Autor Thema: First impressions from "Grime vs. Grandeur"  (Gelesen 25147 mal)

Thomas Mehuron

• Gast
First impressions from "Grime vs. Grandeur"
« Antwort #45 am: Juli 11, 2005, 07:49:00 Nachmittag »
I apologize for my previous statement "gross" but im just very frustrated about this new album. the singing is scrathcy and the lyrics are EMO. hearing this come from such a great band really threw me off. When i first heard the songs "purgatory time" and "Jack the Knife" i couldnt even tell that it was falconer because it was so much different. What ever happened to songs like "the clarion call" or "Substitutional world"? I really hope you guys can make a new album that brings you back from the world of EMO metal

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #46 am: Juli 11, 2005, 08:11:34 Nachmittag »
What is EMO?????

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #47 am: Juli 11, 2005, 10:02:47 Nachmittag »
I don't know why people use the word "emo" to discredit a band.

I'm aware of the fact that this musical style called "Emo Core" is very very popular and commercially successful at the moment.
Still..... Falconer is far away from that kind of music. That's totally different!
And if Falconer lyrics turn out to be emotional... so what?!
Each and every song ever written DOES evoke somekind of emotion in the listener.
Emotional lyrics or melodies aren't a reason to declare a bands failure!

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #48 am: Juli 11, 2005, 10:50:29 Nachmittag »
"Emo" is short for emotional and is ment in a weepy, whiny way.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #49 am: Juli 12, 2005, 12:17:16 Vormittag »
Falconer?  Emo?   Excuse me for a minute...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ....GAHAHAHAHAHA EMO!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA OMG!!! AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Oh my...oh...*Giggle* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  *falls over laughing*

Ahem.  I feel better now.

Falconer has never been Emo, and I doubt they ever will be.  Both Stefan and Kristoffer seem to be pretty well-rounded, with their feet firmly on the ground both as artists and as people.  Emo this band is certainly not.

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #50 am: Juli 12, 2005, 06:42:10 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Thomas Mehuron"
I apologize for my previous statement "gross" but im just very frustrated about this new album. the singing is scrathcy and the lyrics are EMO.

Metal singing is rough, scratchy, raw (just like metal itself). It can be high and clean, or growled and shrieked too.
As for the lyrics, the only one that could be remotely similar to "emo" is "I Refuse".

hearing this come from such a great band really threw me off. When i first heard the songs "purgatory time" and "Jack the Knife" i couldnt even tell that it was falconer because it was so much different.

Both songs are very power / traditional metal-like, I fail to see where the supposed emo connection is.

What ever happened to songs like "the clarion call" or "Substitutional world"? I really hope you guys can make a new album that brings you back from the world of EMO metal

Those songs are on their respective albums. And the band is nowehere near being 'emo', which leads me to believe you just learned about the term and try to use it without checking if it fits the bill first.

It's frustrating to see how the majority of people are unable to judge music on its own terms, but based on what they 'expect' it to sound like.

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #51 am: Juli 12, 2005, 03:13:26 Nachmittag »
Emo sucks, its an appaling genre of music.

Falconer, fortunately, have no similarities to it whatever.

If you think Kriss sounds like an emo singer you need your ears cleaned.

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #52 am: Juli 12, 2005, 07:43:15 Nachmittag »
*blinks*  I've never heard of EMO.  *ducks*  I suppose I should know these things, huh?

I gotta tell you this much, though - I have no idea what Thomas is talking about when he says that "Purgatory Time" doesn't sound like Falconer.  It sounds EXACTLY like Falconer.  From the INSTANT I first heard that song, the first  few notes of that awesome guitar just screamed "Falconer" at me.

kailef

• Gast
« Antwort #53 am: Juli 12, 2005, 07:44:16 Nachmittag »
Bah, I hate when I forget to log in.  That last message was from me.   :oops:

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #54 am: Juli 12, 2005, 07:46:03 Nachmittag »
Please, mention some EMO bands. It sounds like that genre might contain alot of great melodic stuff.

By the way, the new "System of a down" is the best album this year.
But what would you guys call their music, Neo Metal feels like a very inapropriate name for a band that actually is great.

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #55 am: Juli 12, 2005, 07:53:16 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Stefan W"

I had a chance to listen some of the songs. Not bad, but not really the best album of the year.
My candidate for this title is the latest Candlemass album. Very heavy stuff.

Zitat

But what would you guys call their music, Neo Metal feels like a very inapropriate name for a band that actually is great.

NuMetal?

SCNR,

Tex

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #56 am: Juli 12, 2005, 09:43:54 Nachmittag »
Please, mention some EMO bands. It sounds like that genre might contain alot of great melodic stuff.

I'm NOT sure, but I heard these are emo:

Atreyu
Caliban
Underoath

Maybe somebody with more experience with this style might post some more.

Zitat

I have to agree - the new System of a Down album just rocks! Great stuff!
I'm really eager to listen to their next album coming out in Novembre called "Hypnotize".

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #57 am: Juli 12, 2005, 10:39:55 Nachmittag »
Atreyu
Caliban
Underoath

These are all Metalcore bands (I think), which is like watered down melodeath with Emo vocals. There are indeed melodies to be found here, but its nothing you haven't heard a Gothenburg band do before (and better).
Then you have Emo-core (ridiculous, I know) which is Emo bands with a slight Metal influence, like Finch or Funeral For A Friend.
'True' Emo has no Metal influence, its actually closer to pop punk than anything else.

Metalmaiden

• Gast

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #59 am: Juli 13, 2005, 12:24:41 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "TexJoachim"

NuMetal?

They were kinda nu-rockish in the beginning, but they've improved a lot over the years. Wouldn't call them metal at all though, they're much more like a contemporary (although not traditional) hard rock band.