Autor Thema: Euthanasia  (Gelesen 9112 mal)

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Euthanasia
« Antwort #15 am: Januar 07, 2005, 02:50:30 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"
I don't pay much attention to international events as covered by the US news (When our news stations actually show international affairs...it's very rare.)  After getting a taste of the BBC World News when I was in London, I feel very deprived.

I would agree with you on this one. Even CNN World shown in Europe was more in formative and factual than the CNN seen in the USA. I have Satelite TV and am able to watch BBC World and that's generally my first source here at home.

Zitat
I would support it in certain cases, and as long as the doctor wasn't doing it to gain attention and try and defy authority, like I believe Dr. Kevorkian was doing.  I really don't think that man had the patients' best interest in mind.  I think he was serving only himself.

I am not all that sure what Dr Kevorkian's motives were but you must give credit to him for the fact that it brought the issue to the forefront and created a national discussion that lasted for several years.

Souleraser

• Gast
Euthanasia
« Antwort #16 am: Januar 07, 2005, 03:12:24 Nachmittag »
Dangerous and sticky topic.

I'm a firm believer in the right of self-determination, therefore I sure believe a person should have the right to chose time, date and occasion of his or death. And I believe parents should have the right do decide if a child or baby really has to suffer being kept alive by machines for months or years - and the other way round of course also.

Though especially the last one is difficult because financial issues could matter.

A really dangerous topic but I believe politicians should deal with it soon.

Jeanny

• Gast
Euthanasia
« Antwort #17 am: Januar 07, 2005, 05:17:16 Nachmittag »
I wanna react on the first post from Mas. She is right, about all the subjects. Thy will describe the Netherlands as a dangerous country, but in every country or land there will be problems. Amsterdam is the place to be I'ts a really nice town. The red light ditrict is abolutely a nice place indeed with a lot of cosy cafe's. About the moslims the opinions  here are different. In that describing its all overreact.  About euthanasia , I think that some people have the right to take the decision, especially when someone really suffers and there is no more option for a really normal live. I believe (I.m not really sure) that in our land you can sign an euthanasia paper, so you don't need to suffer endless. I find that a good  point.

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Euthanasia
« Antwort #18 am: Februar 18, 2005, 03:31:34 Nachmittag »
Just thinking about this topic again because there are currently two movies out here in the US that deal with this topic.
Both deal with people with non-fatal  illness. Each involves a  paralyzed person (quadriplegic) who wish to die.
One is a fictionalized real story. One is based on a fiction short story.
Those movies are "The Sea Inside" and "Million Dollar Baby".

Souleraser

• Gast
Euthanasia
« Antwort #19 am: Februar 18, 2005, 05:10:02 Nachmittag »
"Million Dollar Baby", this one?
http://imdb.com/title/tt0405159/

"The Sea inside", this one?
http://imdb.com/title/tt0369702/

Notes taken, looking forward to see them over here.

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Euthanasia
« Antwort #20 am: Februar 18, 2005, 06:06:27 Nachmittag »
You are good  Basti!  Always  on top of things.
Yes that's them.

I'd be interested, if you or anybody here, sees them, to know what your thought.

The Metal RN

• Gast
Euthanasia
« Antwort #21 am: Februar 18, 2005, 06:07:23 Nachmittag »
Yes.

Iron Man

• Gast
Euthanasia
« Antwort #22 am: Februar 20, 2005, 07:25:21 Nachmittag »
I Hate the Press!!!!  :evil:
They always do that with other countries
Brazil isn't that dream, but they twist it making it looks 100 times worst than it is!

dorian jane

• Gast
Euthanasia
« Antwort #23 am: April 07, 2005, 02:00:11 Vormittag »
Very interesting topic !! As a matter of fact it concerns me the most, as i deal with my mother having the Parkinson desease for 17 years and being handicaped for about 8 years. That's in fact the reason i moved from my house in Thessaloniki, quit my job and been living with my parents for about two years now. (Built my own house for privacy , but still taking care of them).This whole situation made me do a LOT of thinking.....
I would never decide for herself, cause you see life so sweet and she hopes to be a hundred.Nor i support the idea of deciding for others. But, we can decide for ourselves.
All i want to say is that if, or when, i become unable to support myself, i wish euthanasia is legal in Greece.(one can just hope , don't you agree? ).

Lots of quotes, won't put them here.But still..
@Mas: I visited Amsterdam, it's a great city, the red light district is my favourite too.Here's to the Bulldog coffee shops!!!  I wish there was a city in Greece like Amsterdam...
@Shadowman: though i know you only from yr postings, Tigers of Pan Tang !! I thought i was among the few left who remembers that band
@AoP: Do you know that in ancient Greece the Spartans threw the ill and handicaped children off a mountain called Kaiadas? Not only for these children or their families not to suffer but cause when growing up they wouldn't be able neither to support themselves nor the Spartan community.

And all these just gave me the idea of a new topic...

Souleraser

• Gast
Euthanasia
« Antwort #24 am: April 07, 2005, 08:18:04 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "dorian jane"

@AoP: Do you know that in ancient Greece the Spartans threw the ill and handicaped children off a mountain called Kaiadas? Not only for these children or their families not to suffer but cause when growing up they wouldn't be able neither to support themselves nor the Spartan community.

Sure. We're being taught that in 6th grade's history at the age of 11 or 12. I didn't know the name of the rock, but I knew the rite.