Autor Thema: New design!  (Gelesen 7931 mal)

K. Beckman

• Gast
New design!
« am: Mai 14, 2005, 08:16:30 Vormittag »
Just want to say that the new homepage is great. And a new guestbook that works. Not bad. ;)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
New design!
« Antwort #1 am: Mai 14, 2005, 10:34:53 Vormittag »
Oh yes, very well done!
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

The Blacksmith

• Gast
Re: New design!
« Antwort #2 am: Mai 14, 2005, 12:35:55 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "K. Beckman"
Just want to say that the new homepage is great. And a new guestbook that works. Not bad. ;)

Thanks!  :P  I'm sorry about that old guestbook... I've had a few angry discussions with that host...  :evil:
And as I said before; I hope you all like it... and I'm working on the picture- and the members-section right now so I hope to have it done tomorrow evening or monday...
Have patience with me...

Prab

• Gast
New design!
« Antwort #3 am: Mai 14, 2005, 01:07:46 Nachmittag »
WELL DONE!  :)
This looks nice!

Although the main window appears a litte small to me. But that might be because my screen resolution is higher than 1024x768.

Everything feels fresh and new!

And I saw THIS HERE and decided that I want to have one! :D Are more shirt designs coming?

The Blacksmith

• Gast
New design!
« Antwort #4 am: Mai 14, 2005, 02:51:38 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Prab"

Although the main window appears a litte small to me. But that might be because my screen resolution is higher than 1024x768.

The reason for the size is that I want it to work on hires-screens as well as screens down to 800x600.. But it's "optimized" for 1024x768 as it's still the most used res.
I'm glad you all like it!  :twisted:

Mindtraveller

• Gast
New design!
« Antwort #5 am: Mai 14, 2005, 09:34:07 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Prab"
And I saw THIS HERE and decided that I want to have one! :D

I'm definitely sending the money for one this monday. And I'm so glad there are M sized ones; for once, I can get a shirt from a band I like that actually fits. :D

Anonymous

• Gast
New design!
« Antwort #6 am: Mai 16, 2005, 02:13:37 Vormittag »
I'm running Firefox as my browser and 1400x1050 and the page looks very bad. I can post a screenshot if you want. I can see how it is "supposedt" to look but it isn't being rendered that way. In IE it looks the same, I think it is my resolution ...

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
New design!
« Antwort #7 am: Mai 16, 2005, 09:15:21 Vormittag »
I have the same config (Firefox and 1400x1050) and it looks correct, because it is opened in a new window manually sized by the page/script...

The Blacksmith

• Gast
New design!
« Antwort #8 am: Mai 16, 2005, 09:20:44 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Anonymous"
I'm running Firefox as my browser and 1400x1050 and the page looks very bad. I can post a screenshot if you want. I can see how it is "supposedt" to look but it isn't being rendered that way. In IE it looks the same, I think it is my resolution ...

Please mail me your screenshot on theforge@bredband.net
Do you enter the site by pressing the enter-button on www.falconermusic.com??
I've tested the site with Firefox in many different resolutions and it works great for me...
The only differance between IE and Firefox should be the color of the scrollbars..

Anonymous

• Gast
New design!
« Antwort #9 am: Mai 17, 2005, 06:37:58 Nachmittag »
If tabbed browsing is enabled in Firefox, it will ignore javascript window sizing and just open it in a full page, at least on this particular site. Just browsing to falconermusic.com, then a regular click on the link, and the site opens in a new tab with the layout errors. Right click -> open in new window does the same thing.

TexJoachim

• Gast
New design!
« Antwort #10 am: Mai 17, 2005, 08:34:11 Nachmittag »
If I may add my € 0.02:
a) the site is finally usable at 800x600, great improvement
b) there is a typo on a button: it should read "Merchandise", not "Merchandice"

All in all, I like it!

Greetz,

Tex

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
New design!
« Antwort #11 am: Mai 17, 2005, 08:51:12 Nachmittag »
If tabbed browsing is enabled in Firefox, it will ignore javascript window sizing and just open it in a full page, at least on this particular site. Just browsing to falconermusic.com, then a regular click on the link, and the site opens in a new tab with the layout errors. Right click -> open in new window does the same thing.

Cannot confirm that. I am using Firefox (1.0 currently) with tabbed browsing and popup blocker enabled and it acts correctly opening a new window in adjusted size. There are probably more configuration options for this behaviour. :)

The Blacksmith

• Gast
New design!
« Antwort #12 am: Mai 17, 2005, 11:48:04 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "TexJoachim"

b) there is a typo on a button: it should read "Merchandise", not "Merchandice"

Oops! I'll correct it when I have the time... Meanwhile, look at it as a limited edition, unique, one-of-a-kind button... ok?  :wink:

Mindtraveller

• Gast
New design!
« Antwort #13 am: Mai 18, 2005, 01:01:51 Vormittag »

Same here. The problem arises with tabbed browsers; the site opens as a regular window, ignoring the size indicated in the script.

Here's a proportional example of how it looks:

Metalmaiden

• Gast
New design!
« Antwort #14 am: Mai 18, 2005, 02:08:47 Vormittag »
Looks the same as above for me using Opera.