Autor Thema: Kiddies at Metal Concerts  (Gelesen 30298 mal)

TexJoachim

• Gast
Kiddies at Metal Concerts
« Antwort #15 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 11:06:14 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "shadowman"

And besides, I live in Belgium, not many big metal bands frequent my country. Too bad not even Falconer made it over here...

Well, lots of bands come to this part of Europe.
:)

Falconer, too.

Got a chance to chat with them, got some autographs...

Perhaps you'd like to pay a visit?

Greetz,

Tex

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 11:07:12 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "evilshell"

Nothing quite says "cheap sleazy girl full of disease" quite like feeling the need to show your tits to the band and/or fans.

Exactly!

Greetz,

Tex

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: Oktober 09, 2004, 11:01:17 Vormittag »
Shadowman, just ment that there's nothing unusual whit drunken men falling around in finand... In a gig you don't have so much room to run away from but... what wouldn't you stand for metal ;)

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: Oktober 09, 2004, 10:12:07 Nachmittag »
Strange, I always had the idea of Finland as one of the most  organized and civilized countries of Western Europe...
On the other hand I know zilch about your country really.
 :oops:

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 01:19:24 Nachmittag »
f. i. that it is in Eastern Europe  :wink:

kids at concerts... well I guess with my 20 years im still somewhat of a kid in the wider sense of it. Like everywhere I think you should not generalize too much. There are cool people and dumbasses in every age and every "scene". There are kids who are very decent people and listen to very fine music, and then of course there are others who are less likeable.
I agree if youre saying that younger people are more likely to be into shitty music because they are guided by the mothergrabbin media (chart crap) and are desperate to cling onto some scene.
But it shouldnt make you wanna kick every kids butt on a festival or whatever. At least, I´d be grateful if you didn´t...

Oh and personally, there are indeed some Slipknot or KoRn songs I do like to listen to every once in a while  :oops:

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 04:38:57 Nachmittag »
Hah Shadow ;D Atleast you dont think that we have polar bears here but still... organized and civilizided my ass... Sorry about my language ;) There are probably the biggest amount of drunks in Finnland... Atleast so many that even Terry Pratchett made a quote to that ;) and metal people here... Well most of them drunk a lot and often. :bluebanger:

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 04:59:15 Nachmittag »
The only experience that I have of Finns, other than Finntroll :bluebanger:  is from the two festivals that we have been to. They seem to be fun loving with great senses of humor! This guy came up to us at PiornoRock in Spain this year and started talking to us, he said that he remembered seeing us at SwedenRock the year before and asked where we were from!!! Wow, that was pretty cool. He was with a group of people who seemed to be having a blast, good natured and friendly, and oh yeah, he was with PIGBOY!!!!!  

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 05:31:36 Nachmittag »
Sounds very finnish to me ;) We had Cows and Chickens in Ropecon (singing songs like "You're so ugly" and "Im too sexy" ) and a man in a ten sizes too small girls swimsuit in Tuska-festival... Boy, that wasn't a pretty thing to see  :lol:

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 05:33:47 Nachmittag »
About my ignorance on Finland : I started a new topic elsewhere on the bleeding boards :

http://boards.bleeding4metal.de/viewtopic.php?t=82

C ya all there !

Metal

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 10:19:46 Nachmittag »
I have only good experience with finnish (?) ppl :)
2 of my friends are from Finland and we listen to A LOT of Finnish (? again) Metal bands :)

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: Oktober 11, 2004, 08:18:26 Vormittag »
I have neither experienced finnish people nor tit flashig, not even finnish gals who show em titties ;)  

But I have certainly experienced and seen younger people (or "kiddies") at rock concerts.

I used to listen to a whole lot of punk rock. At punk shows there are usually way more kids than at metal gigs.

I have to say that I actually had no bad experiences with younger people at concerts. Okay, sometimes there are those who stand in the furthermost line right infront of the stage, and start pushing backwards because their annoyed by banging or moving people. I mean, if standing in the first row is too much for you, why don't step back a little? If you're a smaller person and don't have that much stamina as to enjoy (or rather endure?) a concert in the front row, then please, take it easy! Jostling and pushing people instead isn't a good solution. That way you might risk getting some trouble with the not so cool guys.

OH, and yeah there are sometimes those show offs who try to get extremly pissdrunk and yell around and start getting aggressiv, gettin on peoples nerves. Usually I avoid those people so I don't get in trouble with em.

All in all I have no real objection to "kiddies" at concerts. But then again, I had no bad experience with them at all. And since I'm 21, I'm not that an old person for comparison :)

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: Oktober 13, 2004, 02:44:19 Vormittag »
Hmm, well. The only kids I've ever seen at Metal concerts were an 8-10 year old in the balcony headbanging along with his father at a Hammerfall show, and a couple of 12 year old girls with her dad and mom waiting in line at a Stratovarius one.

On the other hand, age doesn't really matter. People generally behave stupidly at concerts; they are "Metal", thus they are rebellious and madly tough.  :roll:

A friend had to knock the lights out of a dumbass at the said Stratovarius concert because the moron (along with other dozens of morons) kept throwing himself at the front, creating a wave that was crushing those in front, so my friend turned around and told the guy to stop that, the guy replied with something stupid and aggressive so my friend just punched him in the face, breaking the idiot's nose and making him black out. Hey the pansy got what he deserved. :)

On another ocassion, at a Joe Stump gig, security had to take out some dumbass who was looking for a fight, but it was nothing really serious.

It's sad how Metal music attracts so many idiots who don't care for the music or are there to have a good time, but who need to have an image of toughness that will cover up for their insecurities.  :(

There are a lot of poseurs out there, I tell you. :D

Metal

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: Oktober 13, 2004, 05:42:58 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Mindtraveller"
A friend had to knock the lights out of a dumbass at the said Stratovarius concert because the moron (along with other dozens of morons) kept throwing himself at the front, creating a wave that was crushing those in front, so my friend turned around and told the guy to stop that, the guy replied with something stupid and aggressive so my friend just punched him in the face, breaking the idiot's nose and making him black out. Hey the pansy got what he deserved. :)

That's the way it should be done! Say Hello to your friend from me  :D  8)

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: Oktober 13, 2004, 08:39:06 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Mindtraveller"
It's sad how Metal music attracts so many idiots who don't care for the music or are there to have a good time, but who need to have an image of toughness that will cover up for their insecurities.  :(

Metal is a really strong, energetic and sometimes even aggressiv kind of music. So it's obvious that some people show their aggressiv side while listening to it or being at a metal gig.
The important thing is to keep control over yourself. You shouldn't go on and unload you aggression on other people around you.

Metal has some kinda therapeutic effect on me. It compensates for the aggression that piles up during my everyday life. I'm not really the kind of guy that usually explodes when angry. So I need some outlet to let off steam. And that's rock music for me.

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: Oktober 17, 2004, 03:33:54 Nachmittag »
Actually, a'm 16 and i'm walking to metall consert a little bit more, than year. To my mind, metallists are rather quite people.  :evil2:   :D
But I don't support children on punks conserts. As far, as I'm able to judge, punks are crazy  :insane: and they won't stop before fighting with kids. :lol2: