the stories of people who thought they had something like "Eternal love" or "Power, Strength, Influence" tattoed, while in fact they only serve as free ad sign for "Chicken sweet-and-sour" or will forever be branded as "stupid foreigner".

In an earlier post (around late april if I'm not completely mistaken) that guy wrote something like "If you're not absolutely sure what a certain sign means in a foreign language, why don't you just have the words you wanted written in your own language and signs?"

And @Odin, one last remark: I ask for everyones forgiveness for these words which will without a doubt sound harsh but come straight from the heart: Tattoos in that size and at that particular location might fit certain people with certain levels of education and certain kinds of jobs. I know some of those from the days back at work and I almost liked them more than any other people I ever had to work with and yes, both of them were metalheads. But they were neither well-educated nor did they work in good jobs nor did they have much of a perspective. They both were (very) hard working and honest people (the best in that particular part of the company, the best of a group of about 16).
Call me square, but in my narrow mind it's just something that doesn't fit.

But as said earlier: What ever suits you. I'm not the person to stand between people and their peace of mind.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #72 am: Juni 01, 2005, 09:21:15 Vormittag »
Hey AoP, I know what you mean. :)

But I am absolutely against stereotypes and prejudices. Still I'll try to have the tat places in a way it can be covered by a t-shirt. "Most of the upper arm" means it starts high up and goes down to about the half of the upper arm, so it's placed from the shoulder to a part of the side of the bizeps or something... you will see. ;)

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #73 am: Juni 01, 2005, 10:03:02 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "AoP"

And @Odin, one last remark: I ask for everyones forgiveness for these words which will without a doubt sound harsh but come straight from the heart: Tattoos in that size and at that particular location might fit certain people with certain levels of education and certain kinds of jobs. I know some of those from the days back at work and I almost liked them more than any other people I ever had to work with and yes, both of them were metalheads. But they were neither well-educated nor did they work in good jobs nor did they have much of a perspective. They both were (very) hard working and honest people (the best in that particular part of the company, the best of a group of about 16).
Call me square, but in my narrow mind it's just something that doesn't fit.

Yeah but things might change, right? :) I mean, 50 years ago women wear Jeans. 20 years ago, if you had a piercing or a tattoo, people thought of you as junk and were afraid of you. I don't say that it is a lot different these adays, but it might change ;) But what changes need, is some one to push them...

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #74 am: Juni 01, 2005, 12:07:59 Nachmittag »
Yeah but that is a stereotype/perception that is hard to change. To present all of my tattoos are able to be hidden by clothes while at work.I would love to have a sleeve done, but for now I am looking at getting some more on my back. It is an unfortunate reality of working. So much of  business is done with first impressions in mind. I am not saying that is right, just an inevitability.

Having said that, All right Odin, welcome to the ranks!!! If you have thought about it for a while, trust in your jugdement. (Don't listen to that square :P  :wink: hehe) Looking forward to seeing it.