Autor Thema: Kiddies at Metal Concerts  (Gelesen 30307 mal)

grym

• Gast
Kiddies at Metal Concerts
« Antwort #30 am: Oktober 17, 2004, 03:37:22 Nachmittag »
If a kid goes to a punk concert he deserves to be beaten. Kidding, ofcourse  :wink:  My brother likes punk... Where did i go wrong?  :P

Sestra

• Gast
« Antwort #31 am: Oktober 17, 2004, 05:25:08 Nachmittag »
I support people? who think that punks are crazy... Kids aren't able to protect themselvs, but they do theirs choses. C'est la vie... :roll:

Sestra

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: Oktober 17, 2004, 05:26:47 Nachmittag »
2 grym: may I ask you a question: how old is your brother??

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: Oktober 17, 2004, 08:58:01 Nachmittag »
I used to listen to A WHOLE LOT of punk rock some time ago. Still there are a few punk rock bands who've always got my attention. (Bad Religion for example! I love their music and lyrics!)
Actually it was punk rock that eventually led me to metal!

I've met and got to know really nice people while I was on punk concerts and stuff.

I've at least seen as much crazy metal heads as punk rockers. Doesn't really depend on the kind of music somebodie's listening to.

grym

• Gast
« Antwort #34 am: Oktober 19, 2004, 10:24:03 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Sestra"
2 grym: may I ask you a question: how old is your brother??

He's 12, but he's very deeply into it. He's in with the underground scene  :P  But he doesn't even know why he hates nazis. I can't get him to think for himself :(

And for the record, the only punk band i can listen to is La Broma De Ssatan, as it's in Spanish and i don't have to listen to the horrible political vocals.

Soulcollector

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: Oktober 19, 2004, 10:46:08 Vormittag »
Ok, here a few words from my side (didnt have the time to read all replies...):
a) I am 16. Is it a problem that I love metal and go to concerts?
b) I never had problems with other metalheadz. They rather seem to be happy that some of the youth listen to metal and not to Brintey "Oh look at me, I am a virgin and have big boobs" Spears
c) I dislike punk. There's only one band I do like a lot. But why should a punk go to a concert where metal only is played? (<- sorry, I didnt understand some postings in this topic about punks. It seems like they are just crap *g*)
d) I DONT LISTEN TO FUCKING NU METAL!!! (fucking prejudices)

NP: Amon Amarth - Thousand years of oppression

Hail and Kill!

[EDIT]
Could somebody please move this topic? I dont think that it is correctly placed in "Falconer Band Board" ;)
[/EDIT]

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #36 am: Oktober 19, 2004, 01:03:53 Nachmittag »
Zitat
I am 16. Is it a problem that I love metal and go to concerts?

If you have read through the comments carefully, then it's quite obvious that the majority here has absolutely no problem with youngsters at concerts.
We're just complaining about people who show off and disturb other people. These can be older as well as younger people.

Zitat
(<- sorry, I didnt understand some postings in this topic about punks. It seems like they are just crap *g*)

Not for me! That certainly was NOT MY opinion.

Zitat
d) I DONT LISTEN TO FUCKING NU METAL!!! (fucking prejudices)

What is Nu Metal?
Why does everbody have an affection in categorizing everything?
On one hand it's a crime to have prejudices on the other hand every "new" band with a different style in the heavy metal game is declared a "nu metal" band, which means they're automatically just CRAP.
That's hipocrisy (NO I'm not talkin bout the band)!

I like bands like Slipknot, Disturbed, System of a Down, Korn (earlier stuff), or Chimaira, and even *shock* Linkin Park and earlier works of Limp Bizkit!
And hold on, it even gets worse - I used to listen to bands like Millencolin, Bouncing Souls, Ghoti Hook, Goldfinger, No Use For A Name, H2O, Hi-Standard, Lagwagon, MxPx, Pennywise, Propagandhi, Bad Religion, etc... the list goes on and on. And I listened to it all the time back then and still like to hear some songs on occasion!
Still I'm part of the community in a forum of a "power metal" band. Am I a "poser" or "untrue" now?

It wasn't until about 2002 that I found out about this thing called "power metal".
Now I like this kind of music pretty dearly and have gotten to know great bands!

It's not the kind of music that defines the behaviour of people, so I wouldn't generalize everything concerning this topic.

*sighs*
Whatever... tell me I'm overreacting... I've got a soft spot for music I used to listen to. And I can't stand it if somebody put his opinion second to none.

I mean we're talkin about music. This is creative work, it's art and so it is bound to taste. And as we all know - tastes differ.

