Autor Thema: Radio Play of Grime vs. Grandeur  (Gelesen 7787 mal)

kailef

• Gast
Radio Play of Grime vs. Grandeur
« am: Juni 12, 2005, 12:57:10 Vormittag »
Hey, all!

My name is Kailef, and I operate Epic Rock Radio, a symphonic / power metal radio station.  I've been a big fan of Falconer since your first album!

You might be interested to know that "Clarion Call" is the #1 most requested song on our station!  As of right now, it has been requested 387 times.   :D

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't know that Falconer had a new album out, so you haven't been playing on ERR.   :cry:   I just ordered it, and it should be here in a few days.  I'll have it up by next week.

Keep up the good work - The demo MP3's that you have available are awesome, I just can't wait to hear the rest of the album.  We'll promote it over at Epic Rock Radio if you'd like - We occasionally have an "Album of the Week" where we play a track from the featured album once per hour, with a vocal introduction.

(I've been playing "Purgatory Time" on repeat for the past several hours, and I'm not tired of it yet.)

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 12, 2005, 10:32:38 Vormittag »
Wellcome aboard Kailef!

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Juni 12, 2005, 11:07:05 Vormittag »
Hi there fellow Falconite :)

Now this metal radio station thing sounds like a great way to spread the word of Falconer over there in the US.
May their reputation grow overseas :D

Greetz
Prab

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Juni 12, 2005, 11:09:43 Vormittag »
You stream via Live365, right?
Any chance to offer a direct stream?

Greetz,

Tex

kailef

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Juni 12, 2005, 04:07:50 Nachmittag »
Tex,

We used to do a direct stream, but Live365 is much better for a medium sized station like Epic Rock Radio....  It costs a lot less money because Live365 pays the royalties for us instead of us having to do it ourselves.

Live365 isn't the easiest to work with, because they have those annoying pop-ups and such, but the way to avoid that is by using Winamp as your default player.  Then you can close all the Live365 windows after you start the stream playing and you don't get any more advertisements or pop-ups.  Plus, Epic Rock Radio broadcasts live, so we don't have any commercial interruptions like most Live365 stations.

Prab,

I know what you mean!  People here in the United States generally have no idea what good music is.  They are too busy listening to Britney Spears or some sort of hip-hop or rap or something.  When I discovered symphonic / melodic metal a few years ago, I felt two things:  One, I was happy as heck, because I finally found bands playing the music that I'd been hearing in my head my whole life, and Two, I felt alone, because nobody I knew at the time listened to this style of music.

That's why I started Epic Rock Radio....  I want to "spread the word" about this kind of music so that it becomes more popular.

We've been pretty successful, too - Out of the over five hundred metal stations on Live365, we are the 7th most popular, and climbing higher every day.  I get emails every week from people who say they've never heard this sort of music before, and it's become their favorite.  Whenever I hear that, I know I've done my job.   :wink:

I checked my mail just now - the new Falconer CD isn't here yet.  BAH!  I can't wait!

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Juni 12, 2005, 04:53:23 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "kailef"
We used to do a direct stream, but Live365 is much better for a medium sized station like Epic Rock Radio....  It costs a lot less money because Live365 pays the royalties for us instead of us having to do it ourselves.

Ok, this makes sense.

Zitat

Plus, Epic Rock Radio broadcasts live, so we don't have any commercial interruptions like most Live365 stations.

This is really nice!

I think I'll tune in sometime in the future.

Greetz,

Tex

kailef

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Juni 13, 2005, 03:06:20 Vormittag »
We'd be glad to have you!

*grumbles* I still don't have the new Falconer album though.  Stupid mail system.  Too slow.  Heh, heh.

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Juni 13, 2005, 02:59:44 Nachmittag »
Next time, preorder from Europe.
:)

Greetz,

Tex

Kristoffer

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Juni 15, 2005, 09:53:23 Nachmittag »
It is nice to hear from our friends in the US!
I'm pretty damn shure that you will like it, Mr Kailef.

Best regards!

/ Kriss

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Juni 15, 2005, 11:48:15 Nachmittag »
This is good news!

kailef

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Juni 16, 2005, 09:47:54 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Kristoffer"
It is nice to hear from our friends in the US!
I'm pretty damn shure that you will like it, Mr Kailef.

Best regards!

/ Kriss

Thank you very much!  You guys are great, and although I haven't heard the rest of Grime Vs. Grandeur yet, the two sample tracks I heard are outstanding.  I am impressed with your singing, especially when compared your work on Sceptre of Deception.  A distinct, noticable improvement.  Everyone's going to forget about that old singer.... what was his name again?   :wink:

Hey, if you guys want to record a sweeper for Epic Rock Radio, I'd be glad to play it for you.  You know, something like "This is Kristoffer of Falconer, and you're listening to Epic Rock Radio" or something like that.  Nils Patrik Johanssen from Astral Doors / Wuthering Heights did one for us a few weeks ago, and it's pretty cool.   :twisted:

Kristoffer

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: Juni 16, 2005, 07:04:52 Nachmittag »
Yes I can do that.
Try to contact me via the official e-mail on the site. Dont remebre it right now, haha!

See Ya!

/ Kriss

kailef

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Juni 17, 2005, 02:01:17 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Kristoffer"
Yes I can do that.
Try to contact me via the official e-mail on the site. Dont remebre it right now, haha!

Okay, I sent an email to that address.

Thanks so much for doing this, by the way, it's awesome!  I'll be great for us, and good for you guys too - We're a fairly popular station with almost 10,000 listening hours per month, so a pretty good number of people will hear the sweeper.   :D

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: Juni 17, 2005, 07:02:30 Vormittag »
This is a cool idea :D
Hope it works out well!
Is it okay, if you put the sweeper online when it's done? ;)

kailef

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: Juni 19, 2005, 06:10:30 Nachmittag »
:cry: I haven't heard from anyone yet... I hope my email arrived okay!