Autor Thema: Bleeding is coming home, Tourism - Pt.8: Germany  (Gelesen 12063 mal)

The Metal RN

• Gast
Bleeding is coming home, Tourism - Pt.8: Germany
« Antwort #15 am: Januar 09, 2005, 06:23:22 Nachmittag »
Well lets see how much ,or little I know about Germany, haven't been there directly, (YET!!!) so here it goes.....

Black Forest
Autobahn- would love to try that out!!!!! With.....
Fine German automobiles, (BMW/MERCEDES BENZ/AUDI/PORSCHE/Volkswagon, we own a Passat) built by..........
Well respected practical German engineers. I beleive that German practabilty, sensibility, and ingenuity is world famous.
A very good national soccer/fussball team- 3 time world cup, host in 2006, Franz Beckenbauer famous player
Boris Becker, Steffi Graf or Tommy Haas
Very good Olympians, swimming especially
Architecture- Bauhaus teachers are world famous: Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Walter Gropius, Le Corbusier, Bruno Taut and Erich Mendelsohn
"Bullet" Trains- magnetic
October fest
Alot of "wursts", my grandfather loved these, Bart, liver etc.........
Berlin wall, and the coming down of it
Accept, At Vance, Atrocity, Avantasia, Blind Gaurdian, Destruction, Edguy, Freedom Call (sorry Tex  :wink: ), Gamma Ray, Grave Digger, Helloween, Iron Savior, Kreator, Masterplan, Metallium, Axel Rudi Pell, Pink Cream 69, Primal Fear, Rage , Rammstein, Scorpions, Silent Force, Sodom, Spiral Tower, Steeler, Symphorce, Tankard, Vanden Plas, Warlock
passion for good metal, some new friends, and a really cool website/forum/magazine.

Jeanny

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: Januar 09, 2005, 07:10:50 Nachmittag »
Ok, Germany!

Bratwurst
beer
lederhosen
Rudi Carell
autobahn
Castles
Nina Hagen
Mercedes Benz

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: Januar 09, 2005, 07:22:56 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Jeanny"

Rudi Carell

Thank you very much, but this guy is Dutch!
:)

Greetz,

Tex

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: Januar 09, 2005, 08:50:04 Nachmittag »
Hahahahaha ! I remember him doing shows in Germany during my childhood days.
He had this really funny accent !

Oops perhaps you would all find mine even more hilarious !!

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: Januar 09, 2005, 09:30:26 Nachmittag »
lol yeah Der Rudi is Dutch but he is never on the dutch television anymore  :silly: i am glad germany took him away from Holland hahahhaha

Jeanny

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: Januar 10, 2005, 12:57:50 Vormittag »
whahahahahahahaha *lol* De cock and Dick his partner. (they are policemen for the ones they don't know them , its a police serial. )

Jeanny

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: Januar 10, 2005, 12:59:09 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "TexJoachim"
Zitat von: "Jeanny"

Rudi Carell

Thank you very much, but this guy is Dutch!

Greetz,

Tex

Yeah I know but he left to Germany  :wink:

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: Januar 13, 2005, 12:53:40 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Mas"
Ok my neighbours Germany!

Bradwurst und Bier
Immer graden aus or someting like that
Soccer
Metal
Der Rudie
Christiane F
Ost Berlin
Schroder
Schnitzels
Schwarzwalder Kirchtorte
Mercedez Benz
BMW
Autobahn

Derek - Der Alte - Cobra11 - Tatort - Deutsche Crimi

I add more:

sauerkraut mit eisbein

my listen is gonna be longer and longer
 :D

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: Januar 13, 2005, 11:04:16 Nachmittag »
Perhaps the German guys could join in now ?

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #24 am: Januar 13, 2005, 11:36:02 Nachmittag »
Eh, well, you seem to know everything about us!  :lol:
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: Januar 13, 2005, 11:37:16 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Odin"
Eh, well, you seem to know everything about us!  :lol:

You could as well simply have admitted you're too lazy/tired to reply right now ;)
That is my excuse for postponing a reply until tomorrow :D

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: Januar 14, 2005, 01:57:20 Nachmittag »
Okay, let's see...

