Autor Thema: Holy....What Happened??  (Gelesen 8170 mal)

RavenRiser

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« am: Juli 23, 2005, 12:00:47 Vormittag »
Gotta tell you guys...because I think you'll understand...

I am extremely dissapointed in the Grime Album.

What Happened to Falconer...?  

The First Album is Awesome..
The Second not as good, but good...
The Third was not even as good as the Second.  It was a different sound, new Singer, I allowed for some variation.  It's not as good as the first two but in its own way it gets the job done.
The Fourth, this new one, is so bad I had to turn it off.  What happened?  The riffs are good, the production qaulity is good.  The Singer, well I'll keep my mouth shut.   I felt that the music and the singer just couldn't get it together.

The lyrics blow!  Come on guys.  If some new guy is writing lyrics, take the pen away from him.

Unfortunately I think the Grand sound of Falconer was in their First Album.  Once the band returns to that,,,hard gritty riffs, tough lyrics, and return the true frontman Mathias to head this group of great musicians you'll begin to renew your fan base.  :idea:  

Come on...please...The lyrics on this album are worse than glam rock lyrics.

Here's to the Original Falconer...Royal Galley, man...remember that?  Brings a tear to my eye...

RavenRiser

• Gast
Addendum to my post
« Antwort #1 am: Juli 23, 2005, 05:32:20 Nachmittag »
I forced myself to listen to the enitre album...

I will say the last song, Child of the Wild is a great song...

I give props where there due.

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Re: Addendum to my post
« Antwort #2 am: Juli 23, 2005, 11:40:19 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "RavenRiser"
I [listened] to the enitre album...

Anonymous

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #3 am: Juli 23, 2005, 11:41:26 Nachmittag »
I haven't fully heard the new album, but from reviews/comments I've read and songs i've heard it seems like falconer has gone way down hill.  I mean, Loosing Mathias was just devastating, his skill and voice alone is just unrivaled.
Then the lyrics are no longer about blacksmiths, crowns, quests, and the past still living on?  From what it seems like, everything that I loved about falconer has been taken away and replaced by more guitar solos, growling and political statments.  Now they might as well be every other mediocre metal band on earth.

but hey, its not my place to criticize, its not like i could do better.

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #4 am: Juli 23, 2005, 11:59:43 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Anonymous"
I haven't fully heard the new album, but from reviews/comments I've read and songs i've heard it seems like falconer has gone way down hill.  I mean, Loosing Mathias was just devastating, his skill and voice alone is just unrivaled.
Then the lyrics are no longer about blacksmiths, crowns, quests, and the past still living on?  From what it seems like, everything that I loved about falconer has been taken away and replaced by more guitar solos, growling and political statments.  Now they might as well be every other mediocre metal band on earth.

It's ok, if you want to let others command what you listen to instead of listening for yourself (and not just once or twice), then it's your choice.

Radagast

• Gast
Re: Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #5 am: Juli 24, 2005, 04:32:01 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "RavenRiser"
If some new guy is writing lyrics, take the pen away from him.

So the version of the album you have doesn't have writing credits inside it. How odd. :roll:

Stefan W

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #6 am: Juli 24, 2005, 06:39:52 Nachmittag »
Maybe he didn´t get a booklet with the music....

Radagast

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #7 am: Juli 24, 2005, 09:39:52 Nachmittag »
Exactly, it's a little insolent to criticise a band for changing their sound a little when you aren't supporting them (my apologies if I'm being a little presumptuous there).

jakob_hasse

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #8 am: Juli 25, 2005, 01:30:53 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Radagast"
Exactly, it's a little ignorant to criticise a band for changing their sound a little when you aren't supporting them (my apologies if I'm being a little presumptuous there).

Well... I bought the new cd, and while I think the music's great, I also think the lyrics kindda suck!

