Autor Thema: BURNED OR BURIED?  (Gelesen 12728 mal)

dorian jane

• Gast
BURNED OR BURIED?
« am: April 07, 2005, 02:12:54 Vormittag »
Having just come out of the Euthanasia topic , i thought it would be a good idea knowing how you feel about yr own funeral procedures. Since everybody is buried when dead here in Greece and  only recently we were let to know  we have a diffferent option..
I definitely vote for the burn procedure. I definitely prefer a funeral pyre rather than having my body turn to big ,white ,disgusting white worms...
(a very morbid topic but still , curious to know)

Metalmaiden

• Gast
BURNED OR BURIED?
« Antwort #1 am: April 07, 2005, 02:40:36 Vormittag »
Absolutely Burn!  (I've even researched the availability of open pyre cremation)
Beyond the roman\tic notion of the "Viking funeral" I just think rotting in the ground is creepy.  
I'd rather become apart of the universe as  dust in the wind. :wink:

The Metal RN

• Gast
BURNED OR BURIED?
« Antwort #2 am: April 07, 2005, 04:29:47 Vormittag »
Burned for sure, I like the idea of being scattered at a favorite place of mine or at some special location. For practical reasons I beleive IMHO, that cedmeteries are a big waste of space.

Virvatuli

• Gast
BURNED OR BURIED?
« Antwort #3 am: April 07, 2005, 08:28:58 Vormittag »
I will probably get buried in the ground... (and in churchs ground :shock: )... There's a place for me where someone's already waiting ;)

But I too like the idea of burning, when I'm dead... But I would want to be burned on a wooden board pushed to the water... Like they do in Midsummer here. Though, without the people  :lol:

Souleraser

• Gast
BURNED OR BURIED?
« Antwort #4 am: April 07, 2005, 08:38:55 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "The Metal RN"
Burned for sure, I like the idea of being scattered at a favorite place of mine or at some special location.

Completely agreed.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
BURNED OR BURIED?
« Antwort #5 am: April 07, 2005, 10:35:20 Vormittag »
Hmmmmm, haven't thought much about this topic. But I have thought about offering my usable organs for transplantation after my departure. I have no use for my physical vessel after death, so I shouldn't care much about what happens to it.

Still, the idea of a bloating white body being ripped apart by worms isn't that pleasent, really. Being burnt (the rest after the usable organs have been taken out ;)) on open water is a very good idea, but hard to accomplish, I think.
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Metalmaiden

• Gast
BURNED OR BURIED?
« Antwort #6 am: April 07, 2005, 03:41:05 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Odin"
Hmmmmm, haven't thought much about this topic. But I have thought about offering my usable organs for transplantation after my departure. I have no use for my physical vessel after death, so I shouldn't care much about what happens to it.
Still, the idea of a bloating white body being ripped apart by worms isn't that pleasent, really. Being burnt (the rest after the usable organs have been taken out ;)) on open water is a very good idea, but hard to accomplish, I think.

I am a big believer in organ donation myself!  When I turned legal age the first thing I did was sign an organ donation card.
I encourage anyone and everyone to consider it. (I certainly respect those who decline for personal or religious reasons)
In the event of an untimely death its nice to know you can do some good for someone else and that a little piece of you carries on.

Zitat von: "MetalRN"
Burned for sure, I like the idea of being scattered at a favorite place of mine or at some special location.

I was planning on keeping you in an urn on the mantlepiece but maybe you'd wish to be scattered at a metal concert?? :lol:

The Metal RN

• Gast
BURNED OR BURIED?
« Antwort #7 am: April 08, 2005, 03:33:57 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"
Zitat von: "Odin"

I am a big believer in organ donation myself!  When I turned legal age the first thing I did was sign an organ donation card.
I encourage anyone and everyone to consider it. (I certainly respect those who decline for personal or religious reasons)
In the event of an untimely death its nice to know you can do some good for someone else and that a little piece of you carries on.

I can totally agree, and encourage any and all to think about it as well. It is a truly amazing gift to give.

Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"

Zitat von: "MetalRN"

I was planning on keeping you in an urn on the mantlepiece but maybe you'd wish to be scattered at a metal concert?? :lol:

I thought that you were going to do that new technique that turns the carbon from the cremation process into a pretty diamond and wear me around your neck.  :D

dorian jane

• Gast
BURNED OR BURIED?
« Antwort #8 am: April 08, 2005, 09:41:51 Vormittag »
Regarding Odin's, Metalmaiden's and Metal RN's posts: I agree.Organ donation is one of the utmost altruistic, non-selfish gestures from a human being to another.

Zitat
I thought that you were going to do that new technique that turns the carbon from the cremation process into a pretty diamond and wear me around your neck.

Ohhhh, such a romantic soul !!! and maybe there could be an inscription on it ,like "and i will love you still my dear till all the seas go dry, till all the seas go dry my dear, and the rocks melt with the sun"....

Metalmaiden

• Gast
BURNED OR BURIED?
« Antwort #9 am: April 08, 2005, 03:28:50 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "dorian jane"
Regarding Odin's, Metalmaiden's and Metal RN's posts: I agree.Organ donation is one of the utmost altruistic, non-selfish gestures from a human being to another.

Zitat
I thought that you were going to do that new technique that turns the carbon from the cremation process into a pretty diamond and wear me around your neck.

Ohhhh, such a romantic soul !!! and maybe there could be an inscription on it ,like "and i will love you still my dear till all the seas go dry, till all the seas go dry my dear, and the rocks melt with the sun"....

Actually I'd LOVE to do that. I find the idea comforting to keep your truelove close to your heart so to speak. Its very romantic.
I've heard some people though say they found it morbid or disgusting.

dorian jane

• Gast
BURNED OR BURIED?
« Antwort #10 am: April 08, 2005, 04:21:49 Nachmittag »
Zitat
Actually I'd LOVE to do that. I find the idea comforting to keep your truelove close to your heart so to speak. Its very romantic.
I've heard some people though say they found it morbid or disgusting.

Yeah..but doesn't that give you the feeling that these people haven't really felt in their bones the power of love?  (I mean i've witnessed hundreds of times my father changing my mother's slipads , helping her eat, stand up , walk- things unthought of, unbearable to others- simply because he loves her so much...
Well, go tell him that  keeping his true love close to his heart is morbid or disgusting).

Morbid is the idea of people who never felt real love.
Disgusting is the idea of having to deal with such people every day.

The Metal RN

• Gast
BURNED OR BURIED?
« Antwort #11 am: April 08, 2005, 07:00:52 Nachmittag »
Very well said Dorian Jane!!! I admire couples like your parents. Being without my beloved is something that I just can not comprehend, I would do anything she needed, forever, as she wishes........

dorian jane

• Gast
BURNED OR BURIED?
« Antwort #12 am: April 09, 2005, 02:44:30 Vormittag »
What i oughta say now ? They just make me wanna be a better person... (even better? nahh, this can't be done !!!  :wink: ) -  (and as i'm so moved by all this right now)..thanks, and Yeha Noha to both of you!!!

This Dying Soul

• Gast
BURNED OR BURIED?
« Antwort #13 am: April 09, 2005, 03:12:55 Vormittag »
Burnt.. as it says in the Bible, "Ashes to Ashes, and Dust to Dust"......

and then I want to be taken out to Nea Bay in Washington state in the spring time when the tides are going to Alaska so that they can carry me home to my bodys final restin place....

Mas

• Gast
BURNED OR BURIED?
« Antwort #14 am: Mai 05, 2005, 12:59:28 Vormittag »
I prefer Burned because i dont like the idea in the ground.,