Autor Thema: First impressions from "Grime vs. Grandeur"  (Gelesen 25133 mal)

Nescafé

• Gast
First impressions from "Grime vs. Grandeur"
« Antwort #15 am: April 18, 2005, 08:10:28 Nachmittag »
Who is the female vocal on "Emotional Skies"??? :hm:  :lol:

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: April 18, 2005, 09:11:09 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Nescafé"
Who is the female vocal on "Emotional Skies"??? :hm:  :lol:

Check out this thread
http://boards.bleeding4metal.de/viewtopic.php?t=568&start=15

Sinner

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: April 22, 2005, 04:48:33 Nachmittag »
Hi all,

you might wanna check this review I 've just found :

http://www.metal-temple.com/review.asp?id=863

A cool one.

Anonymous

• Gast
Pete
« Antwort #18 am: April 27, 2005, 09:51:04 Vormittag »
i f**ing love the new album. it´s more aggressiv...it´s my cup of te. the best song..child of the wild..ehh the hole album is i fantastic. :D

K. Beckman

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: April 27, 2005, 02:07:21 Nachmittag »
Damn Funksters! I like everything about this record. Killer layout and "The Return" is for sure the killer track on this one. The whole produktion is much better than all your previous records.  :banger2:
But is it only Andys vocals on the "Wake Up" track? I think I can hear Kriss somewere as well. Am I right?
And who is the Fisherman? And what is his contribution on the record?

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: April 27, 2005, 04:43:56 Nachmittag »
Aaaha ha ha ha!! Fisherman Pete will remain a mystery. He did some back up singing.
If you listen closely you can hear him towards the end of the first track, the voice who sounds as a fisherman with pipe and beard abnd everything.

As for "Wake up" Andy just sings the verses. The rest is Kristoffer.

December

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: April 30, 2005, 05:56:58 Nachmittag »
I just hbeard "Purgatory time" from the upcoming album. I really like the song, but there is something about the chorus, the "It´s ourgatory time! part.  "Isn´t there a sun among the clouds?"  OM MY GOD, WHAT A FUCKING RIPOFF!!!  

:wink:

Is there anyone else who has thought of this likeness, or am I just extremley picky. Well, great song anyway. I am really looking forward to this album.

:twisted:

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: April 30, 2005, 06:15:55 Nachmittag »
Quite picky guy here I think. I haven´t noticed that short thing myelf but IF you want to hear a real rip off then listen to "Sir Robin" by Mony python and come back with your opinion.  :wink:

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: April 30, 2005, 06:25:56 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "December"

"Isn´t there a sun among the clouds?"
[...]
 Is there anyone else who has thought of this likeness, or am I just extremley picky. Well, great song anyway. I am really looking forward to this album.

If Google isn't wrong (and it's hardly ;) ) exactly the same line appears in "Substitutional world".
But a band stealing from itself is... well, not that terrible after all, especially as it's a pretty cool line.

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: April 30, 2005, 11:45:59 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AoP"

But a band stealing from itself is... well, not that terrible after all, especially as it's a pretty cool line.

Yeap, i agree with this. Many bands repeat a phrase here and there, i heard nobody complaining about it.. as a matter of fact, fans are hooked on those phrases (some are really inspirational)..  phrases that ARE the band in a nutshell.

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: Mai 01, 2005, 01:37:32 Nachmittag »
It is, BTW, not called stealing, but "self-citation".
:D

Greetz,

Tex

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: Mai 01, 2005, 08:57:43 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AoP"
Zitat von: "December"

If Google isn't wrong (and it's hardly ;) ) exactly the same line appears in "Substitutional world".

that´s right. I was refering to substitutional world, and not that the lyric is the same (because it´s not). It´s the melody thats the same, just that one small part. If you take listen to sustitutional world, listen extra carefully to "Isn´t there a sun among the clouds", then listen to purgatory time.

With happy greetings (as we say in sweden)

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: Mai 01, 2005, 09:06:07 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "TexJoachim"
It is, BTW, not called stealing, but "self-citation".
:D

I thoght of "self-referencing" ;)

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: Mai 01, 2005, 09:30:15 Nachmittag »
That would be a non-literal paraphrase, while this was exactly the same line, letter for letter.
;)

Greetz,

Tex

Metal Missionary

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: Mai 16, 2005, 06:28:33 Nachmittag »
Just received G v. G this weekend.  It took me forever to find the Digi release on the internet at my usual shops.  Anyways, I've already listened to it five or six times through already and it's the best album I've bought in some time.  Quality songs.  I lke the themes of the songs and vocal performances especially.  The production is top notch and the Falconer sound is prevalent throughout the album.