Autor Thema: Comparable Bands Similar to Falconer  (Gelesen 16769 mal)

Breadsticks14

• Gast
Comparable Bands Similar to Falconer
« am: Juli 08, 2005, 10:06:22 Nachmittag »
My first thought upon listening to the self titled Falconer debut began as a rather miscellaneous reaction. As the album progressed play, my interest began to drawn in more. And upon listening a few more times I found more and more things i liked about it. Eventually I bought all 4 albums, Treating them as if is chinaware. Listening to Falconer has made my hunger for Melodic Power Metal intensify to a brutal stage, of which I need and want more. I'm looking for bands that are similiar to Falconer's theme of music. Yet I haven't know any that can even compare without drawbacks.

If anybody has a band they can find compareable, it would be awesome to show & tell.  8)

Rules:
Remember Falconer Owns All
Tell some info about the band
Post a URL of the band's official website
Pictures are recommended
Keep Quotes to a minimium

Breadsticks14

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: Juli 08, 2005, 10:20:15 Nachmittag »
Artist: Firewind
Genre: Melodic Power Metal

Inside Information: Furious riffs and a pressuring production. Firewind pushes the pedal right from the start, one ingenious anthem follows another. Killer drumming and Brilliant Vocals.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Juli 08, 2005, 10:24:33 Nachmittag »
Artist: Heimdall
Genre: Power Metal
Other Info:  Well, what can I say?  Fantastic power metal from Italy!  The singer has this wonderfully deep voice.

Artist:  HammerFall
Genre: POWER METAL!  :D
Other Info:  I've noticed people either love or hate this band.  I love them.  They play good, heavy, power metal that is very catchy and lots of fun.  And the singer, Joacim Cans sounds a bit like Steve Perry of Journey.

Honestly, I don't know WHAT bands are comprable to Falconer.  Falconer isn't like any metal I've ever heard before.  They're very unique.

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Juli 09, 2005, 12:36:46 Vormittag »
The only band I ever found somewhat "similar" to Falconer are fellow countrymen Seven, who by now are disbanded (meaning no url nor pics). They released an album called Break the Chains, which was basically heavy / power metal with folky melodies and a bit of rock, medium register vocals and a distinguishable guitar sound.

However, the songs weren't as strong as Falconer's, and the vocals were a bit deeper and much, much less controlled. If you can find the album, you'll probably like it. It was released by Loud N' Proud Records back in 1999.

Breadsticks14

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Juli 09, 2005, 02:19:42 Vormittag »
Yea ive heard them, wonder why i never thought of that lol

kailef

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Juli 09, 2005, 09:10:01 Vormittag »
Hmm.  We've got a lot of music here at Epic Rock Radio, but none of the bands are exact;y like Falconer.  Falconer is  rather unique.  However, there are a few that come close...

Galloglass - A fairly new band with a similar sound, although they tend more towards the powermetal side of things with the double-bass sort of tempo.

Astral Doors - Lead singer Nils Patrik Johanssen is one of my favorite vocalists.  He has an entirely unique voice, quite amazing how it uses it.  They do not, unfortunately, have music nearly as complex and intricate as some of Falconer's stuff, but they are still a similar sound.

Black Majesty - They've got the complex and powerful melodies that Falconer has, unlike Astral Doors, but don't have quite as strong a lead singer.  Definitely great stuff, though.

Dream Evil - Totally awesome stuff, but I've only heard one of their albums, called Dragon Slayer.  I definitely love that album, though, it's one of my very favorites.

Kamelot - Their last four albums rock, period.  Melodic, powerful, and very well produced.  Their lead singer, Khan, has a smooth and powerful voice very reminiscent of Mattias.

Shaman - This is a bit of a stretch, because Andre Matos, the lead singer of Shaman (former lead singer of Angra by the way) doesn't sound like either of Falconer's singer, past or present.  However, being a Brazillian band, they have a bit of a "folk" sounding vibe to their music which makes some of their songs similar to Falconer's.

