Autor Thema: The most stupid thing that came to my mind  (Gelesen 7921 mal)

Virvatuli

• Gast
The most stupid thing that came to my mind
« am: Oktober 05, 2004, 07:38:49 Nachmittag »
Do you think that the sociaty is too tight and makes people to stop listning to metal while they get older? Like, when you go to work you need to dress in something else than a letherjacket and if you're a bussdriver you're probably not aloud to play Dimmu Borgir in a bus... while the other drivers are playing some really irritating popsongs...

Some of my friends have stopped listning to metal music when they turned 22 or something... because they have to listen to pop 8 hours a day and the got brainwashed ;)
And one had to cut his beautiful long hair to be able to get a his current job... (I could go on about this one... Men with long hair... yeah..)

But so, what do you think or am I just a stupid chick with no brains?

P.S... You, yeah... you... Don't take everything I've said so sereously...And yeah... Especially you who were going to complain about my englisg mistakes in this text...

gargantouas

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 05, 2004, 07:46:22 Nachmittag »
Well I could ask you how old are you...but they dont ask ladies such kind of questions. I wont agree though with what you say since everyone is free to choose what kind of music he/she likes. I think there are a lot of people hitting 40 and being true to metal more than 20 years olds that pretend to be metalheads.
 I dont think age has something to do with it, I recently cut my hair also becuse I was just tired of the long hair...so that is it. :)

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 05, 2004, 08:10:38 Nachmittag »
@gargantouas- you cut your hair?!?!?!? Man you had some awesome tresses!!!! I know how you feel though, I cut my hair after college and I guess that it was to fit in and I needed a change I guess. but as I have gotten older, I have let my hair grow, (before it falls out :cry:) because i want to. I do have a job that no one has ever questioned my long hair and now if I have to I can tie it back  :bla:

To get back to the topic, as you get older and go into the work force you go out and interact with others, and you will exposed to the likings of the masses, which would be popular music (pop). That is what most people like. And some people get used to it. It is hard to just listen to one type of music for so long, variety is the spice of life. When you are in your teens and twenties i think that we tend to get so intense into things that we run the risk of burning out on them. Not evryone but i think that it is a possibility.

Metal

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 05, 2004, 08:49:43 Nachmittag »
Well... I know some of my relatives "stopped" listening to metal at certain age. But even today they dust off their old metal albums and play it loud as hell! :)
Fucking Awesome!  :D

gargantouas

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 05, 2004, 10:07:44 Nachmittag »
Zitat
The Metal RN:you cut your hair?!?!?!? Man you had some awesome tresses!!!! I know how you feel though

Hahahaha, no no problems adjusting lol. I have to tell you I feel much better that I dont have to make all this ritualistic thing after I take the shower...I mean a lot of time to just brush them. Can someone though exaplin me why metalheads use to have long hair???...

Zitat
Well... I know some of my relatives "stopped" listening to metal at certain age. But even today they dust off their old metal albums and play it loud as hell!  
Fucking Awesome!

And that will be the whole truth to the whole story...

K. Beckman

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Oktober 05, 2004, 10:41:04 Nachmittag »
Zitat
Hahahaha, no no problems adjusting lol. I have to tell you I feel much better that I dont have to make all this ritualistic thing after I take the shower...I mean a lot of time to just brush them. Can someone though exaplin me why metalheads use to have long hair???...

Ever heard about headbanging?
I was so close to cut my hair not long ago, but I just can't do it. A huge part of my personallity is in my hair, and my girlfriend would'nt let me. :roll:

gargantouas

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Oktober 05, 2004, 10:44:07 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "K. Beckman"

Ever heard about headbanging?
I was so close to cut my hair not long ago, but I just can't do it. A huge part of my personallity is in my hair, and my girlfriend would'nt let me. :roll:

Well to tell you the truth I have no problem headbanging with short hair...especialy when my head crashes against the wall.Not to tell you that my girlfriend encourages me to cut them off lol

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Oktober 06, 2004, 12:43:26 Nachmittag »
Naa... Don't know where you live gargantouas, but atleast here some still have some serious issues against people who listen to metal - no matter how old they are. And I quess that ageguestion is to know if I'm blond haired 15-year-old girl who likes metal because all of the gorgeous men... (Where are they, btw?;). Nah. My age is a biiiiiiig secret... atleast for awhile...
But well, people see things differently...

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #8 am: Oktober 07, 2004, 11:30:27 Vormittag »
Hehe, you are trying to make us very curious, aren't you? Well, it works. :)

What about an exchange? You tell us your age and we tell you where we brought the gogeous men.  :lol:
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

grym

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Oktober 07, 2004, 02:17:20 Nachmittag »
I'm fine with the thought of what i MIGHT prefer over metal in the future.

As long as i enjoy that music for the music, just as i enjoy metal, then i'm not going to complain. That's like trying to change your tastes, to fit in with the metal community.

I'm very tired right now, so i hope you all see where i'm coming from.

Right now i listen to a large range of things, from metal to classical to the beatles to '80's hair metal. As long as i always follow my musical tastes, i'll be happy listening to music.

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Oktober 07, 2004, 07:15:29 Nachmittag »
Hmmh... sounds nice but I don't have any use for gorgeous men ;)

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Re: The most stupid thing that came to my mind
« Antwort #11 am: Oktober 07, 2004, 07:32:33 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Virvatuli"
Do you think that the sociaty is too tight and makes people to stop listning to metal while they get older? Like, when you go to work you need to dress in something else than a letherjacket and if you're a bussdriver you're probably not aloud to play Dimmu Borgir in a bus... while the other drivers are playing some really irritating popsongs...

Some of my friends have stopped listning to metal music when they turned 22 or something... because they have to listen to pop 8 hours a day and the got brainwashed ;)
And one had to cut his beautiful long hair to be able to get a his current job...

Part of being young is trying different things. I think if these people turned 22 and stopped listening to metal then metal never was their favorite music only what they tried out for a while.  

Your  career chioce can sometimes expect  you to make personal changes in your appearance but it is your true calling then you don't mind. If its just a job and they want you to cut your hair and you want to keep it , then you look for another job.  You need to balence what's important to you.

Also from experience I know that sleeping Infants are not too fond of really loud metal music. Any really loud music for that matter. So when you have kids and want a few minutes of peace while they nap you can't rock out at full volume (with a little one around you are probably too tired anyway. hehe)  But then there are always headphones! :)