Autor Thema: Question & Answer Thread  (Gelesen 11069 mal)

Prab

• Gast
Question & Answer Thread
« Antwort #30 am: Juni 04, 2005, 12:38:52 Nachmittag »
@Angel of Musik & Tex

STOP! GUYS! I'M HERE TOO! ME TOO! LAST UNICORN ROCKS!

I remember when I saw that movie the VERY FIRST time on TV when I was about ten years old or eleven.
I was really deeply moved. It's beauty. It's dreams. It's tragedy. Another world.

I've watched the movie a couple of times since then. The impact never diminishes. It's as beautiful as years ago.

The music is just so.... like everyone knows it. People I hang out with, all are familiar with The Last Unicorn music (especially the title track!).  
It's such an awesome combination of animation and music. Those two elements fit together.. no.. BELONG to each other, none would be perfect without the other.
Excellence!

As you can see, here's another guy who's been enchanted by that tale :) (@AngelofMusic: and I'm NOT GAY! ;) )

I'm planing on checking out the original novel and getting the original soundtrack on CD.

Oh and lest I forget, the animated movie from 1982 is becoming a live action movie. Due out 2006.
It's difficult material and they better be careful.

Check these links out

The Last Unicorn Movie Website (click)

"Latest on the Live Action LAST UNICORN Flick" from AintitCool.com (click)

TexJoachim

• Gast
Question & Answer Thread
« Antwort #31 am: Juni 04, 2005, 04:16:40 Nachmittag »
I own the original soundtrack. And I have a copy of the novel, too.
I'm still missing the DVD, though.

Greetz,

Tex

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Question & Answer Thread
« Antwort #32 am: Juni 04, 2005, 07:59:20 Nachmittag »
I was just about to suggest you boys read the novel.  They didn't deviate hardly at all when they turned it into a movie.  I was thrilled. :)

At least we won't have to hear Mia Farrow sing in the live action one (I hope!)  That was my only gripe with the music.  Mia Farrow is a good actress, but singing is NOT her strong point.  She'll be Molly Grue in the new movie.  Y AY! :)

Anonymous

• Gast
Question & Answer Thread
« Antwort #33 am: Juni 05, 2005, 05:55:21 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "TexJoachim"
You'd be amazed about the movies I like. I have "Beauty and the Beast" right next to "The Evil Dead", "Scream" and "The Incredibles". Tex

hey man my shelf reads:
Braveheart, Iron Maiden: Rock In Rio, Lion King, Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster, Tour Of Duty season 1 & 2, Power Rangers.

:)

Anonymous

• Gast
Question & Answer Thread
« Antwort #34 am: Juli 09, 2005, 05:52:56 Nachmittag »
holy crap, you boys sure got off topic quickly!

Falconer related Question:
Does anyone know if Portals of Light is based on an actul person or not?