Oh, and about this topic here being moved to somewhere else - I don't think that's necessary. Just because this is a band forum, it doesn't mean we're just allowed to talk about what actors the Falconer guys look alike or stuff.

Soulcollector

• Gast
« Antwort #37 am: Oktober 19, 2004, 01:22:01 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Prab"
If you have read through the comments carefully, then it's quite obvious that the majority here has absolutely no problem with youngsters at concerts.

After skimming I had a totally different impression.

Zitat
Not for me! That certainly was NOT MY opinion.

Some, not all ;)

Zitat
Why does everbody have an affection in categorizing everything?

You are joking, arent you?
Without categories there'd be a big confusion, isnt that clear to you?

Zitat
Oh, and about this topic here being moved to somewhere else - I don't think that's necessary. Just because this is a band forum, it doesn't mean we're just allowed to talk about what actors the Falconer guys look alike or stuff.

Anyway someone else wouldnt find this topic cause its not placed corretly here.

grym

• Gast
« Antwort #38 am: Oktober 19, 2004, 02:02:55 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Twix"

I don't think bands need to be cattegorised into so many sub-genres, as their generally distinctive sound splits them apart. But in the scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal.
Zitat von: "Twix"

Well if they don't like Falconer, they don't deserve to find good topics.  :wink:  Only joking, but i think most people visit every forum on the site anyway.

Also Twix, i'm sixteen, i'm pretty sure we're the youngest people here 8) You've just got to try and keep a more open mind, not all nu-metal is crap, in my opinion, and not all NEW metal is NU metal.

EDIT: Fixed quotes. I can never get the quotes right  :?
EDIT #2: Second attempt at fixing quotes.

Soulcollector

• Gast
« Antwort #39 am: Oktober 19, 2004, 02:28:11 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "grym"
You've just got to try and keep a more open mind, not all nu-metal is crap, in my opinion, and not all NEW metal is NU metal.

The experience I've made tells me that nu metal is crap ;) And so I'm not gonna listen to that kind of music again if I can avoid it.

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #40 am: Oktober 19, 2004, 02:29:34 Nachmittag »
Zitat

No, I'm not kidding.
Having musical directions is one thing, but subcategorizing everything is just unnecessary. We're talking bout music and thats art and not science.
Besides the problem with subcategories is, that everybodys invents their own and so it happens that bands like Falconer are called power/epic/melodic/medieval/fantasy metal.
I've heard all those terms.
For me it's just metal. And if somebody gets curious and wants to know more about it, I'd rather reccomend albums or describe the music in my own words than invent some super exact "nu" name for this music.

Zitat

So what?
I'm posting here mainly for the Falconer board community. I've never really posted or checked the other forums here.
If somebody new stumbles over this forum, I think it's better to have a wide variety of topics than just the band itself.
So far that has worked just fine.

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #41 am: Oktober 19, 2004, 09:36:31 Nachmittag »
Categorising can be ok. For instance, if someone asks me what Lost Horizon sounds like I can say "power metal" instead of umm Heavy Metal, the kind a bit like HammerFall but less accesible...ummm... (if you see what I mean).

Nu Metal, I agree everything that came out of americ between like 2000-2003 was categorized as Nu Metal, which is obviously ridiculous, but the stuff that I consider to be Nu Metal is ear-poison IMO.

Sestra

• Gast
« Antwort #42 am: Oktober 20, 2004, 05:45:19 Vormittag »
I've not clear understood what do youb call NU METAL!

I absolutely agree with persons? who supposes we don't need categories... In my country everyboty like it. Unfortunateky... :?  For example, have uyou heard about doom/death/black/power/woman/trahs and others metals&
I don't like and don't need it! :cry:

grym

• Gast
« Antwort #43 am: Oktober 20, 2004, 08:53:23 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Prab"
Falconer are called power/epic/melodic/medieval/fantasy metal.
I've heard all those terms.

You forgot folk  :wink:

When i'm explaining Falconer to someone, it usually goes along these lines.:

"Power metal with folk elements. Oh, and fucking brillinat."

grym

• Gast
« Antwort #44 am: Oktober 20, 2004, 08:57:29 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Sestra"
I've not clear understood what do youb call NU METAL!

I think of nu metal as heavy rock, or in some cases (SlipKnot) metal. They usually have no solos, no double kick on the bass drum, clear vocals, very simple guitars (Three cord progressions), and lyrics about teen angst, being abused by their family etcetera.

Twix: Try out Shadows Fall and Killswitch Engage, some very good nu metal bands.

Oh, and sorry for the double post, couldn't be arsed editing my first.