Autor Thema: *_*_*_*Your TATTOO!!!!*_*_*_*_*  (Gelesen 49768 mal)

dorian jane

• Gast
*_*_*_*Your TATTOO!!!!*_*_*_*_*
« Antwort #75 am: Juni 01, 2005, 05:39:49 Nachmittag »
I just want to add something here.Tattoos aren't made for others to see.They are not meant for such a reason. We don't want to show off by having them.We just love having them  :wink:

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #76 am: Juni 01, 2005, 08:10:08 Nachmittag »
I can't believe in this day and age that  people are being judged and stereotyped by their wearing of tattoos. Maybe it is just because they are so popular here in the US. Everyone has them from musicians (Rapper and Metallers and all in between) and athlete to college kids and middle aged conservatives, male and female. Even grandmas are getting tattooed!  These days to make a statement and be different  you choose NOT to get a tattoo. But maybe things are different in other places. There are also those who don't get them because they are forbidden by their religion.

As to tattoos being private...Hmmm, well some are and some aren't.  I mean traditionally they were a sign of rank or honor or attainment of manhood etc. and were meant to be seen. Mine are symbolic and personal but also convey a message about who I am as well as being self adornment. I can conceal them if I choose or let them be seen.  I've had the butterfly on the top of my foot for 30 years, its me, and I still love it. (and I love the summer when I can go around barefoot with my little butterfly out for all the world to see.) I find work like our own Karl's (Infernal Vengeance) for example very atractive and beautiful. However I am really disgusted and turned off by Travis Barker's (Blink 182) tattoos.

Of course I really like body adornment and am in awe  of many tribal  traditions. I find facial scarification really beautiful though I would never do something like that as it isn't culturally accepted here and I really don't want to live outside of society (Have you heard about the guy who is trying to grow horns? I don't think he'll be waiting on you at the bank anytime soon :lol: ) And there is a big difference between choosing to do it and being held down and having it forced upon you with a dull, rusty knife.

Then there is also that whole psychological pain thing that revolves around this as well. Finding that  Zen place and letting the endorphins flood your being .....I don't think you'll find me  hanging from hooks anytime soon (although as someone who has done meditation for over 30 years now I am curious) or getting branded.

I do caution young people to consider placement before they get one. At 18 it may seem like having "Fuck You" on you knuckles is a good idea because you can't  see yourself yet as  a professional working person out in the world. Of course I told that to my own son and so where did he put them? the inside of his lower arms. He already been forced to wear long sleeved shirts at work to conform to dress codes at jobs. Personally I didn't think that is right but that is the way the world works and after all, there are consequences to all of our choices!!

Odin, you are old enough and wise enough to know what you want. And seeing as you have thought about it and wanted it for a long time I am sure you will not regret it. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #77 am: Juni 01, 2005, 11:55:14 Nachmittag »
I guess what i wanted to say didn't came out as i meant it. (I knew i should have used more words!!)
If i want to get a tat , i'll get it no matter what other people say or may react about it.
I didn't care when i was 17 when i had my first tat and at that time there was a general notion in Greece that only prisoners or sailors had tattoos (considering the way they were made). :shock:
I guess i was ahead of my time.I regarded tats with a completely different perspective. And i still do. (I had to deal with my students and my students' parents with the tat on my arm-they noticed it ofcourse asked some questions, maybe hated it but still never damaged neither my work ,nor my image).
And the size doesn't matter either. Some people like big tats some like small ones.It really doesn't make any difference to me. I just wanted to point out that by having one (or more) you just do it for yrself, cause YOU like it,want it there ON YOUR skin.You don't do it for others to see, or to prove/show/state that you are something that others are not.I too enjoy summer time, the only time of the year in which my tat is exposed for others to see.
But i wouldn't care less if they ever did at all.And byt that i hope that i've made myself more clear now.
P.S.: Years went by and tats became a fashion in Greece..haha imagine that?

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #78 am: Juni 02, 2005, 12:15:55 Vormittag »
@ Dorian Jane - I got your meaning :)  I hope you didn't think I was singling you out. I was just commenting in general.  I agree that we get them for ourselves, for personal reasons, not for others.

