Autor Thema: "ARMOD" what do YOU think Falconites?  (Gelesen 14966 mal)

Prab

• Gast
"ARMOD" what do YOU think Falconites?
« am: Juni 09, 2011, 07:05:18 Nachmittag »
Hey fellow Falconites!

Let this be your outlet for thoughts about the new album of FALCONER called "Armod".

I'll go first (by saying I'm drunk on beer (Ottakringer \m/) and Jack Daniels Coke :P):

OMG OMG OMG OMG!
Yah, I know, this is childish and very geeky, but OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!
This is just so overwhelming! I don't know what to say...
Many moving and emotional things have happened lately in my life and the music of Falconer accompanies it AGAIN!
It's been like that the last nine years (I'm a Falconite since 2002). Simply unbelievable.
I'm playing the album on full volume right now! And you know what?
As soon as Mathias started it was like "This is it. I know it. It is musical elysium!" and right now I'm enjoying all the rest of it.
I'm firing on all cylinders in all the social networks I'm in. Most of the metalheads here in Vienna know me for being Falconite!
I'm in a band too, Harmanic, my sanctuary, we play Death/Thrash. My dream is to one day do a Falconer cover.
In our first year of the band I only wore FALCONER shirts to ALL our live gigs! People started to ask me. I recommended the band and
told them to listen. They listened. Some of them were hooked!
And these tunes I'm hearing right now, they remind me, let me feel again what it was that motivated me, inspired me to make and enjoy metal.

Guys, this isn't gonna be a very structured and exact review of the album! This is just a pure emotional reaction online to a
very very impressive and strong metal album of a band that deserves to be heard throught the world and all the realms of existence!
People KNOW Falconer! They might seem as an underground rumour at first but to be honest, I've met so many hardcore and not so
hardcore metalheads that actually KNOW Falconer. And LIKE Falconer! There are even some folks that I hardly ever see, DJs at metal bars, who
I only know through our shared appreciation of FALCONER. Everytime I show up at a time they do the DJ job at those clubs, they simply
put in a Falconer song, turn up the volume, let it blast through the room and bang their heads together with me.

Okay, I think this is enough text to show you all that this album has it's impact! LISTEN to it! It's epic, heavy, very heavy, movingly melodic,
beautifully recorded, arranged and most of all composed!

Stefan, Mathias, Karsten, Jimmy, Magnus - THANK YOU for making your style of music! Thank you for inspiring us metal fans and musicians!
Right now "O, trysta ensamhet" is playing again and I feel my body ejecting tears into my eyes.. well.. fucking alcohol taking control XD

Falconites! Be proud to be part of the following of this magnificent band of musicians who fill our hearts with musical joy!

Rejoice! Falconer is BACK and with their tunes we shall celebrate life and heavy metal!!!

Yours truly
Prab

cynic73

• Gast
Re: "ARMOD" what do YOU think Falconites?
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 09, 2011, 07:22:16 Nachmittag »
Wow, getting goose bumps just by reading about your thoughts and feelings for the album! I ordered it today, can't wait to listen to it! As of now, I've only heard "Svarta Änkan", but this will probably be my new favourite Falconer album!  :icon_biggrin:

Arkuda

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Juni 10, 2011, 11:27:38 Vormittag »
I am so looking forward to it :D
When I've first heard Falconer's songs I've only heard songs in English, But later on I managed to order CDs of all the albums with bonus tracks and I literally fell in love with Swedish language and Falconer's Swedish songs :D I've even started studying Swedish :P

Best Regards from Russia. Can't wait for their new album.

Avricha

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Juni 10, 2011, 10:38:37 Nachmittag »
I feel the same as you, Prab. I was really blown away, I've listened to Armod again and again, it's really amazing. The tunes went straight to me ear and to my heart as well. If music touches my heart, maybe sounds silly, too, but that's everything I need :)
Definitely one of my top favourite Falconer albums. Which are your favourite songs?

Also, I think it's really cool that you're spreading the Falconer addiction, they deserve so much more attention!
And yes, great music can be such a big inspiration.

cynic73

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Juni 14, 2011, 04:37:00 Nachmittag »
Got my copy today! It's bloody awesome!!!!  :bangersmiley:

Golfcourt

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Juni 14, 2011, 10:58:06 Nachmittag »
I think that this is the best album so far this year. It is just awesome!

