Autor Thema: Experiences on other boards...  (Gelesen 11229 mal)

shadowman

• Gast
Experiences on other boards...
« am: Januar 09, 2005, 09:22:33 Nachmittag »
I  had some free time on my hands this afternoon and browing through metalpages I stumbled across a Dutch metal site and forum called Zwaremetalen.
Maybe familiar to Mas and Jeanny ?
Anyway, you have no idea how the metal fans treat eachother there !

Ok, I am not a sissy and can take quite a few punches but this is way over the edge.
The agression and hatred going on in there is simply shocking !
The athmosphere is violent, racist and totally way out of line.
Not in a million years would I ever join.
What a relief to come back here...

Have any of you guys had a similar experience about other forums or did i simply pick out an extreme one ?
Really curious about your reacions...

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 09, 2005, 09:28:36 Nachmittag »
I know that website and i dont like it there, people are talking very hateful with each other,
i stay here  :bluebanger: Bleeding4Metal Rocks!

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Januar 09, 2005, 09:33:58 Nachmittag »
Well, I've read a few finnish boards and they all look okay. Only one really bad has crossed my way. They didn't like any newbies there, and they just talked about the "old good days" when that board still was alive. Hmmh. Whatta  dilemma.
And I actually searched for metal boards in english for quite a while before I found this one... And didn't like what I saw elsewhere. Some of the boards were too big and messy, and some of them were just not so friendly.
So yes, this is the best online ;)

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Januar 09, 2005, 10:19:17 Nachmittag »
I have been to a few and a lot of them surely do not like newbies, they ignored most of my posts or one totally shut me down because of a "misunderstanding" of my posts, the moderator even slandered me by earasing my thread and saying all this bad stuff about me. That has left a bad taste in my mouth and for a while I did not want to join anymore. People seem to think that they are the only way to think and heaven forbid there are any other opinions out there. Personal attacks and such should not be aired out for all to see. Also trolling, which I do not hear about much anymore, was a big problem. I really was fed up with a lot of boards during Stratovarius's drama in the begining of last year, that was such a mess and I almost never posted here or anywhere again. I do belong to another board but that one has been taken over by some people who seem to use it as a chat room and there is not much discussion going on anymore. I really like that band and they actually post regularly, we had some fun during the hockey championships this past summer but then it was no longer any fun. you would always see the same 3 people posting all over the place.

Metalmaiden belongs to other boards and she has had much better sucess  than I and I do know that there are some other very good forums out there.

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Januar 09, 2005, 10:35:49 Nachmittag »
Oh, so there is hope for the internet community after all...
 :roll:

See there is one thing that puzzles me in a way.
Aren't we all serving the same thing when we visit a Metal board ?
After all, it is all about Heavy Metal right ?
We above all should stick together !!
It seems the visitors of Zwaremetalen can't get that through their thick skull..

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Januar 09, 2005, 10:42:45 Nachmittag »
I was a member of only one other board: the German Iced Earth Fanboard.
I left after Iced Earth released "The Glorious Burden", and the lyrics of that album were accepted unquestioned by most of the other participants.

That said, I usually prefer Usenet to webboards anyway. So, if I wasn'T writing for Bleeding chances are that I would never have found here.

Greetz,

Tex

evilshell

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Januar 09, 2005, 11:38:53 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "TexJoachim"
I was a member of only one other board: the German Iced Earth Fanboard.
I left after Iced Earth released "The Glorious Burden", and the lyrics of that album were accepted unquestioned by most of the other participants.

That said, I usually prefer Usenet to webboards anyway. So, if I wasn'T writing for Bleeding chances are that I would never have found here.

Greetz,

Tex

I admit to not liking Iced Earth at all, so I don't have a clue what the lyrics were about. Can you explain a bit? I'm just curious!

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Januar 09, 2005, 11:53:26 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "evilshell"

I admit to not liking Iced Earth at all, so I don't have a clue what the lyrics were about. Can you explain a bit? I'm just curious!

