Autor Thema: The Falconer is awake from slumber  (Gelesen 9232 mal)

Prab

• Gast
The Falconer is awake from slumber
« am: Januar 28, 2013, 05:42:01 Nachmittag »
From the bands Facebook page:

"The Falconer is awake from slumber.

After the darkest year yet I am once again in writing mood, and what a mood! I guess somethig good really can come out of something bad after all. After rebooting musically from a year of creative vacuum there is a fresh hunger and optimism.

The 6 songs completed so far are harder and faster and with more of an attitude again, some of the songs sound like taken from the first album. After reading a book about deciphering and reading the language of runestones I really got some lyrical inspiration too!

I must say that it hasn't been this rewarding and promising for many years to write for a new album, without being carried away too far.The future plan is to concentrate on writing, re-writing and rehearsing for the new album, being sure it is as good as it can and not re-using too many patterns. All songs will be in english this time.

We are just to begin rehearsing once again after a 2 year break and I can't wait to put Mathias through some tests and find out the speed limit of Karsten.

Hails from Stefan and the falcons!!

Stefan / 28:th of January 2013"

:bangersmiley: :56: :bangersmiley:

tip

• Gast
Re: The Falconer is awake from slumber
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 28, 2013, 05:45:58 Nachmittag »
Yay, that's awesome news!! Almost makes me regret not beeing ony facebook (well, almost...  :icon_mrgreen: )

Can't wait to get some new material!!

Thanks Prab, this made my day! :)

Horus-Nikopol

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Januar 28, 2013, 06:29:56 Nachmittag »
Ha, I just saw that myself and came here to see if there was a thread yet.

Good to see you alive and kicking, Prab  8)

Here's to more metal magic!

Avricha

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Februar 16, 2013, 09:33:22 Nachmittag »
Don't have a FB, but it happened that I stopped by here today to see if there were any news, and fuck yes indeed!
Made my day  :56:

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Februar 22, 2013, 01:56:07 Nachmittag »
Hehe, great to see that people still check out these boards :)  :bangersmiley:

As soon I read news regarding Falconer I make sure that it's shared here at the boards ;) I know that we all yearn for news regarding "Stefan & The Falcons" (i bet THAT's what Falconer would have been called, if they were a 60s or 70s band XD)!

Can't wait to hear new songs!  :56:

Horus-Nikopol

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: März 25, 2013, 10:18:14 Nachmittag »
I have to say I'm feeling a bit nostalgic about the good old Sceptre, Grime, and Northwind years when this forum was bustling with life and enthusiasm.

I hope some of that energy will be rekindled when the new album is out and we can welcome back some other old friends...

cynic73

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: März 28, 2013, 09:13:46 Vormittag »
"Stefan & The Falcons" (i bet THAT's what Falconer would have been called, if they were a 60s or 70s band XD)!

They would have been called "Stefan & The Falconz" I think...many of the so called dance bands in Sweden at the time threw in a z or an x to make the name cool  :lachen:

tip

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Juli 24, 2013, 03:40:07 Nachmittag »
So it's been half a year since january...
Any news finally? I'd love to get some new material!  :bangersmiley:
How are things going Stefan?

Nyholm

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Juli 24, 2013, 07:39:47 Nachmittag »
I think I heard from somewhere that they will start to record at the end of this year, not too sure about it though..