Autor Thema: I will be leaving the boards  (Gelesen 11721 mal)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
I will be leaving the boards
« Antwort #15 am: Juli 10, 2005, 06:37:09 Nachmittag »
Well yeah, I DO kind of feel ignored.  But it occurred to me early this morning that it simply could be that I don't post anything worthwile.  Or anything very interesting, perhaps.  I think about half of the regulars here are staff, or have been here MUCH longer than I, so you've all developed relationships with one another.  I've only been here...what?  A year?  That might also make a difference.

I'm sorry if I alarmed/upset anyone!  I was just trying to let Ryan know he wasn't alone in his feelings.

Besides, feeling ignored is better than feeling hated. ;)  There's one board I go to that I wont leave simply because it feels like if I do, the people there will think they chased me off (and there ARE a few people there I like and get along with).  Besides, when you guys DO respond, it usually turns into an interesting conversation.  Which I guess goes back to the first paragraph I posted in this response. :)

But it IS just the internet, if I felt being ignored was a huge deal to me, I'd do what Ryan is doing and leave - minus the "goodbye" message.

But!  I'm not leaving, and I'm still trying to integrate myself into the B4M forum community.  Some of my feelings are produced internally instead of from outside influences, too.  I guess I'm still trying to find my niche here, that's all. :)

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: Juli 10, 2005, 09:57:46 Nachmittag »
AngelOfMusic, i didnt know you felt ignored by some people, maybe it looks like that i ignore people too but its a difficult board for me in english and i do my best not to ignore people.

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: Juli 10, 2005, 09:57:54 Nachmittag »
Well you do have a very important niche here ay the B4M community. We all do and I think everyone contributes in their own special way. Sometimes I just like to read the posts and watch everyone else discuss the topics, I learn just as much from that, and the thread is just as important to me, as are the posters!!!! :)

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: Juli 11, 2005, 07:26:59 Vormittag »
I can totally agree with The Metal RN!
That's what I'd say too.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #19 am: Juli 11, 2005, 11:21:17 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"

But it IS just the internet, if I felt being ignored was a huge deal to me, I'd do what Ryan is doing and leave - minus the "goodbye" message.

Very healthy point of view, I think. Not meaning I like the idea of you leaving us, of course! ;)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Cecilia

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: Juli 11, 2005, 04:54:14 Nachmittag »
Well yeah, I DO kind of feel ignored.  But it occurred to me early this morning that it simply could be that I don't post anything worthwile.  Or anything very interesting, perhaps.  I think about half of the regulars here are staff, or have been here MUCH longer than I, so you've all developed relationships with one another.  I've only been here...what?  A year?  That might also make a difference.

I'm sorry if I alarmed/upset anyone!  I was just trying to let Ryan know he wasn't alone in his feelings.

Besides, feeling ignored is better than feeling hated. ;)  There's one board I go to that I wont leave simply because it feels like if I do, the people there will think they chased me off (and there ARE a few people there I like and get along with).  Besides, when you guys DO respond, it usually turns into an interesting conversation.  Which I guess goes back to the first paragraph I posted in this response. :)

But!  I'm not leaving, and I'm still trying to integrate myself into the B4M forum community.  Some of my feelings are produced internally instead of from outside influences, too.  I guess I'm still trying to find my niche here, that's all. :)

Now that Ryan is gone from the board, I can hit on you all I want. (jk, i'm not lesbo)

<3 AoM

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: Juli 11, 2005, 06:59:54 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Cecilia"

Now that Ryan is gone from the board, I can hit on you all I want. (jk, i'm not lesbo)

<3 AoM

hahaha, yeah!  

Don't worry, I won't be offended.  When I was at college I had three girls that wanted to date me.  Which REALLY confused me because I was like "Now why don't I have this luck with boys???"  Their response "Girls appreciate a strong woman more than guys do!"  Didn't help my single situation any, but I felt a bit better about myself.   :mrgreen:

But yeah, I forgot about that.  With Ryan gone, who will fight with you for my affections? :(

:D  :lol:

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #22 am: Juli 11, 2005, 07:22:52 Nachmittag »
Point your finger to whoever you want to, AngelOfMusic!  :D
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: Juli 11, 2005, 08:22:55 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Mas"
AngelOfMusic, i didnt know you felt ignored by some people, maybe it looks like that i ignore people too but its a difficult board for me in english and i do my best not to ignore people.

Mas said someting.................... no comments?  :P

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: Juli 12, 2005, 12:19:11 Vormittag »

Mas said someting.................... no comments?  :P

Hey, no big deal.  I think it's cute. ;)  Besides, the best way to get better at it is to use it more and more.  Besides, most people who have English as a first language don't speak it very well. ;)

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: Juli 13, 2005, 12:28:49 Vormittag »
Hmh. Interesting.
I've never really paid attention to it, because I'm ignored all the time in real life too.
But I can understand that you guys can feel that way around here especially, because I guess that people just do as I do (read through the threads and then don't have any time to come up with something "wise" to reply...)
But it doesn't mean that I wouldn't still like reading your messages and stuff.

Now, I'm a Finn ;) A callous little bastard.

