Autor Thema: The Michael Jackson verdict  (Gelesen 4356 mal)

Souleraser

• Gast
The Michael Jackson verdict
« am: Juni 13, 2005, 11:41:43 Nachmittag »
I originally blogged this article, but I'll put it online here, too.
Jackson is definitely not a topic for me, but like many others I couldn't avoid getting to hear and read about the case and as a result of that to develop an opinion of my own.

Just saw the broadcast of the verdict reading on CNN ($deity bless it)...

The Jury found Jackson not guily of all 10 counts. A surprise? Damned sure it is.

You're invited to read on at CNN...
There's not much more I have to say after all. I'm pretty surprised. I've been quite sure that the Jury would at least find him guilty of the alcohol or intoxication related counts.
Anyway... after that fierce fighting between locals and Jackson-fans... this might be the better outcome. Who knows? Perhaps Jackson's fans would have set the whole city on fire if the verdict would have been different...

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 14, 2005, 03:53:48 Vormittag »
Well I kind of am glad that he did not get found guilty on the major charges. While I think that he is a very sad individual, (sad/disturbing case) I really do not think that he molested the kids in any way, the alcohol part, that I am not so sure of. this is just another chapter in a case where one individual has been exploited and taken advantage of his whole life. Since he was a little boy he did not have much of a childhood/life. With my line of work I see this first hand. He has almost been like abused his whole childhood, no wonder he has no clue as how to deal with the world around him.

As for the family who accused him, they had tried to set him up and take advantage of his wealth just like they had done previously to others. What will become of them?  We just had a woman here in the US claim that she found part of a finger in her bowl of Wendy's, a fast food restaraunt, chili. It came to be a hoax, but with the negative publicity and all, the company lost millions in profits. It is good that they were found to be innocent of any poor practice but there should be some very stiff penalties for doing such a thing.

AoP- this is not normally my thing of interest as well, but I thought I would comment anyways.

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Juni 14, 2005, 09:36:03 Vormittag »
Not guilty after all..i think the only ones who know the absolute truth are the little boy and Jackson himself. I always regarded him as a great performer although i never ever liked his style.I believe that in his mind right and wrong were mixed up and distorted and that skin changing clr of his is a sad proof that he needed help in the first place.

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Juni 18, 2005, 12:57:33 Vormittag »
we should never know................... to be honest i dont believe that he was guilty

Offline Lestat

• Der Schatten, der die Nacht durchflattert
  • Senior Metalhead
« Antwort #4 am: Juni 18, 2005, 08:48:23 Nachmittag »
Well, I am not sure about him being guilty or not.. But what I know: there was little proof that he had done what he was accused of. And after in dubio pro reo is the best way imo, it was good that he was  not found guilty.

Regarding Jackson as a person I have to agree completely the Metal RN.

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Juli 02, 2005, 02:53:44 Vormittag »
just goes to show what money can buy, first O.J now Jackson. and you know damned good and well that he did comit the offencise that he was acussed of.. oh well that just goes to show that the American Goverment is more for the love of money then the love of justice.. justice is how much money is in there pockets any more these days.... truly sad! im about to move to holland

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Juli 02, 2005, 10:06:25 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "This Dying Soul"
just goes to show what money can buy, first O.J now Jackson. and you know damned good and well that he did comit the offencise that he was acussed of.. oh well that just goes to show that the American Goverment is more for the love of money then the love of justice.. justice is how much money is in there pockets any more these days.... truly sad! im about to move to holland

Move to holland? What do you mean?

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Juli 02, 2005, 10:52:17 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Mas"
Zitat von: "This Dying Soul"

Move to holland? What do you mean?

it means exavtly what it says.. I have been thinking about moving to holland.. I have many friends there. and Im really sick and tired of being here in the United States....

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Juli 02, 2005, 10:53:45 Nachmittag »
But why holland? have you ever visit holland?