Radagast

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #9 am: Juli 25, 2005, 01:46:40 Vormittag »
I mean the fact that he wasn't sure who wrote the lyrics, even though it is clearly stated in the booklet.

Cato

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #10 am: Juli 25, 2005, 10:25:13 Nachmittag »
I havent bought the new Album jet, and only listened to the reviews.
I think the sound has suffered slightly (why a new guitarist?), but I sadly have to admit that the new singer is not in any way comparable to Mathias. I just dont see, why Bands like Falconer change a great group with a very individual stile to a standard group, gradualy losing fans and losing their sound, just by kicking member after member...i mean, hey, "not a professional bassist"....who cares?? The sound is important, not, if any member may or may not have learnt his instrument professionally, or because of many awards. Exchanging one member, ok. But the way it  seems, falconer has changed the entire crew.

I just wont get, why the perfect sound of the first album wasnt just kept....

Anonymous

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #11 am: Juli 26, 2005, 02:16:18 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Mindtraveller"
Zitat von: "Anonymous"

It's ok, if you want to let others command what you listen to instead of listening for yourself (and not just once or twice), then it's your choice.

How am I letting others command what I listen to?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #12 am: Juli 26, 2005, 02:30:03 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Cato"
I havent bought the new Album jet, and only listened to the reviews.
I think the sound has suffered slightly (why a new guitarist?), but I sadly have to admit that the new singer is not in any way comparable to Mathias. I just dont see, why Bands like Falconer change a great group with a very individual stile to a standard group, gradualy losing fans and losing their sound, just by kicking member after member...i mean, hey, "not a professional bassist"....who cares?? The sound is important, not, if any member may or may not have learnt his instrument professionally, or because of many awards. Exchanging one member, ok. But the way it  seems, falconer has changed the entire crew.

I just wont get, why the perfect sound of the first album wasnt just kept....

Haven't you been keeping up with band news?  The short story: Old members left for various reasons, and they needed new ones to replace the ones that left.  Long story:  Read the band bio at www.falconermusic.com  From what I understand, everyone is on good terms.

As for the sound change - that happens.  If Falconer stayed exactly the same, people would complain as much as they do now.

Coming in here and going on and on about how the band is "losing fans" is rediculous.  I've been a fan since Chapters was released with Matthias on vocals, and *gasp!* I'm still a fan!  I wasn't as impressed with the new album at first either, but now I love it as much as I love my other falconer albums.  Trying to compare Kristoffer's vocals to Matthias' vocals is like comparing apples and oranges.  You have two very different vocal stylings.  Matthias is cultured and well-trained, and Kristoffer can do all kinds of amazing things with his.  They're both talented, but to try and compare them is rediculous.

Try to listen to the album WITHOUT expecting Matthias when you know you aren't going to get Matthias.  You might find you like it without the unreasonable expectations.  In short:  Take the album as it is.  An album.  Made by guys who love metal.

I hope I didn't ramble too much.  I'm still a bit wonkey from the jaw surgery.

kailef

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #13 am: Juli 26, 2005, 04:47:03 Vormittag »
I really like all the albums.  The last two are certainly much different than the first two, but, so what?  Yes, I admit, I prefer clean vocals to "harsh" metal vocals, but Kris can do both quite well.  He surely leans towards the harsher side, but when he wants to he can sing however he wants, and quite well, too.

I really don't understand why everyone's got so much negative stuff to say...  Personally I think the guitar, for example, is actually BETTER now than it was on the first few albums.

To those of you who don't like GvG - Just listen to it some more.  Listening to it once just doesn't do it.  Once you become familiar with the songs, you'll like 'em just as much as the older stuff.

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #14 am: Juli 26, 2005, 06:05:08 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "kailef"
To those of you who don't like GvG - Just listen to it some more.  Listening to it once just doesn't do it.

Unfortunately, an increasing trend seems to be that a good amount of younger "metalheads" are no different from pop-fans, in the sense that they want immediate satisfaction.