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Juni 18, 2011, 01:01:35 Vormittag »
I have listened to the album many times now, but it still havent blown me away like it seams to have done with some others here. I think its a great album, sure, but i will probably not deem the best one they have ever made. Of course, I may change my mind after some more hours with it, maybe it has to grow on me a little. I hope it will.

tip

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Juni 22, 2011, 03:14:06 Nachmittag »
The album still rocks harder every day.
I'm really having a hard time singing along, but Mattias somehow sounds even better singing in swedish IMO.
At least I prefer the regular songs to the bonus versions.

The style overall is awesome as well, really heavy but melodic and colourful as well.
I doubt it's getting boring anytime soon.

My favourite so far would be "Herr Peder och hans Syster". I love the alterated fifth together with the melodic minor in Mattias little melody in the beginning.
Sounds really awesome, I didn't hear that a lot before...
And I love that single drum beat punching right into the break on 4. I could bath in that!!  :icon_lol:
Further a friend of mine found out that Mattias is singing "Un dann hässde ens  glück" couple of times (around 02:06 first time).
Which would mean ~ "And then you have luck for once" in our local dialect.  :pillepalle:
Of course it's nonesense, but it's fun somehow anyway...  :icon_lol:

But anyway, the whole albom kicks major ass!!  :bangersmiley:
I could listen to it over and over again, what I actually do quite often to be honest...

cynic73

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Juni 22, 2011, 04:47:14 Nachmittag »
Further a friend of mine found out that Mattias is singing "Un dann hässde ens  glück" couple of times (around 02:06 first time).
Which would mean ~ "And then you have luck for once" in our local dialect.  :pillepalle:
Of course it's nonesense, but it's fun somehow anyway...

I agree with many things you write tip! "Herr Peder och hans syster" is one of my favourites as well! But I think "Un dann hässde ens glück" sounds pretty far from what Mathias is actually singing: "Under höstsolens glöd". Anyway, sorry for whining! The album is amazing!!  :bangersmiley:

tip

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Juni 22, 2011, 05:45:39 Nachmittag »
Well, I'm not good a writing dialect.
We're pretty flexible anyway when it comes to pronounciation over here...  :icon_lol:

But maybe it's just what my brain wants me to hear.  :biggrin:

cynic73

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Juni 23, 2011, 08:30:15 Nachmittag »
Haha, I hear you! My brain tends to do that to me too!  :icon_mrgreen:

smokedgouda

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: Juni 23, 2011, 11:57:18 Nachmittag »
I like Armod a lot.  It's a little less catchy and more complex than, say, Falconer/Northwind/Beggars.  I like the fact they stuck with Swedish and changed it up a little bit.  Even though I don't understand a thing they're saying it's still a little different than the English-only you see from every other band.

waxlrose

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Juli 12, 2011, 09:47:53 Nachmittag »
After longer time of absence, greetings to everyone and congratulations to Stefan and the crew on their newest work. I'd say it's a lot more progressive sound & approach with less melodic power metal elements in general, and folk-Falconer-like freedom. It's obvious that Stefan wanted new expression, outside of the box in approaching to more rawer, Swedish medieval folk sound & influence and I respect that, I just hope that the next work will be progression of ABAT, debut, Clarion Call etc. not just Swedish medieval prog folk concept mainly. Overall my rate is 7/10, good luck and I hope you guys will appear live in front of your fans.

mt

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: August 14, 2011, 01:02:59 Vormittag »
IMO, ARMOD is the best album so far (excepting maybe, only debut one).
It looks like in Armod band keeps getting rid of plain power metal (as it started in Among Beggars...) towards experiments. It's great!
Just-Another-one-power-metal-crap is no good. Falconer is extremely unique with melody, folk motives, hard Mithotyn-like riffs and of course the voice of Mattias. Just not to forget that unique debut album was an experiment itself (and very successful one).
Talking about mixing very melodic things and extreme metal, IMO the beginning of "Pale light of silver moon" and the blast beats in Griftefrid are great and may be considered as a successful starting point of future experiments.
I also liked some organ music inside the album.
Guys, please keep up with folk and Mithotyn influence!
Armod is really very-very good!

The only thing as great as Armod, IMO is debut Wintersun album. It really shown that extreme hard riffs could be even more powerful when mixed with folk.
I hope Falconer band will notice these points and keep experimenting in their extremely melodic and powerful way.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: September 19, 2011, 03:31:18 Nachmittag »
I got the album on my birthday.  It's fucking awesome. :)  A friend of mine who was in the car when the boyfriend and I played the album said "Jimmy can fucking play."  :D