Wuthering Heights  - First, a warning.  They have three albums out, the latest being "Far from the Madding Crowd" with the lead singer from Astral Doors, Nils Patrik Johanssen.  The first two albums have another singer and in my personal opinion simply aren't worth listening to.  The third album with Nils singing, though, is great.  When I think about it, it occurs to me that it's most likely the closest to Falconer melodies that you can get, but with Nils distinctive vocal style.

I hope some of these bands help fill the need you are having.  :-)  They're all available for request at Epic Rock Radio if you can't find any samples out there.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Juli 09, 2005, 03:33:22 Nachmittag »
Oh!  I completely forgot about Galloglass!  Yeah, I heard some of their stuff awhile back and really liked it.  Good thing you mentioned them. :)  THANKS!

The Reaper's Cold Hand

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Oktober 20, 2005, 11:48:52 Vormittag »
Im suprized no one has mentioned Symphony X!  They have a good vocalist, as well as good lyrics.  The songs tend to be a littler longer than needed bcause they have 3 min guitar solos in almost all of them. >_<

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Oktober 24, 2005, 08:37:52 Nachmittag »
I think that a band called Nocturnal Rites (also from Sweden), is very similar to Falconer. Not that much folk-song style but really good melodic rock! Listen to the two newest albums.

kailef

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Oktober 29, 2005, 08:54:34 Nachmittag »
I didn't mention Symphony X because they're much more 'proggy' than Falconer.  Good call on Nocturnal Rites, though... Especially the older stuff before their new singer.

DrBig

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Oktober 30, 2005, 08:39:17 Nachmittag »
Another fantastic band with my kind of music:

The Storyteller

www.storyteller.nu

Breadsticks14

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: November 08, 2005, 02:58:21 Vormittag »
Yes,

Nocturnal Rites is one of my favorite bands. There drumming is so powerful, every song they write has excellent meaning. They don't just sing about death & war & etc... if you know what I mean. After Life and Alavon are great albums. You guys should goto there website and checkout there Videos.

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: November 08, 2005, 05:18:14 Vormittag »
Nocturnal Rites and Firewind are both excellent bands, Forged by Fire (Firewind) is my Top release so far for this year,by a long shot!!! If you want to check out Nocturnal Rites simiar to Falconer, look into their first two major releases, The Sacred Talisman and Tales of Mystery and Imagination.More theatrical/classical sounding, myth themes throughout, just excellent music. These two albums gotme totally hooked on the european power metal scene when I discovered it back in 1999/2000. As NR have progressed they got a little heavier (still really good) during Afterlife and Shadowland, then New World Messiah is a little lighter.I have not listened to Grand Illusion yet, though Christmas is coming, right honey!!  :wink:

rockofoak

• Gast
thanks a lot for all these tips!!!
« Antwort #13 am: Dezember 26, 2005, 01:00:13 Nachmittag »
Hey, thanks a lot for all these tips, guys!!
I'll be sure to check them all out!
Of all the bands mentioned here, I think I only heard Hammerfall and Kamelot, but I didn't like the few tracks I heard from Hammerfall at all! And I didn't find it remotely similar to Falconer :(
As for Kamelot, the 4 last albums were mentioned as being great, I heard "The Black Halo" (I think it's their last one) and I wasn't very impressed. It didn't really rock hard enough nor catch my ear... And once again, I also didn't think it was Falconer-ish...  :roll:
But maybe that's just me...

Great X-Mas to all! Cheers!
 :twisted:
Check out ALBUM REVIEWS:
http://joao.eddys-domain.de/

Anonymous

• Gast
folk yeah!
« Antwort #14 am: Januar 10, 2006, 05:49:58 Vormittag »
Einherjer's "Odin Owns Ye All" from '97 (Century Media) doesn't sound much like Falconer, yet it has the same sorta "vibe", if you will.. kind of a viking-ish, folky atmosphere, charming keyboard melodies  (ala mid-years Skyclad)... the "clean" vocals aren't that great, but they do fit the music very well. Unfortunately, the rest of their albums are more in the black metal vein.