Autor Thema: A word of comfort for Gargantouas...  (Gelesen 23459 mal)

shadowman

• Gast
A word of comfort for Gargantouas...
« am: Februar 01, 2005, 10:44:24 Nachmittag »
Ok, he is probably going to hate me for starting this topic but I will have plenty of time to make up for it...
 :wink:

Yep guys, our beloved friend, walking metal encyclopdia and top reviewer on Bleeding 4 Metal has to join to Greek army.
Since the army duty is still compulsary in Greece he really has no choice...
Dimitris is starting his army year next monday the 7th of February...
If anyone wants to say some encouraging words now this is the time and place to do it...

Well, dude, this is by far no farewell, I am convinced you will find a way to keep in contact with the Bleeding community,  still...
I know you hate going and I cannot say enough how much I feel with you in these sad times.
But... But...I have gotten to know you as a bright, highly intelligent and subtle guy and therefor I am reassured that you will find your way around your new home in Giannenna for the next 12 months...

I am not going to deny the fact that some days  will not be the best of times - I 've done my 12 months as well - but, and I assure you this : there will be many really nice moments as well. I Can imagine you couldn't care less about that now, nevertheless it is the truth...

I will ask Nat and Basti to keep this topic available at all times so you can give us an update on regular basis, provided you feel like it and have the ability to do so...

Again, this is of course no farewell, consider this 'army thinghy' (as you call it your self)  as an opportunity to move on to better times.
Didn't Vera lynn sung the profetic words : "Untill we meet again" ?

You will do just fine, wacko Greek dude !!

:wink:

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: Februar 02, 2005, 10:04:43 Vormittag »
for me this is kinda hard to see a friend and a long time brother leave us for such a usless thing. I wish that greece would turn over their law about joining the army for one year as a manditory requirement..

through all the times good and bad. easy and hard we have always managed to stay friends.. through a band online that never got anything done because of my lack on getting my tracks done to arguements because of Dimitris impatience. the long conversations on the phone. man I know that had to be expensive for you because it sure was for me. the dreams that may one day come true...

man to see that after all the conversations about it, you are really going to go to the army. I never thought the day would come. and I am going to miss the hell out of you bros..

I truly hope that the army treats you well as well as help you with some of the personal issues we have discussed. I hope that God with watch your back and take care of you and yourlofe so that you can come back to us with tales that we will talk about until we are old and grey man..

make us proud brotha. try to stay in contact if you can... and dont even THINK of making a career of the army lol.. get in, get it done, and get out!!!!

love ya to pieces and hope you are doing ok man.. miss ya already..

oh yeah now who is going to do all the reviews and updates about Dream Theater...... :-P

stay true man. stay metal..... you hair will grow back.. and send us a pic of you with short hair.. we all need a good laugh..... Love ya bros...

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Februar 02, 2005, 11:42:04 Vormittag »
Take care, Gargantouas!

Greetz,

Tex

Souleraser

• Gast
Re: A word of comfort for Gargantouas...
« Antwort #3 am: Februar 02, 2005, 01:52:03 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "shadowman"

I will ask Nat and Basti to keep this topic available at all times

As moderator of "Talk", you could have done so by yourself ;)

And Dimitris, dude, what else could I add?
Perhaps this: "They can cut your hair, but they can never cut your personality".
Definitely gonna miss you around here! Take care and try to report back from time to time...

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Februar 02, 2005, 02:57:29 Nachmittag »
I wish you good luck and all the best too!

Right now I'm doing the civilian service too.
It's the alternative to military service here in Austria.
I didn't want to join the army.

And it's 12 months too *sighs*
But since I startet in October.... it's "just" 8 months to go.

You'll make it man :)

Avricha

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Februar 02, 2005, 05:41:54 Nachmittag »
Wish you all the best, Dimitris and take care. We all will miss you and hopefully that 12 months will be over sooner than you imagine they will be.

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Februar 02, 2005, 06:26:51 Nachmittag »
Oh I as well hope all the best for you and I'm sure you survive it, being a strong metalhead :)

jim sarissa

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Februar 02, 2005, 06:35:31 Nachmittag »
Gargantouas my friend ,what should i say........
send us a photo ......lol
You now that old seventies song ...(your in the army now)
Do i see you before you leave???

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Februar 02, 2005, 10:24:31 Nachmittag »
I forgot to add a picture as a remembrance of better times and as a symbol for better times to come (after Giannenna)...

gargantouas

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Februar 02, 2005, 10:25:05 Nachmittag »
Well what can I say. Thanks for all guys and girls. Really appreciate your warm words.

