Autor Thema: Kiddies at Metal Concerts  (Gelesen 30291 mal)

Prab

• Gast
Kiddies at Metal Concerts
« am: Oktober 08, 2004, 09:41:37 Vormittag »
Since I smelled an upcoming discussion at this topic here about this matter, I thought I'd be better to open a new discussion round for it.

So what are your thoughts on this?

Have you experienced "kiddies" (let's say "people between the ages of 13-17") at metal concerts?
Do you feel annoyed by them?
Did you ever get in trouble?
Have you guys ever witnessed something typical "kiddie-like" happening at a metal or rock concert, involving such youngsters?

Or do you actually just don't care about them and think a metal concert is for everyone and every age?

I'll drop in with my point of view later in this topic.

Prab

Metal

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 01:20:46 Nachmittag »
Most of the small "kids" seems too be into shit music (IMO), NU-Metal... like Korn, Slipknot and such crap. Some of them are very anoying on concerts as they try to take your place in the front. But just give em' a little punch in the stomach and they won't trouble you again  :wink:

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 02:10:22 Nachmittag »
They can be annoying, but you have to remember that they are paying customers and those sales help get your favorite bands into many doors.
Also weren't we kiddies at one point?
 There does seem to be a difference nowadays. I actually have more problems with the older 20-24 yearsolds who go into the pits to hurt some of these younger kids, basically just because they are bigger :x :angry:  :fuck:
  It should just be fun, have a good time, get some tensions out. Though the temptation to smack one of those wise-cracking obnoxious kids can be very tempting :wink:

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 03:23:42 Nachmittag »
Yea the term 'kiddies' I used in the other thread was actually more of an encompassing statement for the infantile posers that just get in the way at gigs, aged anything between 13-25 (and I'm only 21). You know the sorts, in the case of the younger ones its "I'm going to try and act crazy cause I'm a mad fuckin' rocker" and the older ones that decide "I know I showed up five minutes before the band went on because I spent the rest of the night getting pissed up, but I'm still going to shove my way to the front".

People who give the impression that they aren't at the gig for the music, but to be part of  "the scene". I want to know where all the people at DragonForce (now considered something of a 'cool' band by nu-metallers in Glasgow looking desperately for a new genre to cling onto)  were couple of months earlier when BLAZE, a Metal band in desperate need of support, played the same venue for the same price of ticket.

End rant.

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 04:36:35 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Radagast"

the older ones that decide "I know I showed up five minutes before the band went on because I spent the rest of the night getting pissed up, but I'm still going to shove my way to the front"..

These can be very dangerous, I remeber going to SwedenRock in 2003, and we were awed by how all the people behaved, there were 1000's of people there, for many different types of bands, all getting along really well. When you ar eat a festival with that many people you are bound to bump into someone, it is expected, and people were polite and just ignored it. I have seen shows here in the US where people take it as an assault/insult and get in your face for nothing, wanting to start something. It was very refreshing to see all the people from different countries showing their flags and trying to get their's  the highest, and holding the flags from the bands they were watching, it was all done in fun. Well after we got back home we went to see InFlames at Toad's Place in New Haven the next weekend, and we hadn't even gotten in the door when this kid comes flying out of the front door, assisted by two bouncers, with a bloody nose and a girl chasing after him saying, "what happened?" He replied "the guy just sucker punched me, so i went after him". I turned to my wife and said, "yeah, we are back home alright." :rolleyes:

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 04:46:26 Nachmittag »
Damn straight, I was astonished by the simply wonderful behaviour of the people at the Sweden Rock Festival this year. Virtually no crushing (some jostling, but who cares about that), bottles of water being passed around and HANDED BACK to security to be refilled (in Scotland its one guy takes a drink then throws it back over his head) and people that actually like making freinds in the crowd instead of looking to cause trouble. A real eye-opener.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 06:02:51 Nachmittag »
I don't mind a younger crowd at concerts.  Even at Ozzfest the people there were very nice and considerate...at least to me.  As long as any teenagers that are at a metal concert don't act like idiots, I don't mind them.  There were a few when I went and saw HammerFall live, and they had a blast, from what I could see.

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 06:14:29 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "The Metal RN"
..... we went to see InFlames at Toad's Place in New Haven the next weekend, and we hadn't even gotten in the door when this kid comes flying out of the front door, assisted by two bouncers, with a bloody nose and a girl chasing after him saying, "what happened?" He replied "the guy just sucker punched me, so i went after him". I turned to my wife and said, "yeah, we are back home alright." :rolleyes:

I also remember remember a few obnoxious young stage divers who almost took out Anders Fridén  several times! To his credit though he kept right on singing and never missed a beat!!!

On the other side of that  there were a couple of  well behaved, maybe 13 year old? s, at the very front of the stage who had patiently waited all night there for InFlames to come on. When they did, they  stared in awe, smiled and grinned the biggest grins I've ever seen, banged their heads and were just ecstatic when the memebers gave them eye contact, thumbs up signs and slapped hands with them.

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 07:05:32 Nachmittag »
... Youngsters... hmmh... Well, when I'm on gigs I have a bigger problem with those 20-??? drunken men falling and fooling around in the audience (Though this is Finnland so what can ypu expect...)... I like to be in the front if I like the band, but usually I'm the only woman in there so... well, there are a lot of heavy drunken men so I just need to be strict and watch my back  :lol:

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 09:50:13 Nachmittag »
What about the women who are always pulling up their shirts and flashing their breasts? !

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 09:53:05 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"
What about the women who are always pulling up their shirts and flashing their breasts? !

Isn't that a US phenomenon? I've seen this on a Judas Priest DVD, but never experienced such profanity at a concert in Germany.
:(

Greetz,

Tex

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 10:40:03 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Virvatuli(Though this is Finnland so what can ypu expect...)...:[/quote

Now there is a rather strange phrase ? What do you mean by that Virvatuli ?

About youngsters attending concerts ? Boy, it has been ages since I went to a gig.
Guess my concert-going days are over... :cry:  And besides, I live in Belgium, not many big metal bands frequent my country. Too bad not even Falconer made it over here...
Oh well, I've seen plenty of bands some 20 years ago and I can't say it bothered me that much... Probably 'cause I was only 18, 19 myself back then...  :wink:

And indeed, Metal Maiden, this breast-flashing thing , as Joachim pointed out, seems like a US phenomenom.... C'mon european ladies, don't let the Americans take the lead...

:mrgreen:

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 10:49:21 Nachmittag »
So you don't have topless women at concerts with their chests artisticly and brightly painted either?

http://wccc.com/photos/Ozzfest2004Gallery1/DSCN3400.html
ok that's a guy but --
http://wccc.com/photos/Ozzfest2004Gallery1/DSCN3540.html

evilshell

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 11:00:48 Nachmittag »

For the life of me, I can't quite understand that.   :insane:

Nothing quite says "cheap sleazy girl full of disease" quite like feeling the need to show your tits to the band and/or fans.

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 11:01:14 Nachmittag »
So you don't have topless women at concerts with their chests artisticly and brightly painted either?

No. Perhaps because nudity is so common in Europe nowadays.
Dimmu Borgir and some other BM bands have nearly nude dancers on stage, the singer Marduk regularly cuts himself up in stage...

Been there, seen that.
:)

Apart from that, there are sight that I really don't want to see again. Once on a concert with a lot of female goths, one of the--for a better word--females was dressed in a see-through top. No bra. Height 150cm. Weight 150kg.
What a sight.
:(

Greetz,

Tex