Autor Thema: Gone for a week or so...  (Gelesen 9409 mal)

TexJoachim

• Gast
Gone for a week or so...
« Antwort #15 am: Juli 24, 2005, 08:02:18 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "The Metal RN"
ahhhhhh, I kill myself..... :P

In that case, can I have your guitar, please?
;)

SCNR,

Tex

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Gone for a week or so...
« Antwort #16 am: August 01, 2005, 12:32:55 Nachmittag »
Hey Angel,

you will say different for sure. :)

Good to see you back and getting better. Just came home and browsed through hundreds of mails and posts, then I remembered that jaw surgery thing and hurried over here. :)

Keep your head high (metaphorically and in the words' actual sense, because that should limit the pressure to your wounds, haha)!

Best
 - Nat
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Gone for a week or so...
« Antwort #17 am: August 01, 2005, 06:41:09 Nachmittag »
Thanks Odin!

Well everyone, I can honestly say that after nearly two weeks, I feel pretty great!  Every now and then I get a very mild ache right under my nose (where they made one of the incisions) but otherwise I don't have any pain.  I'm still mildly swollen, but I look almost normal again. :)   Currently the numbness is a big problem.

Have you ever had an itch where you were numb before?  Let me tell you...you cannot scratch that itch!  Because your skin is numb, the sensation of scratching doesn't reach your brain, and the itch remains!  It drives me batty!  :lol:

I'm also still stuck taking in only liquids and, on occasion, cream of wheat and mashed potatoes.  I still have that stupid splint in, and it gets in the way quite a bit.  I'm hoping the surgeon will remove it when I have another check-up this thursday.

I SO look forward to the day w hen I can have a nice, big, steaming slice of pizza once again.

TexJoachim

• Gast
Gone for a week or so...
« Antwort #18 am: August 01, 2005, 08:00:02 Nachmittag »
Reading this, I'll feel the threatening urge to enter our kitchen, open the box and help me to another blueberry muffin.

Hey, good idea!

Greetz,

T - "mjam!" - ex

Virvatuli

• Gast
Gone for a week or so...
« Antwort #19 am: August 01, 2005, 11:10:09 Nachmittag »
Nice to hear you're getting better again AoM :)

The Metal RN

• Gast
Gone for a week or so...
« Antwort #20 am: August 02, 2005, 01:22:09 Vormittag »
So i suppose a list of fantastically tasting solid foods would be quite the tease right now, huh :wink:

Well I am not that mean,glad you feel better and hope that splint comes off soon.

dorian jane

• Gast
Gone for a week or so...
« Antwort #21 am: August 02, 2005, 09:19:06 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"
Thanks Odin!

Well everyone, I can honestly say that after nearly two weeks, I feel pretty great!  Every now and then I get a very mild ache right under my nose (where they made one of the incisions) but otherwise I don't have any pain.  I'm still mildly swollen, but I look almost normal again. :)   Currently the numbness is a big problem.

Have you ever had an itch where you were numb before?  Let me tell you...you cannot scratch that itch!  Because your skin is numb, the sensation of scratching doesn't reach your brain, and the itch remains!  It drives me batty!  :lol:

I'm also still stuck taking in only liquids and, on occasion, cream of wheat and mashed potatoes.  I still have that stupid splint in, and it gets in the way quite a bit.  I'm hoping the surgeon will remove it when I have another check-up this thursday.

I SO look forward to the day w hen I can have a nice, big, steaming slice of pizza once again.

Angel i wish all things that annoy you end soon! I so sympathise with you.. I had an accident while playing outside when i was 9 years old , i broke my nose. It's not similar to yr jaw surgery but some of the things you describe (so vividly ! :wink: ) i felt back then.Plus the pain is stronger and hits you faster (as well as the itch) cause the centres of senses are right there , only some cm above ( :wink: )
I had to deal with liquid food too so i understand you completely.
How much weight have you lost?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Gone for a week or so...
« Antwort #22 am: August 02, 2005, 07:12:39 Nachmittag »
I lost 8lbs.  For now my weight seems to be staying put.  Honestly, I wouldn't mind losing MORE weight, but at least this means that I'm taking in the right kinds of liquids that keep me healthy.

The first two days home from the hospital I lost 5lbs because all I took was juice and medicine.  I felt too horrible to have anything else!

When you broke your nose, did the doctor snap it back into place?  I hear that hurts just as much as breaking it!

dorian jane

• Gast
Gone for a week or so...
« Antwort #23 am: August 05, 2005, 08:43:23 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"

When you broke your nose, did the doctor snap it back into place?  I hear that hurts just as much as breaking it!

Yes it does and my broken nose hurt alright!! But nobody had to snap it back into place cause it wasn't misplaced (i'm so glad about that!! i have a beautiful straight greek nose  :wink: )
My nose was broken as boxers' noses  are broken so they can endure punches into face.
No operation can be made on this kind of injury.. they put two cylindrical pieces of gauze through my nostrils though  (ouch! ouch! ouch! up through my brain !!!) in order to keep it straight.
I was like a gagged dog for a week or so , not allowed to play (  i just wanted to play basketball  - and i did after that horrible week was over  :twisted: )  having the basket  ball
hitting the hoop and then like a boomerang straight onto my nose  (Murphy's law) - ahhh... but by this time i had a boxer's nose .. :twisted: muahahahahah!
Still do.Too bad i'm not into boxing at all...  
One thing amazed the doctors though..not even a single drop of blood ran through my nose! They said that was due to my stamina and strong constitution.
I'm made of solid metal!!! Hehehehehe... 8)  
Lbs? How many kilos are 8 lbs? Speak in European ways of measuring things please !! You and the English!! Sheesh! ( just immitating yr way of showing annoyment and just kidding of course  :wink:  :lol: )

I had lost a lot of weight which means i was like a skeleton with skin after that week of recovering as i was already thin before the nose thing happened.

dorian jane

• Gast
Gone for a week or so...
« Antwort #24 am: August 05, 2005, 09:34:27 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "TexJoachim"
Zitat von: "The Metal RN"
ahhhhhh, I kill myself..... :P

In that case, can I have your guitar, please?
;)

SCNR,

Tex

You just can't stop asking people of their personal belongings , do you?  :lol:

TexJoachim

• Gast
Gone for a week or so...
« Antwort #25 am: August 05, 2005, 09:47:08 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "dorian jane"

You just can't stop asking people of their personal belongings , do you?  :lol:

Sure I can.

Greetz,

Tex
PS: Any CDs you would like to part with?
;)

The Metal RN

• Gast
Gone for a week or so...
« Antwort #26 am: August 06, 2005, 12:24:03 Vormittag »
8 lbs is 3.63 kg

Angel how are you feeling now?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Gone for a week or so...
« Antwort #27 am: August 06, 2005, 05:25:05 Vormittag »
Feeling better.  Still massively numb in my face, though.  And I can't have real food for another 2 weeks or so.

And I can't smile right yet, either.  

On the plus side, the surgeon removed the splint yesterday. :)

dorian jane

• Gast
Gone for a week or so...
« Antwort #28 am: August 06, 2005, 11:27:21 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "TexJoachim"

PS: Any CDs you would like to part with? ;)

Hehehe..no. :wink: