Autor Thema: Review: Where have all the Falconer-melodies gone?  (Gelesen 13580 mal)

Anonymous

• Gast
Review: Where have all the Falconer-melodies gone?
« Antwort #15 am: Juni 05, 2005, 07:08:25 Nachmittag »
In my oppinion, Göbbels will allways be falconers "new" voice. I'm sorry to say this, but falconer has taken a turn for the worse now. First you release the album A sceptre of deception, which didn't have a single really good song, except the little bonus thingy with Mathias.

And then you do this new album, that's even worse, seriously, get Mathias back and stay as a studio band. Either you should go back to being falconer again (which I would really recomend!), or you change names and play this new music under that name, and loose all your old fans, and try to get some new ones, as you have already started to do ...

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: Juni 05, 2005, 08:16:23 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Anonymous"
In my oppinion, Göbbels will allways be falconers "new" voice.

Please notice the difference between K. Göbels (Falconer vocalist) and J. Göbbels (Nazi idiot).
I don't think they are related.

Greetz,

Tex

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: Juni 06, 2005, 08:58:56 Vormittag »
Have  you noticed that people that are this negative and militant like the "guest" above seldomly mention their name. he he.

K. Beckman

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: Juni 06, 2005, 10:34:13 Vormittag »
Whimp.

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: Juni 06, 2005, 02:06:56 Nachmittag »
People need to realise that they don't "own" a band just because they are fans. The day an act start writing music to please other people is the day they become irrelevant.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: Juni 06, 2005, 04:26:31 Nachmittag »
Here's my appraisal (and look, I even made it under my user name!  :wink: )

I finally got the album and...well...I'm just not sure how I feel.  I like Emotional Skies, but the rest of the album just...I don't know.  It's definitely heavier than what I'm used to from Falconer.  The last album was a good transition from Matthias to Kristoffer.  I think if the last album had sounded like this one fans would have reacted even more negatively than they did to Sceptre.  That's not saying Kristoffer is a bad vocallist (he's not!  He's fantastic!) it's just that Falconer's sound seems to have made a drastic change with the vocallist change.

So I can't honestly say I agree with the people that say that this new album sounds more like the old Falconer.  I don't think it does.  But it still doesn't sound like anything else out there, which works in the band's favor.

I'm going to listen to the album again on my way to the barn today.  Perhaps it will grow on me.  I didn't much care for HammerFall's new album either, but now I listen to it almost daily.  So perhaps Falconer's Grime vs. Grandure will grow on me as well.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: Juni 07, 2005, 09:01:48 Nachmittag »
As predicted, the album grew on me.

Also, Jack the Ripper is stuck in my head.

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: Juni 07, 2005, 09:02:07 Nachmittag »
The reason I didn't write my name Is because I haven't made myself the time to create an account. My name is Svante, although I don't considder my last post to be "negative and militant". I'm merely stating facts. Of all the people I know and have spoken too, not one person thinks switching to Göbels for vocals and changing the style of music is good. Anyways, I'll have to agree with the one who said that just because you are a fan, you don't own the band, so keep doing your thing, if it's what you want.

But sad to say, it's my beliefe that you will loose a lot of fans.

edit by the Allfather: Fixed spelling of Kris' surname...

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: Juni 08, 2005, 01:42:04 Vormittag »
The reason I didn't write my name Is because I haven't made myself the time to create an account. My name is Svante, although I don't considder my last post to be "negative and militant". I'm merely stating facts. Of all the people I know and have spoken too, not one person thinks switching to Göbels for vocals and changing the style of music is good. Anyways, I'll have to agree with the one who said that just because you are a fan, you don't own the band, so keep doing your thing, if it's what you want.
But sad to say, it's my beliefe that you will loose a lot of fans.

I personally wouldn't care less if you stated yr name or otherwise...
This whole thing reminds me of what happened between some old Sarissa fans and the new Sarissa cd released.. BANDS JUST HAVE GOT TO EXPAND THEIR MUSIC my friend, whether some like it or not..they just CANNOT play what they used to years ago.Do you know what the word MATURE means?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: Juni 08, 2005, 03:12:19 Vormittag »
It's the metal band paradox:  Keep your sound the same, and people complain that it's the same.  Change your sound as you grow, and people complain that you don't sound the same.

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: Juni 08, 2005, 10:01:10 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"
It's the metal band paradox:  Keep your sound the same, and people complain that it's the same.  Change your sound as you grow, and people complain that you don't sound the same.

Which reminds me of a song that goes: If you don't like what you're hearing, get the f..k out!
 :twisted:

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: Juni 08, 2005, 12:59:59 Nachmittag »
i bought the cd Grime vs. Grandeur , and i realy love this album, its very different and i love it when band changed the music!  :bluebanger:

chris

• Gast
dette er perfekt!
« Antwort #27 am: Juni 10, 2005, 02:25:34 Nachmittag »
i think this record was just was falconer needed, fresh sound into a ever evolving band !

Falconer - Iron Maiden !"!

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: Juni 10, 2005, 05:50:36 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "dorian jane"
Do you know what the word MATURE means?

Yeah, I know what it means ... And you could use some maturing. Acting like a 14 year old won't get you very far in a discussion, nor will it take you anywhere to meet someones oppinions with pure bullshit, which you do.

And bands have to expand, yes, I think so too, but going this direction isn't good for this band, regardless of what they think about their own music now. Perhaps they will find new fans with this new "hammerfall sort" of music, but the fans who used to love the old falconer style songs are deffinitely having trouble keeping up the love for the music when the band has taken a turn like this. But hey, it's no my band, I don't think that anything that anyone says can change the music that they want to play, I'm just sad to say that the things that made Falconer a pioneer in metal music is no more, and now they have started to sound much like any other band ...

And the stuff about, if you don't like what you are hearing, then get the fuck out...

Well, that's what most of their fans are doing now, me myself included.

Now, feel free to make more childish comments about me being immature or whatever, I won't dignify it with an answer, but if you want to discuss like a grown up, then feel free to, and I will answer.

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: Juni 10, 2005, 06:57:54 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "dorian jane"
Do you know what the word MATURE means?

Yeah, I know what it means ... And you could use some maturing. Acting like a 14 year old won't get you very far in a discussion, nor will it take you anywhere to meet someones oppinions with pure bullshit, which you do.

And bands have to expand, yes, I think so too, but going this direction isn't good for this band, regardless of what they think about their own music now. Perhaps they will find new fans with this new "hammerfall sort" of music, but the fans who used to love the old falconer style songs are deffinitely having trouble keeping up the love for the music when the band has taken a turn like this. But hey, it's no my band, I don't think that anything that anyone says can change the music that they want to play, I'm just sad to say that the things that made Falconer a pioneer in metal music is no more, and now they have started to sound much like any other band ...

And the stuff about, if you don't like what you are hearing, then get the fuck out...

Well, that's what most of their fans are doing now, me myself included.

Now, feel free to make more childish comments about me being immature or whatever, I won't dignify it with an answer, but if you want to discuss like a grown up, then feel free to, and I will answer.

I suggest you read all the above posts more carefully.
I also suggest you read again that post of mine which offended you so much and then you might just realise that by saying mature i didn't mean you but the band (evolving and maturing).
And if you think you can offend me by saying that i could use some maturing , well, if i can act like a 14 year old while being the age i'm, i see it as a previlege and not as a disadvantage and i thank you for the compliment.