Autor Thema: Falconer: Folk or Power Metal?  (Gelesen 20036 mal)

grym

• Gast
Falconer: Folk or Power Metal?
« Antwort #15 am: Februar 09, 2005, 11:22:17 Vormittag »
Hey guys! I found a new genre for Amon Amarth!!! Now we have to call them Melodic black death viking battle metal!! COOL!

:wink:

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #16 am: Februar 10, 2005, 07:14:05 Vormittag »
Well, never mind the creations of genres, but TURISAS did a really nice album there (I guess it was there you read "Battle Metal", because the album is also entitled as that). :)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: Februar 10, 2005, 08:45:44 Vormittag »
Well the Turisas album turned out quite good I think!

"Battle Metal" as an album title is a whole different story.

But as a description for a music genre *g* I don't know... it sounds stupid :)

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: Februar 10, 2005, 03:17:51 Nachmittag »
I did like that album as well, I actually bought it because of a Bleeding review :wink:
I agree with Prab here on using it as a label, I really don't care for it. These labels are getting a little confusing. I like the good old days with Thrash, power, and speed, that was it! But I guess as music evolves so does the need to classify it, that is the human way it appears.

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: Februar 17, 2005, 09:40:25 Nachmittag »
Yep, I do have mixed feelings about metal 'genres' as well, but admit it : it makes the talking a bit easier right ?
Quite a bit of difference between Power Metal and Grindcore right ?
Reminds me, when I started of there was Hardrock and Heavy Metal...
Aaaah... the simpler times...
 :roll:

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: Februar 18, 2005, 05:50:48 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "shadowman"
Yep, I do have mixed feelings about metal 'genres' as well, but admit it : it makes the talking a bit easier right ?

As long as your definitions are the same, that is where the question comes in I think. So many bands don't fit one category.

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: Februar 18, 2005, 05:52:26 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "shadowman"

Reminds me, when I started of there was Hardrock and Heavy Metal...
Aaaah... the simpler times...
 :roll:

Tex, allow me.......

I thought when you started there was only banging sticks on rocks...... *ducks & runs*  :twisted:

SCNR,
The Metal RN

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #22 am: Februar 18, 2005, 06:06:43 Nachmittag »
Now look at this! The Metal RN has learnt some really nice picking on Shadowman meanwhile.  :lol:
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: Februar 18, 2005, 09:23:54 Nachmittag »
Aaarrgghh... this is how the plague spread around 1666 I think...  :roll:

And no damned : even I wasn't born back then smart asses !!!

Metal maiden !! Help me !!!

Arthyron

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: März 06, 2005, 06:00:27 Vormittag »
Well, I refer to all fantasy/medieval or othewise non-modern or fictitious forms of metal as Battle Metal.  It's something I came up with on my own before I actually heard there was a specific genre called Battle Metal.  It's just what I call that kind of stuff (as it comprises most of the kind of music I listen to).

As to Falconer itself.  If I were to classify it I would say it's Folk Power Metal.  Yeah, sometimes genre names are ridiculous, but I believe that Folk Power Metal is an apt description of what Falconer is.  It's power metal most assuredly, with folk elements added in, so it's more of a duality.  It doesn't have to be one or the other, it can quite easily be both, so henceforth I refer to it as Folk Power Metal. ;)

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: Juni 07, 2005, 09:51:13 Nachmittag »
i dont know what it is..... Folk or Power or Power or Folk or Folkpower PowerFolk,,,,, Falconer Just ROCKS!   :bluebanger:

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: Juni 08, 2005, 01:30:04 Vormittag »
:twisted: Muahahhahahahha!!!!!!!!
Folk has to do with a country's folklore and power has to do with... POWER!!!
Why don't we ALL let the bands do their best and just bang and enjoy?? Come on you people!!!!!!!

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: Juni 09, 2005, 01:30:47 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "dorian jane"
:twisted: Muahahhahahahha!!!!!!!!
Folk has to do with a country's folklore and power has to do with... POWER!!!
Why don't we ALL let the bands do their best and just bang and enjoy?? Come on you people!!!!!!!

yeah that is true, and there is also a genre called Pagan metal, and then i mean the Black metal version of Pagan metal.
Its so difficult a band to put in a catogory, i dont do that anymore, at my linkpage i made category's named Heavy/Prog/Power Mix, Extreme/Goth/Trash/Black/Death Mix and alternative Mix.
so know i dont have to make worry anymore where to put in a band because i have so enough about the emails with hey Mascha this band is not Death metal but Trash and blablablablabla...........................................................
well if they sound kool then they sound kool and what kind of metal it is that doesnt matter for me.  :wink:

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: Juni 09, 2005, 01:52:26 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Mas"

well if they sound kool then they sound kool and what kind of metal it is that doesnt matter for me.  :wink:

That's the spirit!!! 8)  :wink:

chris

• Gast
rock n' roll - nerd!
« Antwort #29 am: Juni 10, 2005, 02:14:40 Nachmittag »
don't be such geeks! call it ROCK and stop giving the music all sorts of usless faggit names  :twisted: