Autor Thema: Falconer: Folk or Power Metal?  (Gelesen 20026 mal)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Falconer: Folk or Power Metal?
« am: Januar 21, 2005, 12:38:43 Vormittag »
Okay, this issue was raised over at the...*shudder* HammerFall forums  (for those of you that asked me about the atmosphere of the forums, there is now in-fighting between the mods.  But I digress...)

Anyway, I've always considered Falconer as folk/power metal, but other metal fans claim that Falconer is Power, while still others call Falconer Folk metal.

So I guess this is aimed at Stefan or anyone else in Falconer who knows:  What do you guys consider yourselves?  And no copping out and saying "We're just heavy metal!"  All metal bands say that!  Because it IS true, but it really doesn't answer the question much. ;)  Well, regardless of what you guys consider yourselves, it won't change my opinion.  I just was hoping to settle an argument. :)

jakob_hasse

• Gast
Re: Falconer: Folk or Power Metal?
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 21, 2005, 01:02:54 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"
Okay, this issue was raised over at the...*shudder* HammerFall forums  (for those of you that asked me about the atmosphere of the forums, there is now in-fighting between the mods.  But I digress...)

Anyway, I've always considered Falconer as folk/power metal, but other metal fans claim that Falconer is Power, while still others call Falconer Folk metal.

So I guess this is aimed at Stefan or anyone else in Falconer who knows:  What do you guys consider yourselves?  And no copping out and saying "We're just heavy metal!"  All metal bands say that!  Because it IS true, but it really doesn't answer the question much. ;)  Well, regardless of what you guys consider yourselves, it won't change my opinion.  I just was hoping to settle an argument. :)

I would call the first album folk rather than power, but the latest album is more power.
The second album would then be the middleway. That's how I think Falconer's evolved.

So maybe Folk/Power aint such a bad description :)

K. Beckman

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Januar 21, 2005, 04:01:49 Nachmittag »
It's simply Power-metal with folk lore elements.

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Januar 21, 2005, 06:52:05 Nachmittag »
I always thought of Falconer as a Heavy Power Metal band. I think there are some folk elements involved, but not so much as to call them Folk Metal.

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Januar 21, 2005, 07:34:44 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "K. Beckman"
It's simply Power-metal with folk lore elements.

Well... Songs as Per Tyrssons Döttrar I Vänge and We Sold Our Homesteads aren't present on the newest album, so you must agree the band has somewhat evolved away from the folk elements.

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Januar 21, 2005, 09:14:43 Nachmittag »
Guess everyone around here says pretty much the same thing :

Power metal with some folk elements. Personally I would not call it folk metal that is for sure.

And yes Angel of music,  it would really interesting to know what the band has to add to this...

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Januar 21, 2005, 11:07:24 Nachmittag »
Ohhhh Stefaaaannnn...we're all eagerly awaiting your two cents. ;)

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Januar 22, 2005, 11:59:25 Vormittag »
I would call Falconer´s music "Melodic Heavy power metal with a folkish touch and a feeling of atmospheric ambience spiced up with ordinary rock."

Well, what about that!!!

If I call it power metal, it feels like it HAS to be fast
If I call it folk metal it has to be so very "rumpi-dum-dum"

I think we use some of both but also other ingridients.

K. Beckman

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Januar 22, 2005, 04:51:53 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Stefan W"
I would call Falconer´s music "Melodic Heavy power metal with a folkish touch and a feeling of atmospheric ambience spiced up with ordinary rock."

That was short ;)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #9 am: Januar 22, 2005, 07:43:13 Nachmittag »
You can always make it even longer (aka "enlarge your band's musical style description NOW" - ha, sounds like some spam, doesn't it?). ;)

Well, what use should it be trying to force a band's style into some drawer? That is one thing so special about FALCONER, I think; no boring following of one certain style/template, but some self-contained mix.
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Januar 22, 2005, 07:52:45 Nachmittag »
*grin* Thanks Stefan.  

I like the description of folk: "rumpi-dum-dum"  :lol:

Odin, I'm not trying to force their style into one category.  Everyone knows that even if a band starts out as Nu, they may change their style over time, because that's just what happens.  Thus, the style "category" changes too.  

Like socks going from the sock drawer to the underwear drawer to party with bras and panties and...wait, I really was going somewhere with that analogy, but I lost it...whoops.

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: Januar 22, 2005, 09:33:55 Nachmittag »
Like socks going from the sock drawer to the underwear drawer to party with bras and panties and....

Huh ? Now there is something I never heard about ?
Please take your time and finish that sentence...

:P

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Januar 22, 2005, 09:55:36 Nachmittag »

Odin, I'm not trying to force their style into one category.

I doubt he adressed only you with his statement. I believe it was a general statement.

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: Februar 09, 2005, 10:16:01 Vormittag »
By the way, i was cruising some pages the other day and came across the
genre "battle metal". Can they come up with anything more stupid.
It just sounds too banana to be taken seriously.

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: Februar 09, 2005, 10:27:47 Vormittag »
LOL

BATTLE METAL  :lol:  :D