Autor Thema: Kiddies at Metal Concerts  (Gelesen 30302 mal)

Virvatuli

• Gast
Kiddies at Metal Concerts
« Antwort #75 am: Mai 15, 2005, 09:26:46 Nachmittag »
Well, in this case, there were like 5-6 boys in the middle of the area taking the room of twenty by berserking so much :)
And the clubs here in finland aren't usually that big anyways and usually when Finntroll is on stage... well, there's a lot people :)

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #76 am: Mai 15, 2005, 09:53:32 Nachmittag »
I must say that the last show I went to, The Hardcore/Metal festival in Massachusettes, I was really impressed with the younger kids at the show, and they have some really intense pits at hardcore shows. They have a lot of kids wildly swinging arms in the pits and the people around the fringe put their fists out at arms length and let the individuals know where the limits are. Rarely someone went past the line but there was no real intent, just a mistake.People all stopped whenever someone went down. The vocalist would often help point out people that needed a hand. The event staff were also great in letting the kids do their thing, helping crowd surfers down easy at the front and sending them back around to the pit area.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #77 am: Mai 16, 2005, 12:13:15 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Prab"
I partially agree with you Virvatuli.

If somebody freaks out and let's loose KNOWING that there are little girls around him who might get hurt, then that's irresponsible. That'd be plain bad. You don't do that.

But look at the other side too. What are tiny little girls supposed to do among the first few rows at a metal concert?! That's definitely not the place to be for these persons.
I can understand that they want to see the band closely and that they want to mosh and freak out too... but still - such a mosh pit is a dangerous ground if you don't have the physique for that. Things get wild there and you have to be able to make yourself some room if need be. You need to be able to cope with that pushing and pulling.
There are even guys who sometimes have troubles in a tumultuous front row or mosh pit.
Me personally, I mostly avoid the mosh pit. I usually join the guys in the first few rows who just stand there and bang their heads. :)

So, what you're saying is that young girls should not be allowed to be close to their favorite bands, simply because they might get hurt?

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #78 am: Mai 16, 2005, 01:24:59 Vormittag »
I don't think he implied that.. but unless they want to get hurt, they just must be more careful with their standing ground. :wink:

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #79 am: Mai 16, 2005, 04:43:26 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "dorian jane"
I don't think he implied that.. but unless they want to get hurt, they just must be more careful with their standing ground. :wink:

It can actually be a dangerous place for them. A friend's girlfriend got almost crushed at a Stratovarius concert; good thing my friend is ripped and could shield her, but he later told me that he could barely do it because of the strength of the masses, he had to tell security to please let her get into the press area so she could be safe. At that same gig, another girl friend of us told us that she got caught at the front and couldn't breathe for a while, until she broke free and went to the back. It's not really that safe for them to be in the front in some cases.

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #80 am: Mai 16, 2005, 09:43:51 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Mindtraveller"
Zitat von: "dorian jane"

It can actually be a dangerous place for them. A friend's girlfriend got almost crushed at a Stratovarius concert; good thing my friend is ripped and could shield her, but he later told me that he could barely do it because of the strength of the masses, he had to tell security to please let her get into the press area so she could be safe. At that same gig, another girl friend of us told us that she got caught at the front and couldn't breathe for a while, until she broke free and went to the back. It's not really that safe for them to be in the front in some cases.

Agree. And perhaps the first row ain't the best place for... tiny persons :). But usually the first 5 (10, depends on the size of the area) rows are all too crazy, and I think everyone wanting should have the same right to see their fave band closely.. These jungle laws, "Only the biggest and nastiest" can be in the front, is just... Nah, that would be the ideal world that will probably never come true... Wait a minute, it once existed... ;)

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #81 am: Mai 16, 2005, 01:55:09 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"

So, what you're saying is that young girls should not be allowed to be close to their favorite bands, simply because they might get hurt?

I'm definitely not talking about official rules at metal concerts. I'm not talking about what is "allowed" and what not.
Everyone's free to do as he/she wants, as long as they're not offensive.

I'm talking about considering a situation and acting accordingly - using one's reason.

It's just totally obvious that the first few rows right in front of the stage are definitely not the safest place for someone small or tiny. Those persons should really think about what they're about to get into if they want to move to the front. There IS risk involved.
That's was my whole point.