Autor Thema: Review: Where have all the Falconer-melodies gone?  (Gelesen 13574 mal)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Review: Where have all the Falconer-melodies gone?
« Antwort #30 am: Juni 10, 2005, 08:41:38 Nachmittag »
Falconer's new sound is "Hammerfall?"  Wow, that's news to me.  Considering I have every one of HammerFall and Falconer's albums, I can honestly say the the two bands are obviously very different.

It's sad that people think by threatening a band by saying "You've just lost yourself a fan!" will make the band change.

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #31 am: Juni 10, 2005, 09:46:06 Nachmittag »
Just as a humble side note: I, too, feel that Grime vs. Grandeur has slight sonds of Hammerfall in it. It is not obvious copying, or something like that, but certain parts might as well be a part of a Hammerfall song.

This is not meant as critique, as I like Hammerfall as well as Falconer, but it is one thing I noticed when I listened to Grime 1st time.
I don't think this is necessarily bad, as for example the latest Slayer album has a distinct 'new metal' quality to it and I like it none the less.
:)

Greetz

Tex

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: Juni 10, 2005, 10:35:44 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "TexJoachim"
Just as a humble side note: I, too, feel that Grime vs. Grandeur has slight sonds of Hammerfall in it. It is not obvious copying, or something like that, but certain parts might as well be a part of a Hammerfall song.

This is not meant as critique, as I like Hammerfall as well as Falconer, but it is one thing I noticed when I listened to Grime 1st time.
I don't think this is necessarily bad, as for example the latest Slayer album has a distinct 'new metal' quality to it and I like it none the less.

Greetz

Tex

As an obsessive HammerFall fan, I can honestly say I haven't noticed.  Which songs?  Maybe I'll notice it now. ;)

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: Juni 10, 2005, 10:46:42 Nachmittag »
Don't remember the actual parts of the songs.
I didn't bother to make notes.

Greetz,

Tex

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #34 am: Juni 11, 2005, 12:32:50 Vormittag »
The thing that strikes me as most "hammerfall" are the mass quires at the refarin, and the sound has been speeded up, giving it more hammerfallish sound ...

Anyways, I don't think I will influence the band in any way by saying that I don't like their music, but this is a forum for discussing falconer and their music, not only a forum for appraisal and aproving of their music.

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: Juni 11, 2005, 12:38:12 Vormittag »
And besides, I don't think loosing a fan is their main problem, Since I will still be buying their cd:s, hoping that they will change in a way that I like. And after all, I think money is an important factor for any band. Even more important then fame and a good reputation!

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #36 am: Juni 11, 2005, 12:24:10 Nachmittag »
I don't know what this talk is all about.
"Yeah, they're gonna lose fans of their 'old style'" and stuff....
Isn't that always gonna happen?

I bet some fans where pissed of with "Chapters...." and would have preferred an album more in the style of "Falconer".
And there are most certainly people who hated "Sceptre..."
So yeah, there'll always be people who feel disappointed and some of them might even start to ignore the band.

SO WHAT?!

It's virutally IMPOSSIBLE to satisfy everyone, so why bother trying?

There have been peoople on this forum who said that "Grime..." is to them like the self titled first album.
Then there are people like our "Guest" (who doesn't really behave like one) who seem to feel offended by an album like "Grime..."

So what does this show to us?

Yeah, that it's actually a versatile album. One which hardcore Falconites might hate or even dearly love. And both is the case.
So there is no need in saying "You're gonna lose all the fans of old" and stuff... because they most definitely won't.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #37 am: Juni 12, 2005, 10:43:06 Vormittag »
You're welcome to sign up in order to participate in enduring discussions.

Zitat

Perhaps they will find new fans with this new "hammerfall sort" of music, but the fans who used to love the old falconer style songs are deffinitely having trouble keeping up the love for the music when the band has taken a turn like this.

Please, do only speak for yourself, you cannotgeneralize your point of view to include "the fans".
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #38 am: Juni 12, 2005, 11:40:19 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Anonymous"
And besides, I don't think loosing a fan is their main problem, Since I will still be buying their cd:s, hoping that they will change in a way that I like. And after all, I think money is an important factor for any band. Even more important then fame and a good reputation!

i think you dont realise that the most bands pay for you to watch them. this has nothing to do with money and getting famous like Michael Jackson.