Autor Thema: is their any one who can help me with an avitar  (Gelesen 11802 mal)

shadowman

• Gast
is their any one who can help me with an avitar
« Antwort #15 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 10:07:19 Nachmittag »
Point taken Metal Maiden...

Wasn't there a band a few years back, well some ten years back  (:wink: ,) (time flies)
that had a small radio hit (even in Europe) called REDNEX ?

The song was called Cotton Eyed Joe If I remember well...

Was there a special meaning after this band's name ?

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 10:14:46 Nachmittag »
Euh *unfoldshiddenPop-knowledge*

AFAIR those guys (or better: 4 guys and one girl) were from Sweden and REDNEX is just REDNECKS spelled differently.
If you saw those people, you could get quite a basic idea of what a redneck would have to look like, so that is basically what the bands name means ;)

Those were 5 crazy alcoholics from Sweden selling shitty dance pop and playing cowboy and cowgirl...

A few months ago they even returned with "Cotton Eye Joe" in a new version and with a new female in their middle... They aren't wearing the same clothes anymore but rather modern bdsm-leather-suits or something...

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 10:51:51 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "shadowman"

Wasn't there a band a few years back, well some ten years back  (:wink: ,) (time flies)
that had a small radio hit (even in Europe) called REDNEX ?

The song was called Cotton Eyed Joe If I remember well...

Was there a special meaning after this band's name ?

That you actually know this band makes me wonder.
I mean you saw the birth of NWOBHM and did not destroy every radio playing this shitty pop music???

Greetz,

Tex

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: Oktober 12, 2004, 09:57:38 Nachmittag »
how dare you all bring up such conversation about such a shitty band and there music on my topic  :twisted:  :twisted:  why i ought to whip y'all to shape and doa redneck ass s :P  :metal: tompen on y'all  :ass:

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: Oktober 12, 2004, 10:09:55 Nachmittag »
Hey hey, don't shoot the messenger here guys.

How could I not know that song, it was on every god forsaken radio station throughout the planet at that time.
And I remember it OH SO well, since the day I went to that  wedding where the couple getting married decided to have a country-theme...

Oh my sweet lord, that was one of the longest nights in my life. Every half hour or so this song was played and the whole country community gathered round the dancefloor at each occassion. I couldn't make much of a scene there because, believe it or not, these country-club guys were heavily armed with guns, pistols, even swords !!

Thank God I had some Slayer in the car that provided me with the necessary antidode from time to time !!

:mrgreen:

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: Oktober 15, 2004, 06:34:39 Vormittag »
Y'all know what country music is over there???? I thought that was like country only music.... hrmmmm what planet did ya say Y'all lived again???? LMAO!!!!!!