PS I'm always ahead of the times. By the time something becomes popular I'm off on something else :wink:

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #79 am: Juni 02, 2005, 12:30:46 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"
@ Dorian Jane - I got your meaning :)  I hope you didn't think I was singling you out. I was just commenting in general.  I agree that we get them for ourselves, for personal reasons, not for others.

PS I'm always ahead of the times. By the time it becomes popular I'm off on something else :wink:

Phew, for a minute there i thought i was mumbling.. :)
I think i know exactly what you mean :wink:  8)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #80 am: Juni 12, 2005, 10:32:43 Vormittag »
Well, I stayed hard and sticked to my wish. The first part is done and looks f*cking great! 8)

Update taken from http://blog.bleeding4metal.de/2005/06/12/bloooood-everywhere-bloooood/

Bloooood, everywhere bloooood!

Sorry for the delayed update, but I spent the last two nights and the whole day with my girlfriend. This will be a short update on the tattoo thing as we are going to a breakfast buffet with some friends at 12 o’clock already.

The first session lastet 3 hours. After the first hour the outlines where finished (surprisingly quick for me, but there was more to follow as you can see…). The first hits by the needles where… ouch. I knew it would hurt, of course, and I did not expect it to be harmless, but experiencing the actual needles was special still. Especially the loooooong outer lines did made me think “oh, fuck….” and gave me the taste of blood in my mouth. And it stayed hard, but I got used to it and did not whinge, haha.

First break after the outlines were finished. After a while tiny drops of blood appeared out of all the needle holes on the lines. A pity I did not have the camera with me for that was a really cool image.

Filling out the black areas followed (outlines and inner background) and took the next two hours with another break in between. The best feeling was coming home and removing the blood soaked foils. After doing so the arm could relax a lot and I felt very comfortable and happy. Looks great so far! No pics for the public, yet, because it is not finished yet! The shadings are dated in two weeks, Friday 24th.

Healing goes surprisingly well and quick, looks really good. Can’t wait to get it finished. :)

To get a rough impression of size and position, I might post a blurred pic later on, we will see. For now: It’s about 23 centimeters in height and roughly 20 centimeters in width at the cross part (the overall basic form is a cross).

To sum it up: It’s a real challenge to get it done, but it’s worth every needle. :)

Stay tuned!
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #81 am: Juni 12, 2005, 10:36:04 Vormittag »
:) I'll be waiting patiently  :wink:

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #82 am: Juni 29, 2005, 11:53:03 Nachmittag »
Odin.................wanna see the tattoo!!!! I got a new tattoo again as well!  :D

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #83 am: Juni 30, 2005, 12:46:11 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Mas"
I got a new tattoo again as well!  :D

Well girl, let us see!!!!!   :P

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #84 am: Juni 30, 2005, 01:37:54 Vormittag »
yeah i wanna show the tattoo but i cant get my webcam online, i try to fix the thing tomorow  :D

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #85 am: Juni 30, 2005, 02:01:43 Vormittag »
ok webcam is fixed ........ :ass: and next week i gonna buy a real camera.. digital or someting?

its a shitty picture but as you can see a little bit its a serpent  :D

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #86 am: Juni 30, 2005, 02:20:39 Vormittag »
Yes, I can make it out. Nice tat Mas.!How big is it....how far down your arm? How long did it take?

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #87 am: Juni 30, 2005, 02:26:36 Vormittag »
Thanks Metalmaiden  :D , well its a little bit bigger then the dragon tattoo, i think 15cm or someting, i think in 40 minutes it finished, there are purple and green colors in, but not that much colors, just a little bit.

but its not done, the dragon at my other arm i want flames above the dragon over my shoulders...... so i am still not finished.
 :wink:

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #88 am: Juni 30, 2005, 02:31:38 Vormittag »
I'll just wait to see it in a better picture  :wink:

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #89 am: Juni 30, 2005, 03:24:52 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Mas"
..... so i am still not finished.  :wink:

LOL once you start with tattoos it seems you never are finished.