@shadowman: Dude....everything that I say is too little for you man. You are simply one of the best people I have ever met and  Iconsider my self a lucky man to have known you. What else to say?

@Ryan: So happy to see you and your wishes are so warm. We may had our moments in but i hope we can surely work out something together when I am done.

@Bleeding webcrew: Nat, Basti, Joachim, Wilko and the other members that i havent met so well I really thank you guys for the opportunity to be a part of the best webzine around the globe. It has been and i hope it will be one of the best times I will have in my life.

@Jimmy: Dude....BLEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!

@the board: Prab, Virvatulli, Avricha thanks for the nice words. I hope I will get to know you much better in a year's time when I will surely be in much more appetite to be on the boards. The last few months werent exactly the best time for me unfortunatelly.

All this, thanks a lot. I fucvkin appreciate it....

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Februar 02, 2005, 11:15:34 Nachmittag »
Hey man take care, do what you gotta do. I have been pleased to have gotten to know you over the past year and look forward to continuing our freindship when the situation allows. Peace as always my freind!! :banger2:

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: Februar 03, 2005, 02:23:12 Vormittag »
Gosh I've been so busy I almost missed this! But I couldn't let you go without saying good bye and sending you my best wishes.You will be missed around here my dear.  I hope your time passes quickly, and safely, and you'll be back on the boards before you know it Take care. We'll be thinking of you. And as the saying goes here -- We'll leave a light on for you.

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Februar 03, 2005, 03:56:40 Vormittag »
being as good as friend as we are Dimitris you have to expect arguements as such as we ahve had. and even from time to time fall outs we have had. but doesnt mean that love for a brother will ever stop.. and man I will always love you like a brother. no matter what. so I hope that we will stay in contact God willing and maybe even have some things bnetween each other as far as music goes later in life.. so for now I will say farewell to a friend and wipe the tears from my eyes and be proud that you ahve made the right desicion to stay and join the army to get it over with.. much love for ya bro.. but you know that already..

stay true..

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: Februar 03, 2005, 09:23:39 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "gargantouas"
Well what can I say. Thanks for all guys and girls. Really appreciate your warm words.

@shadowman: Dude....everything that I say is too little for you man. You are simply one of the best people I have ever met and  Iconsider my self a lucky man to have known you. What else to say?

Hush hush... not too loud or everyone will want to be to my friend... :wink:
Just imagine the women around here would want to spent quality time with me, we wouldn't want that to happen now would we ? *keeping fingers crossed*

Ok, I do not want to stretch this goodbye thing too long not only because I suck at it ( :wink: )
and not only because us metalheads are TOUGH EVIL guys *wiping a tear away* and not because I am going to miss you THAT much *biggest lie in Shadowman's life* and and...pfff... Forget it, allow me to finish with a Metal quote and get this thing over with...
You know the band, you know the song, you know what it means to you and me, that is all...

"Days go by, still I try
to realize the journey haunting me a night
Days go by, still I try
to realize the journey haunting me a night..."

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #14 am: Februar 03, 2005, 10:07:46 Nachmittag »
Dimitris!

You surely know I feel for you, but at the same time have the unmovable believe that you will make this year a thing to learn from, to grow with the experiences, the struggles, the successes.

Try to take it as a chance. You may be busy, you may be away from friends and family, but only physically. You may have to go through hard times, but only physically. Take care to hold to your personality, your soul, your will. They won't be able to break you. Following loud orders, screamed commands does not mean giving in or giving up something of yourself. Just put the thinking machine to a little rest to the outward, but stay how you are within. Then you won't be the same when coming back home - you will be all you have been before and more. Grown, experienced.

I think any experience is valuable. Many things we have to go through are terrible at first and you wish nothing more than to turn back time or something to avoid what already happened or has to happen without a chance to do anything about it. But when looking back the only thing that counts is that you have learnt something.

To me civil service was one of the greatest times of my life. Hard at times (lost at least two men to father death...), but I always had the feeling to grow and mature a lot through it. I can only imagine, but I think I would feel similar about the 'army thingy' (main reason not to go there: don't you cut my hair! Haha ;) ). Of course, still I know how hard it has to be. Just try thinking of it as not only hard and stupid, but try seeing the positive effects it definitely will have. Alright?

So, go on now, friend, make the Bleeding for Metal community proud and bring some news and stories from time to time, will you? :)

See you around, I am sure.

:cheers:
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory