Autor Thema: Holy....What Happened??  (Gelesen 8165 mal)

kailef

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #15 am: Juli 26, 2005, 09:12:33 Vormittag »
Yeah!  And when I was your age, I had to 10 miles in the snow to school, uphill, both ways!   :wink:

But seriously - I'm afraid that trend is prevalent in more than simply music.  With each generation of people, the demand for instant gratification becomes more and more obvious.  Many people are completely unwilling to wait for anything at all, these days.

I, for example, really didn't like the first Falconer album I ever heard.  (Which was, by the way, Vale)  The only song I really liked was Clarion Call and I though the rest was more or less crap.  That is, however, not my opinion today.  So, yeah - You really need to take the time to really savor the music before you can form a permament opinion.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #16 am: Juli 26, 2005, 05:07:14 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "kailef"

To those of you who don't like GvG - Just listen to it some more.  Listening to it once just doesn't do it.  Once you become familiar with the songs, you'll like 'em just as much as the older stuff.

That's what I've been saying. :)  I had to listen to GvG a second time before I became nearly obsessed with listening to it.  My favorite tracks are Jack the Knife and Child of the Wild.

St vitus

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #17 am: Juli 27, 2005, 12:52:10 Vormittag »
When I first heard GvG I thought it suckd soemthing bad, but I gave it a few more listens because of the line up change and the whole going for a new sound and it really grew on me. Its not Falconers best work by but still a great power metal cd.I would like anothe scepter of deception though

The Metal RN

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #18 am: Juli 27, 2005, 01:57:19 Vormittag »
Wow!!! Interesting that someone mentioned Septre as their favorite, not something you see here  very often. It really just goes to show that there are all kinds of tastes, and that one person's preferences do not reflect everyone elses. I really do enjoy all the albums, and each for different reasons. Lord of the Blacksmiths, Mindtraveller, Busted to the Floor, Portals of Light, Septre of Deception, Night of Infamy, No Tears for Strangers, Humanity Overdose they have different little elements that I really like. I look forward to whatever Stefan and company will put out.

The Metal RN

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #19 am: Juli 27, 2005, 02:00:11 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"

That's what I've been saying. :)  I had to listen to GvG a second time before I became nearly obsessed with listening to it.

I think this happens a lot more than we all think. Fantasy and anticipation vs reality sometimes produce mixed feelings. You never know what to expect and it may very well be different from what it ends up being, coloring our first listen. Then when you listen to it without that preconceived notion, you can enjoy it for what it is!!!!

St vitus

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #20 am: Juli 27, 2005, 06:03:34 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "The Metal RN"
Wow!!! Interesting that someone mentioned Septre as their favorite, not something you see here  very often. It really just goes to show that there are all kinds of tastes, and that one person's preferences do not reflect everyone elses. I really do enjoy all the albums, and each for different reasons. Lord of the Blacksmiths, Mindtraveller, Busted to the Floor, Portals of Light, Septre of Deception, Night of Infamy, No Tears for Strangers, Humanity Overdose they have different little elements that I really like. I look forward to whatever Stefan and company will put out.

Wow really! Everyone I know loves scepter and it is their favorite, followed by Chapters . I like chpaters so much mostly for The clarion call. Which is a GREAT song

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #21 am: Juli 27, 2005, 07:53:06 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "St vitus"
I like chpaters so much mostly for The clarion call. Which is a GREAT song

That is my favorite Falconer song ever. :)

St vitus

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #22 am: Juli 27, 2005, 10:27:07 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "St vitus"
I like chpaters so much mostly for The clarion call. Which is a GREAT song

That is my favorite Falconer song ever. :)

Mine too! It all just comes together so great on that song

Radagast

• Gast
Holy....What Happened??
« Antwort #23 am: Juli 28, 2005, 04:34:21 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "kailef"

To those of you who don't like GvG - Just listen to it some more.  Listening to it once just doesn't do it.  Once you become familiar with the songs, you'll like 'em just as much as the older stuff.

That's what I've been saying. :)  I had to listen to GvG a second time before I became nearly obsessed with listening to it.  My favorite tracks are Jack the Knife and Child of the Wild.

Some parts of Jack the Knife sound so much like early Falconer. Which is a bit odd when you consider Kriss wrote the whole thing.