Autor Thema: Kiddies at Metal Concerts  (Gelesen 30299 mal)

Prab

• Gast
Kiddies at Metal Concerts
« Antwort #45 am: Oktober 20, 2004, 09:20:06 Vormittag »
@grym

Nu Metal bands don't have double kick and clear vocals?  :?:
In fact I would say it's exactly the other way round :)

Bands like Slipknot or say Disturbed or Chimaira are kind of double kick freaks.
And Corey Taylor from Slipknot didn't really sing clear until the new album (and his other band Stone Sour).

Metal

• Gast
« Antwort #46 am: Oktober 20, 2004, 10:15:08 Nachmittag »
Why discuss NU-Metal (which IMO sucks big time) on the Falconer board  :?:  :?  :(

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #47 am: Oktober 20, 2004, 10:44:18 Nachmittag »
Because that's the way the flow of conversation directed itself.  I don't think anyone planned on discussing nu-metal, it just happened.

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #48 am: Oktober 20, 2004, 11:36:38 Nachmittag »
:lol: Yea, just look at the "First Post..." thread!

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #49 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 08:00:46 Vormittag »
See, that's what I love about this forum!
Our discussions turn out to be so multi-faceted :)

Metal

• Gast
« Antwort #50 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 11:19:18 Vormittag »
Yeah yeah... but why combine NU-Metal with something as awesome as Falconer  :roll:  :wink:

grym

• Gast
« Antwort #51 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 11:41:16 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Prab"
@grym

Nu Metal bands don't have double kick and clear vocals?  :?:
In fact I would say it's exactly the other way round :)

Bands like Slipknot or say Disturbed or Chimaira are kind of double kick freaks.
And Corey Taylor from Slipknot didn't really sing clear until the new album (and his other band Stone Sour).

Oh, i've never heard Chimaira or Stone Sour. I havn't heard Slipknot in a while aswell, but i remember liking Corey T's accent, so his vocals must have been fairly clear. I guess i was just going on mostly second hand knowledge there.

But it is true, for bands like Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park that just get thrown in the nu metal genre. I would call them heavy pop or something.

EDIT: Spelling.

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #52 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 02:22:00 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Metal"
Yeah yeah... but why combine NU-Metal with something as awesome as Falconer  :roll:  :wink:

We're not combining it either.
We're just a bunch of people here, who adore Falconers music, and talk about different topics too. :)
That's all.
Everyone's free to ignore a topic if it's not interesting.

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #53 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 03:54:08 Nachmittag »
If you don't like sub-catagory labels then you shouldn't condem a band  within a general catagory label before you know what it sounds like yourself.

Labeling is a double edged sword. It can be good and bad. Part of those sub-catagories are there to use to seperate out one sound (that one might like) from another sound (that you don't like)  instead of just using a blanket catagory for all.  I mean I like Metal, but not all metal. To tell you what I like I would use adjectives to let you know...symphonic power metal, epic and folk, etc. It is really just short-hand to help convey to others a what something sounds like. Personally, no matter what the label, I am always open to hearing new things and stretching my listening limits of pleasure.

If you ever noticed from other posting or in my signature -- I love the band IDIOT from Sweden. We are always having this conversation because that band just defies any attempt at being catagorized!!  Fans can't do it, their sound changes from song to song or CD to CD, It is funny BUT it is hard when you are trying to get signed with a record label!!!!

ravenhair

• Gast
NU-Metal is a steaming pile of horse shit.
« Antwort #54 am: Oktober 22, 2004, 07:07:27 Vormittag »
i am 17 but i hate all of that nu-metal bullshit. i think it's just a way to look and kinda sound metal. falconer, rhapsody, yetti, chalice, axel rudi pell, iced earth, etc. now that's metal  :bluebanger:

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #55 am: Oktober 22, 2004, 09:54:17 Vormittag »
concering "categories":

I think it depends on whom you're talking to.
If I'm talking to someone who's familiar with metal or heavy music then it's fine for me to say "I like power metal". They'll know what I'm talkin about.

But I've experienced many occasions where people just had a big question mark on their faces when I mentioned the word "power metal". So that's why I choose not to use these subcategories that often. I'm aware of them and of course I use these terms sometimes.
But my former point was just a general one.

If I talk about Falconer to somebody who's not so familiar with heavy music, then I talk about metal first.
I say Falconer is metal. Then I continue by saying that this particular kind of metal is called power metal. Then I describe it like "very melodious and heavy at the same time" or "for the most part clear singing but sometimes still with a raspy edge" or stuff like that.

The whole story is different when talking to some metalhead at a rock pub. I say I listen to power metal and he goes like "Oh, like Hammerfall or Stratovarius or Blind Guardian?" and I go like "yeah kind of. rather like Falconer, Sonata Arctica or Rhapsody". :)
You know what I mean?

I'm not a declared opponent of subcategories, they can be usefull too, yeah.
But still I feel like the trend nowadays goes towards "finding a category for every single band and song". That's what I think is not really necessary.

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #56 am: November 20, 2004, 10:56:40 Vormittag »
i think its cool to see kids on a metal concert/festival, i think we need to suport this kids, music has nothing to do with age, and the kids i have met on festivals are very relaxt too.
To bad is that a festival or concert is so expenseve for young people, i pay the most tickets for my son.

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #57 am: November 20, 2004, 08:08:25 Nachmittag »
Welcome Mas!!! Nice to have some new blood around here.  (and another parent as well) Hope we'll be seeing your posts in days to come. :cheers:

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #58 am: November 20, 2004, 09:07:45 Nachmittag »
Thank u Metalmaiden  :banger2: nice to meet you too. i do my best with the english languase i am not that good in talking english, ill be ok i think.

Arthyron

• Gast
« Antwort #59 am: November 20, 2004, 10:47:55 Nachmittag »
Yeah, kids can be annoying sometimes, but at the concerts I go to there are rarely any kids there (I'm 19 btw).  As most of the concerts are too mature in taste for children (like Nightwish) or are like local bands on college campuses that have concerts on campus.  Especially in the moshpits.  If little kids got in the moshpits with guys like me (6'2" 300 lbs) they would get trampled.