Autor Thema: Kiddies at Metal Concerts  (Gelesen 30371 mal)

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Kiddies at Metal Concerts
« Antwort #60 am: November 21, 2004, 04:07:16 Vormittag »
Hahahaha! Arthyron, you ARE the kids that I was talking about....well, NOT you personally, I am sure you aren't one of these obnoxious kids we have been talking about. But "kid" is relative to one's own age. While I was  talking about anyone under 22, kids to you are probably those under 16.  
But obnoxious people at concerts can  be people of any age. I've seen people way older than myself behaving extremely badly and making things very unpleasant for all around them. While kids have the excuse of lack of experience those older people should know better.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #61 am: November 21, 2004, 10:48:32 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"
While kids have the excuse of lack of experience those older people should know better.

100% agree.  

But remember, people grow older; they don't always mature. ;)

Arthyron

• Gast
« Antwort #62 am: November 22, 2004, 08:30:23 Nachmittag »
Well, you wouldn't know I was 19 if you saw me, I look more like about 25 or  so (it's the beard).

btw...I can't seem to login normally, weird.  I guess I'll have to get a new user name. *shrug*

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Re: .....
« Antwort #63 am: November 22, 2004, 08:59:25 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Arthyron"
..I can't seem to login normally, weird.  I guess I'll have to get a new user name. *shrug*

Just PM an administrator. They'll most likely be able to fix it.

TexJoachim

• Gast
Re: .....
« Antwort #64 am: November 22, 2004, 10:06:36 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Arthyron"
btw...I can't seem to login normally, weird.  I guess I'll have to get a new user name. *shrug*

I just had a look: no user with the name "Arthyron" is registered on these boards.
You did register before? I have no idea why the username should vanish into oblivion...

Greetz,

Tex

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #65 am: November 22, 2004, 10:17:49 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"
While kids have the excuse of lack of experience those older people should know better.

100% agree.  

But remember, people grow older; they don't always mature. ;)

Very good point there !
I may believe what my wife says like ten times a day, I will never mature !!

:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #66 am: November 23, 2004, 04:38:11 Vormittag »
Metalmaiden would say the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solitaryshell

• Gast
« Antwort #67 am: Dezember 06, 2004, 12:16:22 Vormittag »
I think this topic is a non-sense...Do you think really exist a right age for beginning listening good music?
In my opinion music is feeling, music is all my life (I love dream theater in particular 8) )...and I'm 17 years old...I "feel" music exactly like a 23-yeaers-old-person can feel it...
A concert is an exalting experience for people of any ages...Do you remember your first concert?how old were you?what did you feel?

(excuse me for my english.. :oops:   I don't speak it very well...I hope you've understood me)

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #68 am: Dezember 06, 2004, 08:25:46 Vormittag »
You're english is pretty solid, no doubt about that :)

But did you actually read this whole thread?
This isn't about complaining about young people on concerts, no, it's about one's experience with kids at metal concerts.
Some people had really good and some mostly bad experiences with them. Some don't have any at all.

But over all we came to the conclusion, that it's not a matter of age rather than maturity :)

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #69 am: Dezember 06, 2004, 07:53:12 Nachmittag »
oh--well...I must confess I've not red the whole thread... :roll:
But..ok..."that it's not a matter of age rather than maturity "...I'm perfectly agree with you..That's what I wanted to say..^_^

therisenevil

• Gast
« Antwort #70 am: Mai 14, 2005, 06:45:06 Nachmittag »
Well, I think I am one of those "kiddies" you talk about.
I am 15. I think many people that give young fans no chance make the linfe of younger Fans often very hard...
I know  what you mean, many of them whoin my opinion have no sense of music really piss me off. But also many people that are older and have no tolerance for younger kids piss me off even more. Everyone has the right to listen to that music that he likes, and noone has the right to judge them for that. A metalhead should be tolerant ebough to understand that. All those people, in the past were "kiddies", too. The problem is, that many of these kids listen to the music, just to be part of a group. This, of course, is not restricted to metal. Why do people lsietn to Hip Hop. Rareley because they really like it. It is the same with metal. All these kids who listen to Korn etc. just want to show how "angry" they are, just to be part of this "angry" group.
But still, there are people who listen to music, because they like it, and if that doesen't fit them they are not better than the mentioned above wannabies. People should be tolerant, then we would not have such problems!

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #71 am: Mai 14, 2005, 07:49:50 Nachmittag »
Well said! You are very welcome to register and participate in the discussions on these boards more often. :)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #72 am: Mai 15, 2005, 07:42:44 Nachmittag »
Nice to see that old topics come alive again.

I could share something with you guys, about annoying people at concerts...
I was 11-12 when I was at my very first Finntroll gig. Of course it was great, and people moshed, head-banged and had a lot of fun. But nobody got hurt. And the feeling was so intensive and just plain great.

The few last times I've been to a Finntroll-gig, I have to say I haven't liked the mood. There are people (usually young boys) messing around, pushing each other around (and everyone else in that matter)... they went quite bersek, imo.
Now if someone is wondering why I find this bad, after all, the boys must be having a good time... just imagine that there are also young, tiny little girls (not talking about myself, by the way ;) ) who might fall, as happened, and get run over, which can be rather dangerous.
And it takes your attention away from the show if you need to see that you won't get hurt.
Just makes me sad and annoyed at the same time, when people don't think that they might ruin somebodys evening by messing around like that :/
Nah, I guess kids are kids, and boys are boys, ehm?

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #73 am: Mai 15, 2005, 09:04:08 Nachmittag »
I partially agree with you Virvatuli.

If somebody freaks out and let's loose KNOWING that there are little girls around him who might get hurt, then that's irresponsible. That'd be plain bad. You don't do that.

But look at the other side too. What are tiny little girls supposed to do among the first few rows at a metal concert?! That's definitely not the place to be for these persons.
I can understand that they want to see the band closely and that they want to mosh and freak out too... but still - such a mosh pit is a dangerous ground if you don't have the physique for that. Things get wild there and you have to be able to make yourself some room if need be. You need to be able to cope with that pushing and pulling.
There are even guys who sometimes have troubles in a tumultuous front row or mosh pit.
Me personally, I mostly avoid the mosh pit. I usually join the guys in the first few rows who just stand there and bang their heads. :)

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #74 am: Mai 15, 2005, 09:06:26 Nachmittag »
My opinion on this was, and remains, that kids are of course as entitled to go to gigs as older fans, its just that the people that piss me off at these events  the most are always younger. Constantly jumping into and shouting at each other etc through every song - its a pain the arse. I know not every kid at a gig behaves like that, and of course you get "mature" people who act in the exact same way.