Autor Thema: Tourism on Bleeding4Metal - Pt.1: Finland  (Gelesen 24092 mal)

shadowman

• Gast
Tourism on Bleeding4Metal - Pt.1: Finland
« am: Oktober 10, 2004, 05:08:07 Nachmittag »
Hahahahaha, well tourism... :lol:

On another board I was talking to our nice Virvatuli who is from Finland and it occurred to me how little I know about that country... :oops:
In fact, there are so many nationalities represented on the boards I
(and probably many of you ) know nothing about. Cryin' shame really !
Therefor this topic. I suggest we take one country at the time.
Why not start of with Finland...
Virvatuli and Nikos-Hiropol can fill us in after a few stupid  :wink:  remarks from us all.
Question : if you think about Finland what comes to mind ?
My answer would be : many lakes, a sauna in every house, cold, a language with words with many u's, and euh...Helsinki being the capitol... I am afraid that is all I can tell... :oops:
Anyone else before Virvatuli and Nikos-H fill us in ??
If this topic turns out to be a success we can continue with all the countries represented on these boards. Germany, USA, Australia, Sweden, and so on...

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 05:27:11 Nachmittag »
What an awesome topic Shadow!!!!!! :cheers:   Brilliant!!!!!
I feel that in my limited experience, at festivals and info from a good friend of mine here in the US who is from Sweden, is that they seem to be fun loving, hard drinking, easy going people. I think of saunas as well, and Vodka!! I am curious to know how they felt during the Cold war era, living so close to the at the time USSR. I would love to visit this country proper however to see for myself some day.  What do you recommend to experince there?????? :idea:

grym

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 05:37:30 Nachmittag »
All that comes to my mind when i think of Finland is Finntroll  :roll:  And Viikate (Not the band, someone i know on a p2p program)  :oops:

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 05:37:42 Nachmittag »
I put a link to this topic on the Falconer board Metal RN, I know there are a few Fins present there, hope they make it over here !

:o

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 06:00:15 Nachmittag »
I don´t know much of anything about Finland - except for the cliché stuff (lakes, saunas) that were already mentioned.
Beats me, dudes!   :flush:

Guess a native Finnish lad will have to educate about this woundrous country!!

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 06:23:12 Nachmittag »
Hm, I'm honestly looking forward to this topic also...

But what would you think if we'd split it into parts straight away. What I thought of was: Renaming this topic to "Tourism on bleeding.de - Pt1: Finland" or something and continue that for all other countries which are represented on this board.
Because, honestly, I'm afraid the topic might get quite big real soon and handy information might get lost in between dozens of postings.

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 06:23:21 Nachmittag »
I would add - noisy language and  much drinking.  And the Finns I've had the pleasure of meeting were multi-lingual. The friends of Pigman from the previous thread were carrying on a conversation with other fans  in Spanish, French, Finnish and English all at the same time!
I hope I am not being insulting about the drinking but so many of the Finns I have been exposed to  say the same about themselves. And it seems to be a point of pride with many musicians as well that they are heavy drinkers or they were  drunk while performing. Seems  :insane:  to me but I have heard some Finns  talk about the fact that they drink because as a people it  is the custom not  to  show emotion and that you have to keep feelings  inside or put on a front for other people so as a release they drink.

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 06:34:20 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Thor"
Hm, I'm honestly looking forward to this topic also...

But what would you think if we'd split it into parts straight away. What I thought of was: Renaming this topic to "Tourism on bleeding.de - Pt1: Finland" or something and continue that for all other countries which are represented on this board.
Because, honestly, I'm afraid the topic might get quite big real soon and handy information might get lost in between dozens of postings.

GOOD IDEA OH MIGHTY THOR !!

DO IT !!

You have my blessing !!

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 06:38:13 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"
I would add - noisy language and  much drinking.  And the Finns I've had the pleasure of meeting were multi-lingual. The friends of Pigman from the previous thread were carrying on a conversation with other fans  in Spanish, French, Finnish and English all at the same time!
I hope I am not being insulting about the drinking but so many of the Finns I have been exposed to  say the same about themselves. And it seems to be a point of pride with many musicians as well that they are heavy drinkers or they were  drunk while performing. Seems  :insane:  to me but I have heard some Finns  talk about the fact that they drink because as a people it  is the custom not  to  show emotion and that you have to keep feelings  inside or put on a front for other people so as a release they drink.

Hahahaha, well Metal Maiden, we have to wait untill a Finn checks in to have this theory confirmed... But to be honest, I do think you have a strong point there...
My father went to Poland back in the early 80's and these are his exact same words ...
Poland - Finland ??

:hm:

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 06:40:03 Nachmittag »
Just say hip when you want the answers and I'll do my best :)

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 06:44:17 Nachmittag »
COOL !!
Thanks for joining in Virvatuli !
But please, wait a few days more to enlighten us.
Give a chance to other people to say stupid things  :wink:  about Finland !

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 06:46:24 Nachmittag »
@ Shadow  - Many from the US  during the "cold war"  viewed  the average Russian  as hard drinking  as well. Russia = Vodka.

Ops!!  Let's stick with Finland here then our new Russian friends can help us with a new thread about their wonderful country!

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 06:52:33 Nachmittag »
Yeah, in the meanwhile I can always get good laughs by reading this topic ;)

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 06:56:21 Nachmittag »
Indeed ! That is the whole idea !
But in time we will all get our laugh !!

:wink:

evilshell

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: Oktober 10, 2004, 07:13:19 Nachmittag »
Great topic!

When I think of Finland, I think of a language where even "I love you" sounds like an angry insult, where it is cold, dark and the people are warm and friendly if you can get past the stoic exterior. Quite a bit like Sweden, at least in my mind, except a bit more grey.