Autor Thema: Why falconer replaced her singer?????  (Gelesen 15500 mal)

Falconcall

• Gast
Why falconer replaced her singer?????
« am: März 25, 2005, 01:08:00 Nachmittag »
I have to admit.
Falconer is one of the greates bands i had ever known
Ihave the 3 albums of them.
The first 2 albums are great, ican listen to them for hours every day.
But, since mathias left falconer and the new singer joind and other of the members
falconer turned into something else. I dont knw if its the singer or the over band but the last album(The Sceptre Of Deception) Trully ruind falconer   :evil: .
This album is realy bad one  :x .
I hope that u'll find another singer to revive falconer  :twisted:

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: März 25, 2005, 01:36:37 Nachmittag »
I think you'd best look out a flame retardant suit (emphasis on retardant) after that one. :lol:

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: März 25, 2005, 02:47:33 Nachmittag »
Come on. It is a very young troll, after all.
Let's not be so hard on him, ok?

I suggest we don't feed him anymore now, do you agree?
:)

Greetz,

Tex

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: März 25, 2005, 06:57:22 Nachmittag »
He's not exactly trolling.  He's stating his opinion.  He obviously doesn't like Falconer with the new singer.  

We don't have to like his opinion, but there's no need to accuse him (her?) of trolling for simply stating an opinion.

That said:

What exactly about Kristoffer's vocals don't you like?  I personally think they are alot like Mathias's vocals, but more "gritty."  Falconer's sound really hasn't changed much.  It's gotten a bit heavier, but it's still good.  Do you just not like the new singer, or what?

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: März 26, 2005, 04:31:50 Nachmittag »
I was skeptical as well when Sceptre came out but I gave Kristoffer a chance and when I had consumed the album for what it is and listened to it often enough, I must say that I like it better than Chapters. Of course, Mathias has a grand and clear style of singing that cannot be replaced entirely, but the third album features more powerfull kick-some-butt songs than Chapters, plus it is a concept album and then I also think that together with Lord of the Blacksmiths, the title track "Sceptre..." is the best Falconer song yet. I also agree with the assessment that Kristoffer's vocals aren't too different from Mathias'. As a matter of fact, when I listened to the third album for the first few times, I couldnt really tell between the two singers. I think that with Kristoffer they got the best conceivable replacement.
I think Falconer have continuously been keeping their style and sound and have even improved along the way. Grime vs. Grandeur will show how far they have made it over the last two years. Lets keep our fingers crossed!

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: März 26, 2005, 10:17:21 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"
He's not exactly trolling.  He's stating his opinion.  He obviously doesn't like Falconer with the new singer.  

Well, sentences like : "I hope that u'll find another singer to revive falconer" are beyond stating an opinion.

But perhaps I'm overly sensitive, because I had too many discussions about the vocal qualities of Kristoffer Göbel and James LaBrie (Dream Theater).

So, sorry for my harsh statement.

Greetz,

Tex

strutter

• Gast
Re: Why falconer replaced her singer?????
« Antwort #6 am: März 29, 2005, 07:51:54 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Falconcall"
I have to admit.
But, since mathias left falconer and the new singer joind and other of the members
falconer turned into something else. I dont knw if its the singer or the over band but the last album(The Sceptre Of Deception) Trully ruind falconer   :evil: .

I do not agree whith you my friend. And i think you also will change opinion when you hear the new album Grime vs  Grandeur. Belive me :wink:
We who where in kalmar, knows what it is about..
Emotional Skies  is one of the best songs i have ever heard.

The Blacksmith

• Gast
Re: Why falconer replaced her singer?????
« Antwort #7 am: März 29, 2005, 10:46:22 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Falconcall"
I have to admit.

You should hear him (Göbel) on the new album!! Cheeses!
Noone can dislike those vocals!!  :D

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: März 30, 2005, 07:53:39 Vormittag »
AAAAHHHHHHH!
I can't endure this teasing!

I want that album! NOW!  :shock:  :D

Falconcall

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: März 30, 2005, 09:55:21 Nachmittag »
I will listen to the new album(promise)
maybe you right..
i shouldnt judge the singer this early :)

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: April 02, 2005, 05:25:49 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "<Horus-Nikopol>"
\ I also think that together with Lord of the Blacksmiths, the title track "Sceptre..." is the best Falconer song yet. !

Lord of the Blacksmiths is my absolute fav from Falconer!!!

I have been listening more to Septre lately because of all the buzz about the new album and because of all the comments on the new singer. I really did enjoy Septre, I also like change, there were a lot more levels to listen to on the last album, some people might have objected to to many maybe??? :?:
There are so many awesome melodies , and I for one really like the vocal trade offs in Septre (the song) I also really like Wolf so it was nice to have NIklas there as well!!!!!

I am really looking forward to the next album, as are most I see, maybe even one day I will have the pleasure of seeing you guys live!!!!

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: Juni 18, 2005, 05:58:48 Nachmittag »
I'ds.say.you're.all.mad.not.too.agree.with.him....
The.two.first.Albums.kicks.ass.while.the.newer.one's.are.just.an.album.among.thousands.of.metalalbums....
And.it's.not.his.singing.I.dislike.it's.the.entire.music....Has.hardly.naught.of.yhe.old.touch....

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Juni 18, 2005, 06:56:42 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Anonymous"
I'ds.say.you're.all.mad.not.too.agree.with.him....
The.two.first.Albums.kicks.ass.while.the.newer.one's.are.just.an.album.among.thousands.of.metalalbums....
And.it's.not.his.singing.I.dislike.it's.the.entire.music....Has.hardly.naught.of.yhe.old.touch....

Someone's space bar must be broken.  :P

You know, we could just as easily say you're mad for agreeing with him.  The music, while different than it was when Falconer started it still great.  It's also still unlike anything else out there.  Ultimately, it's your opinion, but the rest of us don't have to agree with it.

kailef

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: Juni 20, 2005, 10:10:09 Vormittag »
The album finally arrived, and I think it rocks.  Great stuff.

To Falconcall - I liked the first two albums better than Sceptre, but Sceptre isn't bad.  Grime vs. Grandeur is better than all three previous albums, in my opinion.  The music is so clean, powerful, and well produced and written!  And while I do prefer a 'clean' vocal to a more 'crunchy' or 'growly' vocal, Kristoffer does both very well.  If you don't believe me, listen to, for example, Child of the Wild... Kristoffer sings wonderfully in that
song.  All in all, give it a chance.  You won't be dissapointed.

Sokolnik

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: September 01, 2005, 05:36:25 Nachmittag »
i liked the best two first albums and when i realized that Falconer changed a singesr i said "oh no why why WHY??". but i decided to hear "Sceptre.." and i enjoyed it!! it has this stuff from this first Falconer albums.when you are listening the music you feel there Falconer and after all Kristopher dosn't have as awesome voice as i thought :p but i'm still trying to convince myself to "grime.." it's different but somoetimes my heart still beats harder  :twisted: