Autor Thema: Review: Where have all the Falconer-melodies gone?  (Gelesen 13581 mal)

wurzel

• Gast
Review: Where have all the Falconer-melodies gone?
« am: Mai 06, 2005, 09:39:01 Nachmittag »
Review "Grime vs. Grandeur"

Sorry, that I have to say that this album is not so good like the other’s. In my opinion this album has a completely new sound as the others. You can’t compare it with the other albums. At first listening I only like one track ”The Assailant”.  In my point of view is this song the best one, although it has this new “rock sound” (not melodic metal sound). The song “I refuse” is most comparable with the old songs, because the refrain has the typical Falconer-melody. But in the most songs I miss these melodies, just the same way I miss the brilliant variations (like in “Mindtraveller”). Now to my questions: Can it be that Stefan was a little bit inspired from his friends of Axenstar, by writing the melody to ”Child of the Wild”? Why need Kristoffer so often female voices that helps him in the higher vocal –positions? Why do you so often use this “mass-singing” in the refrains, you didn’t done it before, did you?

Please write me your opinions to the new album “Grime vs. Grandeur” !

Pettor

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: Mai 07, 2005, 02:53:14 Nachmittag »
I think this is perfect.

The last album was everything but Falconer. Now again the powerful bass and chorus vocals are here. The songs are very catchy. Actually this is one superb album. There is only one song  i dont like, "The Return" and that's most because i don't like growling. I think there also are some parts that really sound like old Falconer. In Child of the Wild there is a slow part at 3:35 that is really Falconerisch. And all your talk about Kristoffer getting help with vocals, well in my opinion i think it's because it sound so damn great !

OK i must say i liked the old Singer little more, "Lord of the Blacksmiths" really shows of some great vocal skills. But Kristoffer got some really nice skills to and this album is more fitting to his voice than for exemple the last album.

I think this album is great and the right way for Falconer.

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Mai 08, 2005, 09:40:36 Vormittag »
Ok to answer your questions.

The Assailant and I refuse: Two of the songs that people say sounds the least FALCONER, and you think they are the ones that sounds the most FALCONER.

Why do we use a female singer. If it were because of the high parts they would have sang on other places on the album. We do it because it sounds good, just as we did on the first album.

Big choruses with choirs. Well, if you don´t like that PLEASE don´t listen more to us because I think that´s the high point of the album so you will defenately get more to complain about in the future.

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Mai 08, 2005, 11:23:01 Vormittag »
Oooops, I was the one who answered without being logged in.

Kristoffer

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Mai 08, 2005, 12:39:48 Nachmittag »
Totally agree with you Stefan, my friend!
I really can't undersrtand where this dude came from.
Falconer has never done anything like "I Refuse" and "The Assilant" before. I can't even imagine where you got that from mr. Wurzel. I respect your opinion but totally disagree. And the so called "mass-singing" is no other than our selves. Just to bring more dynamics to the songs.
Female voices in Falconer are pretty rare and therefor very beautiful. There will be girls in the songs in the future too. So if it bothers you, please buy someone elses CD. Then you don't have to be upset again.
I love the new album and I'm extremely proud to have been a part of  producing it.
It's an honor for me, and I guess all mebers of Falconer, to bring this album to our fans. I'm pretty sure many do enyoj it.
Best regards.

/ Kriss

wurzel

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Mai 11, 2005, 12:54:28 Nachmittag »
It's a pity that you missunderstand me. I've never said that this album is bad, but it isn't also outstanding. Moreover I've only said that in my point of view "I refuse" is  most Falconer(not "The Assailant").
In my opinion (and I'm not the only one) the most songs are missing the catchy tune, the magic that symbolizes the other albums "Falconer", "Capters from ..." and "The sceptre...".
These albums you can hear thousand times and you will everytime find a new part that  surprise you and fill you with enthusiasm.
I thought only, it helps you (also in the musical view), if you hear other opinions, expect these "It's perfect"-opinions.

In addition:

This dude came from Germany-Berlin (Perhaps we have an other taste as the Swedish people?)
And why didn't you answer of the "inspire of Axenstar"-question?

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Mai 11, 2005, 04:36:51 Nachmittag »
Of course it good to hear all kinds of opinions. It´s just that your opinion sometimes goes eactly towards other Falconer fans. But versitile tastes is only good.

"Child of the wild", one of the most FALCONER sounding songs is in NO WAY inspired by AXENSTAR. I just thought that the album needed one song that old falconer fans should like. Ok if you might say that "The Assailant" is inspired by Judas Priest for example but "Child....", well that´s pure Falconer style.

You Germans (and southern countries) like those folk elements, I know that. That might be the only thing separating you from the rest.

By the way, if you listen to "Sceptre...." a thousand times and still feel enthusiastic, well then you and me are very different. Ha ha.

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Mai 11, 2005, 04:39:04 Nachmittag »
erm... who did that last posting?
Kriss? Stefan?   :?:

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Mai 11, 2005, 05:37:54 Nachmittag »
Fucking shit. I keep getting logged out, allthough I don´t know it.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #9 am: Mai 11, 2005, 05:57:44 Nachmittag »
I think you can choose to stay logged in at the log in dialogue... but I can hardly remember, because I did not log out since... errr... months.  :)

But you can always have a quick look at the top navigation ("FAQ, Search, Memberlist...") to check your status: Lower row, rightmost item. If you're logged in, it reads "Log out [ Stefan W ]".
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

K. Beckman

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Mai 12, 2005, 06:38:16 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Stefan W"
Fucking shit. I keep getting logged out, allthough I don´t know it.

Do we got a hacker here? :roll:  :laugh:

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: Mai 12, 2005, 08:11:35 Nachmittag »
Hmmmm, must have done a cookie clean-up or something, but I don´t remember it.

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Mai 13, 2005, 06:50:01 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Stefan W"
but I don´t remember it.

Too much booze?  :D

Malek

• Gast
Grime Vs Granduer
« Antwort #13 am: Mai 16, 2005, 02:48:58 Vormittag »
Hey Stefan, not sure if you'll remember me, but I have a shirt sent from you with your signature on heh heh!! I love it!!!

Anyway, the first and second album for me will always be my favourite, it's a sound that got me in love with Falconer

But I'm loving Grime Vs Granduer, especially "Jack The Ripper!!!" It's amazing, and the album as whole is definately improved on Sceptre of Deception, I think Kristoffer is now very much known as the singer of Falconer now and not just a new voice.

Keep up the good work, I was over the moon when your FOURTH album came out, intense!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO A GIG IN THE UK, PLEASE PLEASE I love you guys!!!

Metal Missionary

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: Mai 16, 2005, 06:15:32 Nachmittag »
I think the new album sounds like Falconer all the way.  You can tell right away by just the sound of the guitars.  There might not be as many refrains as in previous works but the songs that don't have them sound just as good as those that don't have them.  Might possibly be the best CD I've gotten in quite a while.