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: Juli 13, 2005, 09:47:28 Nachmittag »
@Ryan: It's always sad when someone is leaving (and i don't only mean a forum).
Still, if you think you have to do so, i can only wish you the best.
There are many rivers to cross in life, and this is not one.So, no regrets Ryan.Be well.

@To those of you who feel ignored: .You are not ignored.You just feel like you are.
Try to raise yr self esteem a bit.You are smart and wise and beautiful. You just have to believe you are.And don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: Juli 14, 2005, 02:35:31 Vormittag »
hrmmm, well I dont know what to say..

I guess it is nice to know that people here care about the fact that I am here. but all the same. this is a part of my life, so regardless what angel of music says, if you become involved with the internet and people on the internet, and you truly care for them you are going to take things as such to heart..

alot of people always say this is the internet, you cant take it seriously,  well Im here to call bullshit on that.. because we wouldnt have a forum that is as close knit as it is if we didnt give a shit about the other users.... yeah I  might be a bit extreme about it at times.. but I treat this place which is so special to me as I do special places in life.

another reason that I am leaving here is because I have made this s bit more of importance in my life then things in my life.. which is all part of the other things that I have allowed to be in the way..... MY 5 year old son is having problems. and it is all due to his mommy and daddy divorcing, he thinks that his father does not love him any more. he feels that I have abandoned him. and this is another reason that i am leaving... because I have not been consistant on talking to him every night... and alot of that is due to working late nights. and also due to my spending so much time online...

so these are other reasons that I will not be here. maybe i might pop in a couple of times a week and say hello... but for now I just come in and read what is going on....

angel, Im sorry that you feel the way you do... but it is a two way street I guess..

stephanie you go right ahead and flirt with angel.. you will need some one to take my place..

every one else you rock for life.. and my love for you as friends will never change...

peace out!

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: Juli 14, 2005, 03:15:06 Vormittag »
Ryan, you misunderstood what I was saying.

it IS just the internet, and the majority of the people one encounters on the internet are not worth getting angry/upset/depressed over.  In short, I find REAL life more important than what people might think of me online.  You yourself JUST said that the internet was becoming more important.  You obviously identified that it was becoming a problem and have chosen to focus on the real world instead.  How is that different from what I was saying?

I have friends on the internet.  In fact, one of the best friends I've ever had, I met online first.  But that is one, not a majority.  A large number of the people I encounter online are jerks, and really not worth my time. Did you miss my "B4M, my Heavy Metal Haven" thread, where I praised the people here in this community?  Or maybe you completely missed the "shadowman on a low profile thread" where I (and everyone else here) lamented his abscence.  

So regardless of whether or not I feel ignored, I obviously feel this place is worth sticking with.  I wasn't blaming the feeling of being ignored on anyone but myself.  Or did you miss the "perhaps I don't contribute much worthwile" or "I just haven't found my niche" comments?  And for the record, those ARE NOT self pitying comments (I'm aware of how many drama queens there are online) but merely my own musing over possibilities.  (I have since found that the former is not the case, though I still don't feel I've found a niche, but that's MY problem, and I'm digressing...)

I don't begrudge you wishing to move on, but please don't go attacking me.  ESPECIALLY when I was merely trying to show that I sympathize, and I understood the feeling of being ignored.  In the future, I would appreciate it, (if you care so much as you claim) to not assume that I don't care for others on the internet.

Good bye, Ryan.

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: Juli 14, 2005, 03:36:04 Nachmittag »
Ryan, you misunderstood what I was saying.

it IS just the internet, and the majority of the people one encounters on the internet are not worth getting angry/upset/depressed over.  In short, I find REAL life more important than what people might think of me online.  You yourself JUST said that the internet was becoming more important.  You obviously identified that it was becoming a problem and have chosen to focus on the real world instead.  How is that different from what I was saying?

I have friends on the internet.  In fact, one of the best friends I've ever had, I met online first.  But that is one, not a majority.  A large number of the people I encounter online are jerks, and really not worth my time. Did you miss my "B4M, my Heavy Metal Haven" thread, where I praised the people here in this community?  Or maybe you completely missed the "shadowman on a low profile thread" where I (and everyone else here) lamented his abscence.  

So regardless of whether or not I feel ignored, I obviously feel this place is worth sticking with.  I wasn't blaming the feeling of being ignored on anyone but myself.  Or did you miss the "perhaps I don't contribute much worthwile" or "I just haven't found my niche" comments?  And for the record, those ARE NOT self pitying comments (I'm aware of how many drama queens there are online) but merely my own musing over possibilities.  (I have since found that the former is not the case, though I still don't feel I've found a niche, but that's MY problem, and I'm digressing...)

I don't begrudge you wishing to move on, but please don't go attacking me.  ESPECIALLY when I was merely trying to show that I sympathize, and I understood the feeling of being ignored.  In the future, I would appreciate it, (if you care so much as you claim) to not assume that I don't care for others on the internet.

Good bye, Ryan.

go over and read your words here again. and maybe you will see more so that it is you who is doing the attacking.. none the less. off I go...

and yes Angel you and your comments are one of the "big" reasons that I am not wanting to be here any more...