Autor Thema: fathers day  (Gelesen 7180 mal)

This Dying Soul

• Gast
fathers day
« Antwort #15 am: Juli 15, 2005, 10:50:41 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Arthyron"
My father once gave me some good advice:

"Being the strongest, or the most wealthy, or having the most girlfriends does not make one a man.  Doing what it takes when you need to, without hesitation, to help, support, and protect those you love, that is the true mark of a man."

That being said, I believe Father's Day is to honor true men, who do what is neccesary and give up some of their own wants so that their family can enjoy life and prosper.  Anyone with any sense can see that someone who is not a good father should not be honored in Father's Day.  The purpose of the thread was to acknowledge all those who do what needs to be done.  Getting a girl pregnant and having her bear a son does not make someone a father in my opinion.  The father is the one who helps the girl raise the child and treat them both well, in my opinion.  So regardless of who's genes the child carries, if you take a major role in the development of that child, you are just as deserving of a Happy Father's Day as a good father who raises his own offspring.  

So really...lose the attitude, there's no need to denounce what is meant as a wishing of blessings to honor great men who do a lot.  Leave your emotional baggage at home.

who were you refering to about losing the attitude?? just curious.

Arthyron

• Gast
fathers day
« Antwort #16 am: Juli 17, 2005, 06:08:02 Vormittag »
Simple, those who have criticized the originators of this thread for just trying to show good will towards their friends on the board.  One does not make a thread of celebration in order to insult people, it's quite obvious, so I'm saying those that are taking offense to this thread need to lighten up, and realize that most people don't even know about what's going on in people's personal lives (and would thus not be able to make allowances for such things).  In other words, don't take offense to something if it was not meant to be offensive.  There's no reason to be oversensitive when people are just trying to be kind.

Souleraser

• Gast
fathers day
« Antwort #17 am: Juli 17, 2005, 09:40:47 Vormittag »
This is annoying.
If you want to tell other people how they're allowed to reply to certain things, there are basically two options:

1. Add an unambiguous description of what is allowed and what is not to the the first posting.
2. Start your own message boards and delete everything that does not fit into your idea of the perfect answer. (Damned... this procedure sounds so familiar. If I only could remember...)

Until then, everyone's free to comment on things the way they feel - unless it's obviously discriminating against someone or something, otherwise insulting (though we even left the insults of a certain person - which were the only insults btw - uncommented in this thread) or there might be legal problems with that answer.

EOT.