Some are concerned with the American history (And I have absolutely no problem with that).
However, the lyrics of two songs made me retch:

'Greenface':
Zitat

A warrior down to the depths of my soul
I terrorize evil that’s out of control

(First two lines.)

This song is glorifying a US special forces unit. It was not released on the German regular edition but only on the 2CD special edition. I wonder why.

'When the eagly cries'
Zitat

Another day just like any other
Out of the blue it turned to horror
How could they?
Why would they?
The innocent suffered hell’s inferno
A senseless act that goes unforgotten
How could they?
They will pay

Chorus
When the eagle cries
Blood will flow
When the eagle cries
For freedom’s fight
When the eagle cries
We love her so
When the eagle cries
We will sacrifice

Out of the ashes came a tempting vengeance
But we are focused, we seek redemption
We are free
We’ll stay free
All they’ve done is make us stronger
The sleeping giant is asleep no longer
If need be
We’ll die free

Chorus
When the eagle cries
Blood will flow
When the eagle cries
For freedom’s fight
When the eagle cries
We love her so
When the eagle cries
We will sacrifice

(Full song.)

The question "How could they?" is asked but never reflected or answered. The only reaction to it is aggression "vengeance, redemption, sacrifice".
Without going into a political discussion, this makes me wonder if Mr Schaffer actually realised the reasons for 9/11.

Greetz,

Tex

Jeanny

• Gast
Re: Experiences on other boards...
« Antwort #8 am: Januar 10, 2005, 12:52:50 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "shadowman"
I  had some free time on my hands this afternoon and browing through metalpages I stumbled across a Dutch metal site and forum called Zwaremetalen.
Maybe familiar to Mas and Jeanny ?

I really don't know them, thats for sure and I will keep it that way.  :wink: I am a member of Bleeding  :D , our own forum, and another one from a new Dutch metalband.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Januar 10, 2005, 03:41:21 Vormittag »
If you value your sanity and your blood pressure, stay far, far away from the DragonForce and HammerFall message boards.

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Januar 10, 2005, 06:54:31 Vormittag »
i saw many discussion about lyrics at other boards, ones i visit a board and everyone got mad at me because i listen to Children of Bodom/Norther Tool and Nirvana and A perfect circle.
lyrics are very personally too, mostly when i listen the music i dont understand a lot of the lyrics so.......  :roll: and yeah if i read the lyrics than i understand where they sing about.

I told them that i was going to Dynamo open Air and everyone got mad at me because they say the bands you listen are evil..... and they gonna make me evil.  :?  but thats not true i dont get evil to listen TOOL or APC or COB. But well i still love bands like Tool and COB but i dont visit them messageboard 's because i know how  the people talk there and i dont like that.

About Iced earth i never thought about them lyrics, i dont listen much to Iced earth, i know they have a lot of cool songs as well but where the lyrics are about i dont know. but if i read the lyric TexJoachim wrote right now i think yeah thats not good.

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: Januar 10, 2005, 09:43:57 Nachmittag »
Well Joachim I heard about the issue with Iced Earth lyrics before.

But hey even Slayer and Manowar ("Back to the power of Germany") got accused writing doubtfull lyrics... :roll:

And Angelofmusic, you got me intrigued there about the Dragonforce and Hammerfall forums. Got a bit more info there ?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Januar 10, 2005, 11:43:13 Nachmittag »
The DF forums have calmed down a bit.  However, both places are simply crawling with immature idiots.  The HF forums especially, racism, sexism, insulting religions and people's taste in music...and moderators who can't do anything about the probem members because they can't ban anyone.  Only Kreem (the webmaster) can do that.  The mods can only go through and delete problematic posts.

Avricha

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: Januar 11, 2005, 04:25:31 Nachmittag »
I second what The Metal RN said and because of that I am quite careful about joining message boards. First I was also reluctant about joining Bleeding because I haven't been listening to metal for long and really felt like a newbie, but everyone on here is great.

gargantouas

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: Januar 11, 2005, 06:28:54 Nachmittag »
Oh you should have seen Mr. Timo Tolkki's forum...this was hatred.....