Autor Thema: Tourism on Bleeding4Metal - Pt.2: USA  (Gelesen 23299 mal)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Tourism on Bleeding4Metal - Pt.2: USA
« Antwort #30 am: Oktober 20, 2004, 05:17:09 Vormittag »
I'm also one of those accent-loving Americans.  I was in seventh heaven when I went to London over the summer.

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #31 am: Oktober 20, 2004, 02:44:25 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"

And about the love of accents  (& Europeans in general) -- I am definitely guilty as charged.

Being the melting pot does allow you to indulge in this here in some capacity as well my dear.  :D

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 02:17:42 Vormittag »
No real myths to dispell in your comments so I'll just add some thoughts off the top of my head. I hope this post isn't TOO BIG.

Freedom/Responsibility,  Liberty Bell, Statue of Liberty, Bill of Rights,  Yellowstone park, Yosemite, Sequois, Old Faithful, Hoover Dam, Niagra Falls, Vermont granite, Pilgrims and Plymouth Rock, Maine lobsters, Maryland crabs, Clambakes, Louisiana crayfish, New Jersey tomatos, Georgia peaches, Philly Cheese Steak, Corndogs, cottom candy, State Fairs, Rodeos, Ten Gallon hats, Oil wells, Mesas, The Mile High City,  The Rockies, Bean Town, Wisconson cheese heads,  Disneyland, Las Vegas -showgirls and gambling, Painted Dessert, The Grand Canyon,  saltflats, Death Valley, Wounded Knee, Idaho potatos and Iowa corn, Cattle,  the praries, the Plains and Buffalo,  New England fall foliage, maple sugaring time,  apple picking,  World Series (baseball), Super Bowl, Mississippi River Boats,  Mardi Gras, Detroit Motor City, The Windy City, Appalechia, Florida Hardcore Metal, Seattle Grunge, The Blues and ALL its styles, Bluegrass, Dixieland, Eastcoast/Westcoast,  Lala land (L.A.), Golden Gate Bridge,  surf's up and hang ten, Chevy/Ford, Indy 500, Kentucky Derby and mint julups, Spring Break, Yale/Harvard, land of plenty, FDR, JFK, MLK, NYC,DC, All men are created equal, the American Dream.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 03:01:45 Vormittag »
No real myths to dispell in your comments so I'll just add some thoughts off the top of my head. I hope this post isn't TOO BIG.

Freedom/Responsibility,  Liberty Bell, Statue of Liberty, Bill of Rights,  Yellowstone park, Yosemite, Sequois, Old Faithful, Hoover Dam, Niagra Falls, Vermont granite, Pilgrims and Plymouth Rock, Maine lobsters, Maryland crabs, Clambakes, Louisiana crayfish, New Jersey tomatos, Georgia peaches, Philly Cheese Steak, Corndogs, cottom candy, State Fairs, Rodeos, Ten Gallon hats, Oil wells, Mesas, The Mile High City,  The Rockies, Bean Town, Wisconson cheese heads,  Disneyland, Las Vegas -showgirls and gambling, Painted Dessert, The Grand Canyon,  saltflats, Death Valley, Wounded Knee, Idaho potatos and Iowa corn, Cattle,  the praries, the Plains and Buffalo,  New England fall foliage, maple sugaring time,  apple picking,  World Series (baseball), Super Bowl, Mississippi River Boats,  Mardi Gras, Detroit Motor City, The Windy City, Appalechia, Florida Hardcore Metal, Seattle Grunge, The Blues and ALL its styles, Bluegrass, Dixieland, Eastcoast/Westcoast,  Lala land (L.A.), Golden Gate Bridge,  surf's up and hang ten, Chevy/Ford, Indy 500, Kentucky Derby and mint julups, Spring Break, Yale/Harvard, land of plenty, FDR, JFK, MLK, NYC,DC, All men are created equal, the American Dream.

The mention of all that food made me very hungry.  Mmm...Nothing beats a corn dog from the State Fair.  OOH!  Except for fried pickles or oreos from the state fair!  Yum, fattening!

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #34 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 04:25:26 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"

The mention of all that food made me very hungry.  Mmm...Nothing beats a corn dog from the State Fair.  OOH!  Except for fried pickles or oreos from the state fair!  Yum, fattening!

Not to mention Apple pie with a nice big chunk of cheddar cheese!!!!!!! :lol:  or maybe funnel cakes!!!! I really want some dessert now! :P

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 04:27:04 Nachmittag »
Las Vegas -showgirls and gambling,

You forgot "THE RANCH"   :shock:  :shock:  :shock: not that I would know anythng about this....  :wonder:  :wonder:

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #36 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 04:39:05 Nachmittag »
Just random free association......Baseball, Basketball, Football (not Futbol),  Men's and Women's NCAA B-Ball tournys, LA, NYC, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (though they are missing many talents there!), House of Blues, me, Paul Bunyan, Johnny Appleseed, John Henry, Samuel Clemens, WTC, Sears Tower, Brooklyn Bridge, Coney Island, roller coasters, amusment parks, working a gazillion hours and taking no vacations, beautiful coastline and beaches, never ending flat plains, high mountain peaks, raging rivers, great lakes, people's appreciation of their ancestors heritage/nationality, The Bill of Rights, and Amendments to the Constitution.