@shadow:
"An der Nordseeküste": Shame on us, that song is nothing but a "parody" of "The wild rover" - an irish traditional.
"Schwäbische Wald": Though I'm a complete loser in geography, I believe it is "Schwarzwald"  - though the Schwarzwald is located in Schwaben.
- "Oktober Bierfeste" - just Oktoberfest
- Karnaval: the name of it depends on the region where it is celebrated (we had that in the Helloween-topic, didn't we?). In some areas it is called "Karneval", in others, like Franconia where I live it is called "Fasching".
- Peter Maffay: Shame on us again, he's talking and singing in German and most people treat him as a German, but originally he's from Romania.

The other items you mentioned are correct :)

@Mas:
"Immer graden aus or someting like that": Interesting item, though I'm not sure what this is about. "Immer gerade heraus" or "Immer geradeaus"?  The first one would mean being very honest though the truth might hurt and the second one would mean walking straight forward taking all obstacles and not avoiding them.
- "Schwarzwalder Kirchtorte": The german word is "Kirschtorte" (cherry pie). Delicious thingie, though too much of it can cause bad headache.
- "Derek - Der Alte - Cobra11 - Tatort - Deutsche Crimi": Hm, That's kind of blasphemy ;) "Alarm für Cobra 11" doesn't fit in here too well: First of all, "Alarm für Cobra 11" is rather from the action than the crime genre - more explosions, more effects and stuff and quite often the real "crime storyline" seems to be just an excuse for lining up more and more effects ;)
And secondly, "Alarm für Cobra 11" is a pretty young series while the others have been on TV for more than 10 years already.

@Virvatuli
- "Those crazy autobahnas (or how ever they're spelled) and crazy german drivers :)"
It's "Autobahnen" and I have to agree with shadowman: Compared to other european countries, we're really good drivers. Exceptions: Drivers unders 23 (at least according to certain statistics) and people with tuned or expensive cars.

@shadow again:
- "Although it is true that there is no speed limit on the German 'Autobahn'
No, it is not, at least not in general. Yet I know why it seems like that: There's a limit of 120 km/h or even less at several sections, depending on the area the Autobahn passes, but the major part of them doesn't have a speed limit.

And beyond that: Nice work everyone, you really know a lot, though some of it seems to me like stereotypes that will never get lost.

What I would like to add:
The "Nürnberger Christkindlesmarkt": The oldest, biggest, most beautiful market in the time before Christmas. About 2 million visitors from all over the world are visiting every year.

So much for now, I'm sure someone else has to add more.

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: Januar 14, 2005, 03:26:52 Nachmittag »
AoP, well my opinion about crazy german drivers regards to that you have no speed limit (at least not where we drive ;) ), and when we drive there about 120 km/h (which is the highest speed you can drive in Finland) it seems, that everyone else must be crazy, driving 160 -? km/h :)
I've got no experiences about other europian drivers...except for sweds and some other ;)

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: Januar 14, 2005, 04:34:01 Nachmittag »
I've yet to met any European drivers worse than the drivers over here around the city of Boston area. I love to drive fast but I'd much rather be relaxing on a beach.....I saw a picture once of Sylt Island. Rather than beer or bratwurst, castles, the Black Forest, or even Wacken, it made me want to visit Germany.  :insane:

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: Januar 14, 2005, 06:09:55 Nachmittag »
Now there you go Aop !
This is a reply worthy of a true Ambassador !!

About you reaction to my posts :  I do mean Schwäbische Wald instead of Schwarzwald for the simple reason that I was there on holiday two years back...

Beautiful region ! Our hotel was at the borders of the Ebnisee !

This pic to give you an idea...
I have a pic of me in front of the hotel but I am pretty sure you guys prefer this pic of my twin daughters right ?