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #37 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 05:46:19 Nachmittag »
Reading all of this it seems you Americans LOVE Europeans !

If you are female : LUCKY me...  :lol:
And yes : I have the nicest sexy accent... :wink:

This is the way I talk : 'Yes, zere is some eun in ze reum...'

And I do plenty of other irresistable European stuff too...

:P  :P  :P

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #38 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 05:48:03 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "shadowman"

Your wife just called.
You don't mind that I quoted you word for word, do you?
:)

Greetz,

Tex

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #39 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 08:51:37 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "The Metal RN"
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"

Not to mention Apple pie with a nice big chunk of cheddar cheese!!!!!!! :lol:  or maybe funnel cakes!!!! I really want some dessert now! :P

I love cheese so much!  OOOH!  And you can get fried cheese curds at the IL State Fair, in addition to the other stuff I mentioned.  Mmm...Dangit, I just had lunch and now I'm hungry again!

Shadow, aren't you married?  You naughty, naughty man!  :lol:

But it's true, we love Europeans!  Usually.  I've met a few that are as ignorant as some of my fellow countrymen.  I can't stand ignorance.  I had one girl from Slovenia tell me that the US is a horrible place (to keep it short.)  I pointed out that she's never been here, and that all the people from Europe who have been here that I've talked to loved it.  She just told me I was brainwashed.  ERGH.  Needless to say, I don't discuss my country with her anymore.  /rant

And now I must go work on my Ethics crib sheet,  for if I do not, I will do very badly on the test this coming Tuesday.

evilshell

• Gast
« Antwort #40 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 09:00:37 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "shadowman"

This is the way I talk : 'Yes, zere is some eun in ze reum...'

And I do plenty of other irresistable European stuff too...

:P  :P  :P

Heh, well, I will get in line to tell your wife ;)

And there is a reason I married a European man, yanno!

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #41 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 10:05:55 Nachmittag »
I really dont understand that accentthing. Atleast most of finnish people sound horrible, like potatos trying to mumble with too many rrr's and k's, while they're desperiately trying to speak something called english. And Russians with nj's... Ynh... Perhaprs its just easier for US people, if they dont understand what their partner is saying?  :lol:

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #42 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 10:34:07 Nachmittag »
Euh ... married ... ???
Me ???
Oh yeah, that is right ! Completely forgot ! :wink:

What was I thinking ... ?? Tss Tss.... damn shadowman  !!! :x

Still, how can I help it being that sexy and irresistable and above all : MODEST !!

:laugh:

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #43 am: Oktober 21, 2004, 10:47:56 Nachmittag »
Ok, cut the crap shadowman ! :wink:

Just today I read this in the newspaper under the heading 'through or false' :

"Americans aren't really interested in travelling..."

"True, or the destination should be Disneyworld because 70¨% of the Americans have been there. Less than 20 % of the US Citizens own a passport. The reason for this lack of interest on travelling :
- 51 % is afraid
- 26 just don't feel like travelling
- 6 % first would like to see America itself
- 7 % doens't like to fligh
The people who do like to travel have Europe as destination number 1 with a preference of Great-Britain followed by France then Germany"

This article was a side note on the coming US elections in one of Belgians leading newspapers, therefor I can assure you, the sources of this enquiry are 100 % reliable...

Any comments by the American bleeding guys ??

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #44 am: Oktober 22, 2004, 12:29:35 Vormittag »
I am suprised that the percent of   "Want to see America first"  is so small!  Because that is most often the excuse I hear from people.

In general Americans are workaholics.  Many take no vacations at all. They pride themselvess on that fact! So if they do take time off its usually to see family or because it is a  holiday.  
Most Americans only get a week or  maybe two a year of vacation time, not much time for European travel. Unless you are a college student backpacking through Europe one summer
break,  a  trip to Europe is often seen as a once in a life time thing they save up for to do later in life.

As  far as afraid...well American always seem to be afraid. I lived for a time in an a  large city.  My family was afraid to visit, worried they'd get shot or some such thing. Now when
I go back to visit friends are like "oooh, aren't you scared?" of what? "It's  ssooo dangerous"  ??? I guess looking at the evening news it can look  that way and that is probably the same place
 they  get the impression that Europe is sooo dangerous. Watching the news it looks that way. And it is partly due to the fact that  we don't  know geograph!, If something is happening in
 the  Ukraine well that's right next to Belgium isn't it??? :laugh: